“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phoenix Zoo

Phoenix Zoo
455 N. Galvin Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85008 (Camelback East)
+1 602-286-3800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 94 Attractions in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the Phoenix Zoo and explore a wondrous world of curiosity, imagination and discovery. For more than half a century, the Zoo and its animals have amazed guests from across Phoenix and around the globe. Whether you are on the lookout for awe-inspiring Asian elephants, on safari to spot the great Sumatran tiger or seeking towering giraffes roaming the savanna - a day at the Zoo offers adventures like no other place in the Valley. With cafes, shops, lush gardens and exciting experiences like Stingray Bay, Giraffe Encounter, Monkey Village, Safari Train, 4-D Theater and many more, your visit to the Zoo will be memorable for the entire family. The Phoenix Zoo is one of the nation's largest non-profit zoos, committed to conservation and providing experiences that inspire people and motivate them to care for the natural world.
Menomonie, Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We went to the Phoenix zoo with our 19 month old son. I thought it was a great zoo and he loved it. Very well laid out. It was a bit expensive but it was worth it.

• Korean first
9 attraction reviews
“Nice place to go but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

It is a growing zoo, and we primarily went to walk around and see the animals. We enjoyed the zoo but it is a smaller zoo (in terms of exhibits) than others we've visited (although it looks like it has room to grow). We enjoyed it although it isn't something we'd go back to again and again. It looked like a good place to take kids as they had a lot of places for them to climb around on things and burn off energy.

They don't list discount admissions at the ticket office, but there is a senior rate and an AAA discount, so if you quality be sure to ask for it. I found it a little annoying that In addition to all of the overpriced food there are a bunch of things that have a $5 additional price for each - pet the giraffes, ride a zip line, ride a pony, take a tram, go on the carousel. Maybe all "amusement" places do that and I just don't notice it...

Visited January 2014
12 attraction reviews
“Nice zoo, especially for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Well laid out and easy to get around. Does not have huge amounts of information about the animals at the exhibits, which could be a plus or a minus. Feeding the giraffes (for an extra fee) was the highlight of the visit.

I would imagine in warmer months the heat would be unbearable, however.

Visited December 2013
phoenix
111 attraction reviews
“This water oasis in the desert is wonderful. Enjoy the flora and fauna.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I made it to Phoenix Zoo early one Saturday morning and enjoyed viewing all the water features that surround this facility which house turtles, tropical birds and make you forget for a moment that you are smack in the middle of the Sonoran desert.

There are also plenty of trees and flowers to admire no matter what time of year.

Here's your chance to also go on a brief camel ride for $5 too.

Visited August 2013
Buckeye, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
“Nice zoo, expensive for what you get though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I feel this is a nice zoo, but if I would have had to pay the full ticket price it wouldn't have been worth it for me. I found my tickets at my local library with a culture pass offer that is currently running. When we got to the zoo it was clean which I appreciated, parking was also easy. However to do any of the activities within the zoo there are extra costs which I personally wasn't prepared for. The activities were worth it for my kids they loved the camel ride and the stingray exhibit. But a lot of the main animals cheetahs etc where on medical observation so we didnt get to see them.

Visited January 2014