“Budget Motel, Phoenix” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Prescott, AZ
“Budget Motel, Phoenix”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Inexpensive, clean, comfortable room. Nothing special, but clearly a value. When compared to the big guys downtown, it is 4 blocks farther away and about 1/3 the price. Very good service. Wireless seemed a bit slow, but I was using my phone so hard to tell.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
George Town, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We droved from San Diego to Grand Canyon South Rim and we need a place in between to rest. Since Phoenix is the biggest cities in between, it is an obvious choice that we chose to spend one day at this city. (However, if anyone wish to travel this route, I'd recommend that you stay in Sedona, just another 2 hours drive from Phoenix. Great view waiting.....)
Budget Lodge is conveniently located at Phoenix Downtown. For the price that we pay, I think it is value for money. The room is clean, with microwave and refrigerator. The bed is very comfortable too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and are from the Phoenix area but were looking for a place to stay that was reasonably priced close to the Suns stadium, literally it is within walking distance. The hotel is very safe, we stayed on the second floor, however, the rooms on the bottom floor are very secure, too. I would recommend asking for a room with a balcony, those rooms have two queen beds, but it had the most amazing view of Phoenix's skyline. The couple that runs the hotel are very professional, helpful, and are on site. The rooms are very clean and nice. We had a great experience and plan to go back! Also, they have great coffee at their small continental breakfast!

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony have a great view. Try the coffee!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I had a pleasant stay at the Budget Lodge. The hotel more than met our expectation, considering the reasonable rates we paid. The cleanliness is top in the list of good points; room was well-kept and attractive with a functioning TV, microwave and refrigerator. The shower and the A/C and heater were all in order. The continental breakfast was good. The location is not bad, although a little isolated from the main downtown area, but close enough to walk to the center. Upon checking in, my husband requested: "A quiet room, in a quiet location", and it was fully met. One thing that needs improvement is the customer relationship on the parts of the proprietors with the hotel guests. This factor falls short of our usual experiences with many hotels over many years.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The location was perfect for our needs - less than a mile from the Arizona Science Center and the event we were attending. Having grown up in Phoenix, I was a little wary about staying on Van Buren due to its reputation, but we had no problems whatsoever. With the security at the hotel, we felt safe and comfortable.

The staff at Budget Lodge that we interacted with were wonderful, friendly, and very helpful.

The room itself was nothing special, but if you are only sleeping and showering in the room, ambiance doesn't really matter. Our room was clean and the bed was comfy enough that we both slept soundly through the night which I can't recall happening in our last few stays at more expensive hotels.

north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had a very positive experience with this hotel. I stayed for 5 days alone as a 24 year old female and felt very safe, which was what was most important to me. The hotel was very secure, clean and had everything that I needed for the week that I was there for a conference. It is run by a nice couple who were very helpful. The gentleman repeatedly gave me directions to anything that I needed to find and they even printed me off a map. The staff was extremely helpful and the hotel was clean and well kept. It is just a few blocks away from the conference center and major restaurants. The wifi, refridgerator, and microwave were nice bonuses. I don't usually write reviews of places, but I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. If anyone is looking for an affordable hotel in downtown Phoenix, I absolutely recommend this one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great location!!!! Just a block or two from downtown, 4 short blocks to Comerica Theatre.
Room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, even had a microwave and mini fridge. The Wifi worked perfectly.
Breakfast included, coffee, donuts, bars, juice, fruit.
Solo female traveler, felt 100% safe
The owners are very nice and more than happy to give you directions, call a cab ect......
Would stay here again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Budget Lodge Downtown Phoenix? Share your experiences!