“Happy Valley!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Phoenix North - Happy Valley

You added Homewood Suites Phoenix North - Happy Valley to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Phoenix North - Happy Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2470 West Charlotte Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85085 (Deer Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Paxton, United States
“Happy Valley!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My stay at the Homewood Suites in North Phoenix, Happy Valley was exceptional. There was enough space for a family, well-trained and helpful staff. The complimentary full breakfast with both comfort food and healthier options set a very positive tone for the day.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Michael S, Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Madeline,

First, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a review. The team sincerely appreciates the praise of performing at an exceptional level. We take pride in helping our guests in every way possible so we can't thank you enough for the kudos. Have a relaxing upcoming Holiday and we hope to see you again soon.

Mike Spangenberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We are a family of four and I always like to book two-room suites so that we can let the kids sleep on the pullout bed in the living room and the adults can sleep in the bedroom with a door separating the two areas. This hotel fit the bill for us perfectly. I especially appreciate that the bathroom is on the bedroom side of the door rather than in the living room area. The Keurig coffeemaker and complementary microwave popcorn were welcoming touches, and the kids really were excited about the lollipops in the room and the M&Ms that we got for being HHonors members. Overall we had a very positive experience and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside (surrounding the pool and basketball court) are quiet and away from traffic. Tak...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Michael S, Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Kristen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in regards of your recent stay with us. It was great to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay in Happy Valley. We value your business and hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful week!

Mike
Carol Stream, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was my first experience at a Homewood Suites and overall I was very pleased with all the hotel has to offer. I stayed here for business for 3 nights and 2 days. This hotel is more of an extended stay hotel offering a full size fridge, a small electric range, microwave and Keurig (sp?) maker but staying here for business was a great choice, in my opinion.
1) The hotel overall is very clean - lobby area, dinning area, hallways, etc.
2) Staff is extremely friendly (almost too friendly for a Chicagoan ;) and always greeted my and had a genuine smile on their face,
3) Rooms were great. I stayed in the 1 bedroom (they also have studio) and it was set up like a mini apartment. It had a living area w/a couch, chair and TV, small kitchen area w/a table to sit down at and a bedroom, equipped with another TV and full bathroom (vanity sep from shower (no tub) and toilet). Loved, loved the bed. It was nicely equipped with tons of pillows and the comforter was well, very comforting. Shampoo, conditioner and soap are all Neutrogena products.
4) My last hotel stay had crud for breakfast so this place was heaven sent. The menu changed every day I was there. The had scrambled eggs as a staple but in addition to a plain scramble they would have cheese and ham, cheese and scallions, veggie. Another staple was their parfait bar. They say its "fresh fruit" but the pineapple obviously came from a can and the variety of fruit (2 at most some days) was a little lack luster but none the less, it was still nice to have. They do offer apples and bananas as well along with sausage, bacon, waffles, hash browns. Again not every day but a great variety. The happy hour had the same deal, only add wine (white & red) and beer. Of course it wasnt breakfast food but a variety of dinner foods. For example, mashed potatoes, Salisbury steak, veggie lasagna, pork tacos, etc...
5) Fitness Rm and pool - used both. Fitness room is small as previously stated but I had no issues not being able to use the machines between 6-630a. There is no fan in the room but you are able to contro the A/C. The pool is the cleanest first thing in the morning, *They say pool hrs are 7a-11p but i was able to access the pool at 6:30a w/my key* I mention the condition of the pool only b/c when I come back to the hotel after work or in the evening I noticed the pool & hot tub were littered with leaves, flowers, etc. I understand its going to happen but maybe a mid day cleaning could be in order. It really did deter me from using it in the evening.
Overall, I am staying here again when I need to come back to my Phoenix office.Its close to shops if you need anything and the highway as well. Plenty of places to go to eat if you are not interested in their happy hour. Oh, and fresh baked cookies in the evening. YUM!

Green Features: Like other hotels they state if you hang your towel, they wont take them and will allow you to reuse but I found hanging or not, they took the towels and replenished.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We booked at Homewood Suites because we had wonderful experiences with the Del Mar, CA hotel. We wanted a place close to Wet and Wild water park. We were extremely disappointed that the Happy Valley hotel does not offer manager's reception on the weekends. Luckily, there was a GREAT shopping center nearby with fantastic restaurants. Unfortunately, that was a cost that we hadn't planned on. Also, when we had stayed at the Del Mar hotel, we were given an actual suite (a room with two rooms and a door). This was great, because we have small children who go to sleep early watching Disney and Nickelodeon channels, and it allowed my husband and I to stay up and watch tv (there were two tvs as well). The Happy Valley hotel gave us a large room, but with no door between the two beds. There was also only one tv. Finally, we were disappointed with the breakfast on Saturday. The only breakfast meat was on the bagel - bacon, egg, and cheese bagel. Our family loves bacon and sausage, however, two of us are not egg eaters. So that was also a disappointment. We enjoy staying at Homewood Suites and believe there is value there, but we will most likely not stay at this one again ... especially if it is the weekend. It felt like the hotel was trying to save money by cutting amenities for guests. No guest wants to feel like that. On the plus side, the people working at this hotel are very nice and helpful.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your time in Phoenix. We understand you have many choices when selecting a hotel in the valley so we were honored to have been number one. On behalf of the entire team in Happy Valley, we apologize for your experience with evening reception and accommodations in the guestroom.

Homewood Suites by Hilton take prides in offering consistent accommodations and with that were only able to offer the "Welcome Home Reception" Monday to Thursday. We have taken this opportunity to follow up on your food variety concerns as well. Please know that it is our goal to have as much variety as possible. We have reviewed our offerings based on your comments.

We understand obstacles traveling with family and the importance of having a separate bedroom in your guestroom. The team is sorry you were unable to take advantage of a one bedroom suite during your stay with us. The next time you’re in Phoenix, please email me personally so I can ensure your accommodations are met. Again, we value your business and feedback and hope you can give us another try.

mspangenberg@ncghotels.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stay here the staff is great and the amenities are amazing.value is awesome! I have stayed at many Homewood locations and I recommend them to everyone I know. I think they are the best price for everything you get :)

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your time in Phoenix. I shared your feedback with the team today and they appreciate the kind words. We are glad you were able to take advantage of the value with the Homewood Suites. Have a fantastic week ahead!

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Like every Homewood Suites, this hotel was nice with large spacious rooms. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was very good. Surprisingly, the hotel offers free beer on tap at night so the lobby is a good place to sit and hang out with others you are traveling with.

• Stayed July 2013
Michael S, Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a review. We were thrilled to hear the suites were spacious and the team was pleasant. Our team values your choice to stay with us during your time in Phoenix. Have a fantastic week and we hope to see you again soon.

Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel in no way resembles any other Hilton property I've seen. It occupies a very congested area filled with multiple-family structures. A block or so away is a large Walmart auto service center. Beyond the auto center is the store. Hotel looks old on the outside, old on the inside, and feels old as well.

It's a large building and something of a maze to navigate. In one spot the hallway near my room widened to accommodate a billiards table where a game was in progress. The swimming pool is roughly 60-70% as large as at most hotels and situated close to the parking area and main entrance. There's very little space for lounging around the pool's periphery. Fitness center contains two treadmills and an elliptic. All three were in use at around 6AM when I entered.

Room was quite basic. Furniture, flooring and lamps appeared out of date. The small kitchen was fairly well equipped, including a full sized refrigerator. But there was no ice when I arrived and the ice-maker didn't begin working until after midnight. Kitchen contained a microwave, but no traditional oven. AC and heating are from two standing wall units which were on the loud side. AC is set to operate only when a motion detector senses your presence in room (though they explain how you can override it). There were some other noises in the bedroom wall that I couldn't figure out, but which made it hard to sleep. The windows have curtain-like "shells" on the sides that don't pull closed. There's a second much thinner layer inside that do close but block little outside light.

On a positive note, bed and pillows were comfortable. I found the staff generally cheerful. The lobby was well appointed and the morning breakfast looked adequate. However, at $169 per night during "off-peak" season (June) I feel this hotel was grossly overpriced.

Room Tip: Just be careful about which Homewood Suites you are viewing/booking. There are more than one in Phoe...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Michael S, Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We understand you have many lodging options to choose from in Phoenix so we truly value your business with us. I have personally addressed the concerns you brought to our attention and apologize for the inconvenience. The team would also like to let you know the hotel is slated for a full renovation beginning in August. We would love to have you back and if you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to contact me at any time.

623 580-1800

Been to Homewood Suites Phoenix North - Happy Valley? Share your experiences!