“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

When considering these types of hotels; the Homewood and similar from Hyatt, etc, one MUST consider the value of breakfast and dinner/reception that is included in the per night stay rate...regardless of if you are traveling with family of 4 or solo, the savings of not eating out for breakfast AND a great snack with an alcoholic beverage or two is money not leaving your pocket...therefore, it is important to know that the breakfast is not simply dry bread goods and boxed cereal (which Homewood is NOT...their bfast changes daily; eggs, meat (bacon or sausage or the like), full bread display, oatmeal) and their Happy Hour/reception not jalapeno poppers and canned beer (which Homewood is NOT...their's changes nightly with tap beers and wines!). A GREAT value that should be considered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Samantha L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

We just wanted to thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Phoenix Metro Center to accommodate you on your most recent stay. We know that there are a lot of choices available and thank you for choosing Homewood. I see that you have recently completed a review for our hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so. Feedback is one of the most valuable tools that we have and enables us to take corrective action, utilize suggestions and share opportunities for praise and growth with our staff. All of this can help ensure a more favorable stay in the future.
I noticed on the review you were pleased with our hotel and for that we are grateful. We do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your great feedback !! Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us, and our staff will be thrilled!

Thank you again for choosing Homewood Suites, We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

P.S. - I can see you have stayed with us before and on a past review you had a rate challenge, Although I was not working at this property at the time, please do not hesitate to contact me going forward if any issues that arise!

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed a week in Phoenix at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center. The staff at the hotel was amazing. Everyone was so kind and gave us great customer service...it made our stay in the Phoenix area great. I would recommend this property to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Booked for our 1st 2 nights to get over the jet lag. After travelling for nearly 24 hours had a lukewarm welcome, we only know this because when coming back from the Diamondbacks game we heard a different receptionist telling a new arrival about the free coffee and snacks available.
Receptionist told us our room was on an upper floor so we would need to use the elevator which we then went to hunt for before the other staff member sitting texting on her phone pointed us in the direction of the elevator. Also we only found out about free Wi-Fi from another guest.
When we tried to get in the room they key card didn't work so had to go all the way back down to get this activated, the floor we went to stank of cigarettes (despite specifying non smoking and the rooms having non smoking signs on them.)
That's enough of my moaning the positives is its a stones throw from an In and Out Burger (very important) and a gas station with basic groceries and snacks. Whatever they pay the lady who does the breakfast in the morning is not enough the breakfast was very nice and well stocked really nice touch was the free breakfast and coffee whenever you wanted it.
The fitness centre is well equipped however no remote for aircon or TV so you have to reach up. The pool is ok.
The hotel is in a good position but the décor is looking a bit tired and worn you also need safety deposit boxes.

Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

We do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to address some items in your response. First and foremost I am sorry your welcome was not receptive, we pride ourselves on our staff and the only way in which we can take corrective action is when we are aware so thank you for bringing your negative experience to our attention as it will be shared with the team. I am pleased you were able to see this is not the norm for our hotel since you had the opportunity to witness another check-in and saw first hand that guest receive a more positive welcome.

I do agree we are due for a rennovation, that being said, I am happy to let you know our hotel will be going under an extensive rennovation both to rooms and public spaces and lobby begining June 2014. We are so very excited we will soon have a brand new beautiful hotel to share with our guests!

Lastly, I have to agree that our Breakfast Attendant Edith is one of our greatest assets. She takes care of our buffet and our guests and we consitantly receive praise about her so I will certainly share your feedback with her!
Again, THANK YOU for your great feedback !! Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had never stayed in Homewood Suites, but we definitely will in the future. We got a really good rate and the room was great. Very roomy, clean, and comfortable. We only stayed one night but this would be a great place to stay on business or extended leisure vacations. They had a full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster and plenty of counter space for preparing food. They also have a nice full size breakfast each morning. The only downside with our room was the air conditioner was very loud when it kicked on and turned off.

Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

P.S. - thanks for letting us know about the Air Conditioner noise, we will send maintenance to the room to ensure it is functioning properly!

Warrington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Would definitely consider for long stays. Spacious, well appointed rooms with a well appointed partial kitchen. Complimentary breakfast was above average; hot eggs, sausage, home fries, cereals, breads & bagels. Staff was eager to please.

West Simsbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here while on business last week in Phoenix. The hotel was right next to the office so the location for me was perfect but otherwise there is not much around here except for a corporate complex and a few restaurants. The service was great and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

P.S. - Next time you are staying with us, our friendly front desk agents will be happy to give you some ideas of great restaurants and things to do in the local area!

Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great value! Large suite, comfortable beds, very clean. Very helpful staff, everyone we encountered were very friendly. Room was quiet, but the icemaker didn't work, the hook in the bathroom was missing,and the remote that was given to us for the second TV (after requesting it at front desk) did not work. However, I didn't let the staff know about these things, so I'm sure if I did, they would have tried to remedy them as quickly as possible.
We were not in the room for a long period of time, and I waited on reporting the non-working ice maker because I thought it would take a long time to work once I activated it. Never did.
Maybe the rooms should be inspected to remedy these problems before it is used?
Delicious fresh breakfast. Would stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Greetings From The Valley Of The Sun!

I noticed on the review you were pleased overall with our hotel and for that we are grateful. We do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your great feedback !! Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us, and our staff will be thrilled! I do see where you encountered issues with your room and do sincerely apologize. Our rooms are inspected by our Room Inspector after our housekeeper has completed cleaning prior to a guests arrival to ensure clenliness and a preventative maintenance is conducted on each room on a regular rotational basis to try and catch any items needing attention and/or repair before the guest checks in but sometimes things are missed. Thank you sincerely for bringing these items to our attention so they can be addressed and corrected.

Samantha Lehrer

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center? Share your experiences!