“Above Average Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Above Average Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

It was my second stay at this location in the past 3 months. I chose this location again because of the service and hospitality. It is almost 12 miles from the airport but it is worth the extra few minutes to get here. When I entered my room there was a hand written Thank You card waiting for me from Management, thanking me for choosing them a second time. It was a nice pleasant surprise. Keep up the good work. I will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My family drives up to Phoenix for the weekends to attend the AZ Dbacks games. I'm not very familiar with the Phoenix area, so we've stayed at numerous Hilton brand hotels. Although they have been nice, this facility has bar far been the BEST! My family is very picky about where we stay, with that being said, we loved everything at this facility and will stay here from now on. The staff at the hotel far exceeded our expectation. We had a minor issue with our room which we mentioned to the front desk agent Jillian, and left to have dinner. Upon our return, the issue was corrected and had fresh cookies in our room for the inconvenience (really not), the kids loved it. The breakfast was cooked nicely, even my picky eater ate it. I highly recommend this facility to anyone wanting a nice place to stay. Thank you Jillian and Shannon for the excellent stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
First, how about those Dbacks lately? I hope you were able to enjoy the game with your family. We appreciate the kind words and I will be sure to high five Shannon and Jillian for their extra efforts. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon. Go Diamondbacks :)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Room was very comfortable, furnished nicely, well-laid-out, and quiet. We had a one-bedroom suite, which was great for us as a family. The baby could sleep behind a closed door in the living room, and the bathroom was on the bedroom side, not the living room side (this is huge). Also, the kitchen was great for preparing bottles and dealing with other baby incidentals. The breakfast in the morning was very good quality with a good variety. We had a great price and I'm so glad I didn't chicken out because of the location (which isn't that great but wound up being a non-issue). Pool was fine but nothing out of the ordinary.

Minuses - housekeeping seemed disorganized. At 3 PM, check-in time, people were waiting around in the lobby for their rooms to be ready, and the front desk was radioing housekeeping finding out when they would be available. Also, we had a shard of broken (wine?) glass on the shelf of our nightstand. I wrote a note for the housekeeper but it was still there when we arrived back that evening. They did clean it up by the third day after another note.

Also, there were several teenaged sports teams staying there, which definitely made the breakfast more crowded and chaotic (and quite a wait for the waffle iron). Not a big deal otherwise because the kids seemed to be sequestered on one floor, but it definitely keep the common areas humming.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
First, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a survey. I promise to address the concerns you brought to our attention with our entire team. We strive to exceed your expectations so we will use this feedback as a learning opportunity and improve. Have a wonderful week and we hope to see you back soon.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had a very comfortable stay! The staff was friendly and helpful. The suite was clean and roomy, with a kichen area that had a full-size refrigerator, a stove, a dishwasher and a microwave. There was a flat-screen TV in the living room area and in the bedroom. I rea,lly liked the sink area outside the bathroom, with the hair dryer, toiletry items and grooming cabinet. I could relax and use my IPAD in the living room area and found the coffee table very useful. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We always have a great experience because of the friendly and professional staff. One shinning star is a young man names James Cooper (front desk). He always makes a point of greeting you with a smile every time he sees you and makes you feel like you are staying with family!!! I cannot say enough about this very professional young man!

Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here recently when in Phoenix for a conference. I found our suite to be decently appointed and I slept well at night, but my wife - who is a light sleeper - was disturbed by the noisy highway traffic. The complimentary food in the early evening as well as the breakfast in the morning was fine, but be prepared for it to be crowded at certain times. My wife likened it to a "feeding trough" atmosphere which was off putting to her. She also felt that our room was furnished for "short" people, because she thought the kitchen table, chairs and other furnishings were unusually low to the ground.

I travel a fair amount and I tend to adjust my expectations based on what I am spending for any given lodging. This place was clean, the staff were welcoming and the service was satisfactory in my view. My wife would probably give the place a "poor" rating at best given what I have mentioned above, but I found the place absolutely fine for a few nights stay.

Room Tip: As for an interior room away from the highway that runs past the west side of the property.
Denver, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice hotel & good experience. Would like it if they had airport shuttle service, even if it was just for scheduled guest. The heating/cooling system is loud when it comes on & off. Not as loud while it's running. Did not like that they don't have specific floors for non-smokers. The smoke was overwhelming the first time I stayed & just a little better the next time. Perhaps the smokers should be placed in the top rooms or outside or charged more for what they subject others to. I would consider staying again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
First, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a review. I apologize for the noise from the ac unit in your suite, and our engineer will look at this immediately. In regards of the smoking feedback, we do have designated suites only on our top floor. If you return please don't hesitate to call us in advance and we will make sure you are located away from the smoking rooms. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.