“You have to experience it yourself” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arizona Royal Villa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Arizona Royal Villa Resort
You added Arizona Royal Villa Resort to your Saves list
4312 N 12th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85014 (Encanto)   |
Ranked #43 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Ottawa, Canada
“You have to experience it yourself”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Some of the recent reviews had me hesitate booking a room for it was so negative compare to what I had experience several years ago. I do not regret staying there with my partner on our last day in Phoenix after a week long touring the North part of Arizona. The owner was pleasant, the room decent and the grounds met our expectations. So we think that you'll have to see for yourself!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I've stayed at the Royal Villa several times a year since they first opened their first property and continue to be impressed with the total experience. The owners continue to upgrade the facilities both in the rooms and in the common areas. How they can do it at the prices they charge escapes me. But, the atmosphere is the best part; it's a relaxing place to soak up the sun (literally) with other gay men but without the attitude or bathhouse mentality some (like maybe the previous poster) might be looking for. Central location convenient to gay bars as well as downtown Phoenix theater and sporting events. What's not to like?

Room Tip: I like the north side rooms that get the morning sun.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I was laying back in the pool sitting next to another day pass person. We were not even talking to one another! We had been in conversation but we both we actually dozing off. The owner came over and kicked us both out saying we were about to have sex in his pool. There was absolutely no touching going on....but he yelled and left. The sad part is I had been there a few times. I had never done anything against the rules or inappropriate on those premises. I was absolutely shocked at how we both were treated.

No wonder it is never full as far as the hotel or the pool. I had met several nice people there each and every time I was there for conversation. With rude and uncalled for attitude by the management that I experienced the last time I was there, no wonder it is never busy and surely to be out of business soon!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
HonestO'Pinyon, Owner at Arizona Royal Villa Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Nude sunbathing is allowed at the Arizona Royal Villa. Public sex is not tolerated, in fact it is against the law in Arizona. We explain this to every person when they enter. If we see that people ( day passes) are breaking the law, they are quietly asked to stop and to leave. We do not ask people that are simply relaxing to leave. That would be absurd. Day passes who have been asked to leave once, are always welcome back as long as they abide by the law. If they break the law for a second time, they are not allowed back on the premises. We are policed by plainclothes officers and if we allow people to break the law, we are charged. We have day pass clients who are Officers as well. For anyone truly interested, that's what governs our decisions!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

My partner and I booked the big room - with a living room and bedroom and kitchen. It was spacious and clean. Which are both important. We took full advantage of the kitchen - made some tasty meals - it was well equipped. The room itself while clean, needed an update - the furnishings are a bit dated.

The Pool with waterfall, and the big hot tub, are both great. Plenty of space to lay out and relax and lounge about in the pool area. Bigger pool towels would be nice for the comfy lounge chairs.

Doug was an adequate host but seemed a little parental in the rules, and regulations of the resort. If you are up for following every rule, and not wanting to entertain day use guests then this place is for you.

We'd love to give a stellar review - but to be frank - we we a bit put off buy the over zealous eye of management. It was kind of like we were in High School and were sent to the Principal's office.

In a nut shell. Very Clean Rooms. Dated Rooms. Nice Pool and Hot tub. Central location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
HonestO'Pinyon, Owner at Arizona Royal Villa Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Several hotel guests complained about the loud and drunken behavior poolside the day in question. The manager simply reminded the guests of hotel policies and hoped they would respect them for the safety and comfort of the other guests. The review mentioned this incident served as a memory of being sent to the Principal's office. We would prefer to be remembered as a trip to the Guidance Office instead! It was a lot more fun and educational!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

We stopped for three nights in the Safari suite which was pleasant, clean and situated right by the pool. Doug made us very welcome.
A car is definitely needed especially to get to the various bars and restaurants. I've never drank so little alcohol on holiday with the need to drive! Enjoyed it though and I'd recommend it for a short stop over

• Stayed October 2011
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Lovely pool and sun bathing area. Rooms clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lewiston, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

My third visit to the Royal Villa left me feeling rested, satisfied, and very well taken care of. A great friend and I attended recently and the stay was fantastic. On this visit we toured the different rooms and found them all inviting in their own unique ways and designs. Kenny and Doug have done a remarkable job creating an atmosphere of comfort and style in all the units. The pool and jacuzzi are kept up to a standard i have rarely seen in other resorts. The sparkeling pool is a very inviting 80 degrees and the jacuzzi with powerful jets of water pounding your back gracefully and or coming down from above soothe away any stress the day may offer. Not only is the staff friendly, the other occupants are also cool. We always meet some nice people when we stay and remain friends with them still. The location is also a plus being midtown. Quite frankly this is an oasis where the outside world remains outside, and the inside is my own paradise. Very reasonable pricing, consistent friendliness, marvelous landscaping, perfect pool and jacuzzi makes this place my home in the desert whenever i find the chance to visit Phoenix. My thanks to Doug and Kenny for their hospitality. I hope to return soon.

Room Tip: exceptionally clean rooms and grounds make for a great stay
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Arizona Royal Villa Resort? Share your experiences!