“Very Nice Owners” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Chadron, Nebraska
“Very Nice Owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here on New Years Eve 2012. This hotel was a great price. It was clean and comfortable. The room we were in was a bit outdated. When we were in between hotels and didn't have a place to store our luggage, the owners were kind enough to keep them locked up for us as we enjoyed our day downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Room was nice, spacious and clean and had fast Internet access. Phone in room can be used to make free local calls. Breakfast wasn't great but for the price paid you can't really complain. Plenty of car parking - would need a car in this area as it seemed a bit dodgy. Watch out for a phone call to your room early morning - this is a prank call - guy will say that hotel database is down and needs your details again. When we went to reception to ask about this we were informed straight away this was a prank (some warning beforehand would have been good!) luckily I didn't give away any information!! Overall I recommend this hotel as was a great price.

• Stayed September 2013
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was the cleanest motel that I have stayed at. The bed was comfortable. The pillows fluffy. No chipped paint. No missing grout. Two big thumbs up!!! Nicer than a big name hotel a block away with rooms going for $200 plus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I only needed a room for the night since I was seeing a show at the Crescent Ballroom. Read the positive reviews on this place and they were spot on. Very clean. And only 2 blocks away from my destination. You cannot beat the price of this place if you are visiting downtown Phoenix and will only be in your room to sleep and shower.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

When we got tickets to a Diamondback baseball game, we selected the Budget Lodge Downtown Phoenix because it is affordable, comfortable, clean, and convenient. It is within walking distance of Chase Stadium and our favorite dinner restaurant--The District. We also walked to Corner Bakery Cafe for breakfast one morning and drove to Matt's Big Breakfast another morning. We felt safe at this location.

Room Tip: We chose the second floor. There is no elevator, but we like to take the stairs for a cardio workout...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I found the budget lodge online and thought there had to be a catch, the price was just too good. I decided to book anyway and save a few dollars during my couple of days in Phoenix, I have stayed in budget motels before and understand that "you get what you pay for" so I had no expectations.

The budget lodge, however, far exceeded all expectations. It was spotless clean, everything worked, the air conditioning was good, there was a microwave and even a fridge (something I have noticed to be missing from much higher priced hotels throughout the U.S.A), the bed was comfortable and the wifi worked.

The owners will go out of their way to provide an excellent service, my flight from Anchorage was delayed and overbooked, so I arrived on a red-eye to find that they had been waiting up all night for me to arrive. If you are a non-smoker you will also be re-assured to know that the owners have taken measures to ensure the environment remains smoke-free, I was required to fill in and sign a document acknowledging that a hefty fine will be imposed for smoking in the room.

The lodge is located just a few blocks from the main light rail station and 10-15 minutes walk to everything downtown Phoenix.

Yes, the furnishings are basic and the view out the window is a parking lot (keep in mind the price you are paying for the room), but unlike many other similarly priced motels this one is clean, everything works, the owners are good people and it is in a central location.

I am now on the other side of the country staying in a supposedly more "up-market" hotel and paying triple the price for not even half the quality and level of service that the budget lodge provided.

Overall the budget lodge is one of the best value for money places I have ever stayed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
yuma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This place was Clean,quiet, and 3 minutes from the event I went to. In the near future I will be staying at this hotel again and I know that I will get the same service I received the first time. I recommend to book it online then to just show up and get your room. Another thing is that its in the middle of a lot of businesses. That means you don't have to drive very far to get food or anything else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Budget Lodge Downtown Phoenix? Share your experiences!