“very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 175 hotels in Phoenix
Chicago, IL
“very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Room was very comfortable, furnished nicely, well-laid-out, and quiet. We had a one-bedroom suite, which was great for us as a family. The baby could sleep behind a closed door in the living room, and the bathroom was on the bedroom side, not the living room side (this is huge). Also, the kitchen was great for preparing bottles and dealing with other baby incidentals. The breakfast in the morning was very good quality with a good variety. We had a great price and I'm so glad I didn't chicken out because of the location (which isn't that great but wound up being a non-issue). Pool was fine but nothing out of the ordinary.

Minuses - housekeeping seemed disorganized. At 3 PM, check-in time, people were waiting around in the lobby for their rooms to be ready, and the front desk was radioing housekeeping finding out when they would be available. Also, we had a shard of broken (wine?) glass on the shelf of our nightstand. I wrote a note for the housekeeper but it was still there when we arrived back that evening. They did clean it up by the third day after another note.

Also, there were several teenaged sports teams staying there, which definitely made the breakfast more crowded and chaotic (and quite a wait for the waffle iron). Not a big deal otherwise because the kids seemed to be sequestered on one floor, but it definitely keep the common areas humming.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
First, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a survey. I promise to address the concerns you brought to our attention with our entire team. We strive to exceed your expectations so we will use this feedback as a learning opportunity and improve. Have a wonderful week and we hope to see you back soon.

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had a very comfortable stay! The staff was friendly and helpful. The suite was clean and roomy, with a kichen area that had a full-size refrigerator, a stove, a dishwasher and a microwave. There was a flat-screen TV in the living room area and in the bedroom. I rea,lly liked the sink area outside the bathroom, with the hair dryer, toiletry items and grooming cabinet. I could relax and use my IPAD in the living room area and found the coffee table very useful. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We always have a great experience because of the friendly and professional staff. One shinning star is a young man names James Cooper (front desk). He always makes a point of greeting you with a smile every time he sees you and makes you feel like you are staying with family!!! I cannot say enough about this very professional young man!

Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here recently when in Phoenix for a conference. I found our suite to be decently appointed and I slept well at night, but my wife - who is a light sleeper - was disturbed by the noisy highway traffic. The complimentary food in the early evening as well as the breakfast in the morning was fine, but be prepared for it to be crowded at certain times. My wife likened it to a "feeding trough" atmosphere which was off putting to her. She also felt that our room was furnished for "short" people, because she thought the kitchen table, chairs and other furnishings were unusually low to the ground.

I travel a fair amount and I tend to adjust my expectations based on what I am spending for any given lodging. This place was clean, the staff were welcoming and the service was satisfactory in my view. My wife would probably give the place a "poor" rating at best given what I have mentioned above, but I found the place absolutely fine for a few nights stay.

Room Tip: As for an interior room away from the highway that runs past the west side of the property.
Denver, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice hotel & good experience. Would like it if they had airport shuttle service, even if it was just for scheduled guest. The heating/cooling system is loud when it comes on & off. Not as loud while it's running. Did not like that they don't have specific floors for non-smokers. The smoke was overwhelming the first time I stayed & just a little better the next time. Perhaps the smokers should be placed in the top rooms or outside or charged more for what they subject others to. I would consider staying again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
First, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a review. I apologize for the noise from the ac unit in your suite, and our engineer will look at this immediately. In regards of the smoking feedback, we do have designated suites only on our top floor. If you return please don't hesitate to call us in advance and we will make sure you are located away from the smoking rooms. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Although a little bit tough to navigate to from the freeway, we did find this hotel in a convenient location. We chose this property for our two day stay when we were in town for a sporting event. We tend to choose an extended stay property when possible when we travel as we like having a separate living and sleeping area as well as the full kitchen.

Upon checking in we were greeted by friendly staff and the process was smooth. I did ask if we were in a quiet location and was assured that our third floor room would not have noise issues as it was on the side away from the freeway, We needed to be up by 6 each morning to make our game times and the child in our group needed a good restful night. We found it to be true for the most part, except for the pool area below our window. On Friday night there was a lot of yelling and screaming from the pool area. We were approaching bedtime and reviewed the hotel rule sheet concerning pool hours. It stated that the pool closed at 10:00 each evening. Sure enough, promptly at 10 the noise ceased and the rest of the night was uneventful. The beds were comfortable and we rested well.

The breakfast buffet the next morning was delicious and there was a good overall selection from fresh fruit to hash browns and pancakes. The breakfast staff was pleasant and the seating plentiful. There was the option of using good plates and utensils, or take-out plates and plastic utensils. The juices were kept cold and the coffee hot.

We had a good but tiring day and arrived back at the hotel around 8:00 that evening. After consuming the Domino's pizza that we carried out from a location not far away, we settled in for another evening of relaxing. As the 9:00 hour approached the noise started again from the pool area, only louder this time. I gazed down out of our window on about a dozen or so people of varying ages enjoying the pool. It was all good as it was people just enjoying their stay. It did, however become bothersome when the 10:00 came and went, and we needed rest as we has another 6am morning. I can be patient, I assumed that the staff just got busy and would close it down soon. I waited... and waited. It was so loud it was if they were actually standing outside the window yelling. I finally just couldn't get to sleep from the constant noise level compounded by the occasional shrieks one person was letting out down there. I didn't want to be one of those nasty guests and call and scream at the staff, so I came up with a different idea. I phoned the front desk and casually asked them what time the pool would be closing. I heard a gasp and the reply was it would close at 10:30. I glanced at the clock and it was now 10:28. I had recalled from the evening before that I had looked up the hotel pool hours and it was really 10:00, but she apparently had forgotten to close it and decided to lie to me to cover up her error rather than just telling the truth. It did take another 20 minutes or so after that for it to close and the noise to subside.

The next morning was an early one and I decided to shower before the rest of the family woke. Two things I did not want to see in a bathroom came into view that morning. One was a long black hair attached to the ceiling above the shower area. The other was the exhaust vent in the bathroom was very caked with dirt and dust bunnies. GAG!

The rest of the family woke and we proceeded down to breakfast. The elevator opened to a sent my husband immediately liked... the smell of cooking bacon. The joy was short-lived as when he opened the cover to get some, he was disgusted to see it was quite overdone and just a shade away from bring totally burnt. He tried to pick up one piece that shattered into crunchy bits under the force of the serving tongs. So much for that idea.

Upon checking out that morning I was on too much of a hurry to review the issues with the front desk staff and chose to just tell them that they really need to make sure to perform a deep clean on that bathroom.

Pros: Nice property. I felt safe. Good breakfast (except the bacon) and plenty of seating for breakfast. Flat screen TV's in rooms. Comfortable beds. Well-lit parking near doors and elevators. Many pillows. Easy to connect to free wi-fi. Rubber duck for bath time. :)

Cons: Small living room area in room. Lacking in cooking dishes in kitchen area. Dust bunnies. Pool area noise. Burnt bacon. Rust in bathtub. Peeling wallpaper. Worn out furniture.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Homewood suites was very comfortable Hotel to stay at and would not give a second thought to stay here again

This is a hotel that I highly recommend to stay at if you are looking to stay at hotel that feels like a home away from home

I would like to thank all the staff for a comfortable and pleasant stay especially Jillian and Jordan, they were all wonderful and make the stay more pleasant

• Stayed May 2012
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
First, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a review. I appreciate the concerns you brought to our attention. Our team will address these concerns immediately. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center? Share your experiences!