“Bang for your buck.” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #37 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Bang for your buck.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I would definitely stay here again. I felt safe and comfortable during my stay and didn't have to break the bank. Breakfast was fantastic, and the beds were like marshmallow pillows of warmth. It is conveniently located and the amenities were nice to have. I appreciated the free WiFi!

• Stayed January 2013
Leslee K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review on Trip Advisor for our hotel. We value your opinion. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We are in the process of updating our hotel and services. We look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Express Phoenix/Chandler. Please do not hesitate to contact us for future reservations or if we may help in any other way!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night after returning from a bachelorette party in Vegas. My exhausted body enjoyed the quick check-in and soft beds. The location was good for jetting off to different nail appointments since it's right off the highway. Breakfast was excellent and free (I had my favorite of biscuits and sausage gravy). My only complaint is the fitness room which was a little small and lacked the space, mats, etc to do my ab routine. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Manitou Springs CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were upgraded to a suite with one bed and a pullout couch when we made the reservation. We wanted to be on the quiet side as the other side faces the highway. When we arrived we didn't think the pullout couch would work so we requested a room with two beds. We were told that all the two bed rooms faced the highway. We moved to a two bed room that faced the highway and it was very noisy. I couldn't sleep due to the noise. We had intended to stay five nights but checked out after one night. The person at the front desk could not run a different credit card than the one we used when we checked in. We had just used that credit card so I know it worked. The front desk person that morning was not very helpful at all. Moved to the LaQuinta next door got a quiet room stayed that for the remaining four nights. Don't stay here if you need two beds because you will be on the noisy side. The only reason I didn't rate this as terrible was because the front desk clerk the night we checked in tried to accommodate us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Leslee K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix, responded to this review, December 21, 2012

I have reviewed your comments and shared them with the entire management staff and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Express Phoenix/Chandler.

Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my first time staying at this property and I thought it was a good value for what I needed for this short stay. I booked through Hotwire so it was a lot less costly than HI website would say this property books for.
Location- it is right on I-10 and Chandler Blvd so the location is nice!! Only a couple minutes down I-10 from Ikea all that shopping. Also, if you like BBQ, it is only less than a mile down Chandler Blvd from a place called Rudy's BBQ. If you haven't been, or haven't heard of it, you NEED to go!!!! It is an experience to try I can tell you that !!!!
Hotel- the hotel is nice and well maintained I thought. Its clean and the room was nice and clean. Nicer flat screen tv. Nothing special but clean. Also, in the morning they have a continental/hot breakfast available for no charge as well. I liked that!! They have muffins and juice like a continental, but also have scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, and biscuits and gravy. I enjoyed the convenience of that for sure!!
The pool is nice, but a little small. We were there in Dec. so didn't swim but it looked inviting and has a nice little water feature on it, as well as hot tub to enjoy. That pool and patio area was nice and looked clean!!
There is isn't a restaurant on site but is within walking distance of Cracker Barrel and a Circle K as well.
Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel and had no complaints at all!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Arivaca, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

A well-run Holiday Inn Express, with well appointed rooms, very comfortable bedding, excellent free breakfast, and a tiny swimming pool. On the I-10 freeway, so rooms on the freeway side do get some traffic noise.

Room Tip: This hotel is right alongside the west side of the Interstate 10 freeway. Soundproofing between the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Leslee K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We traveled to Phoenix for a soccer tournament and stayed at this property and booked a three night stay. The staff of this hotel were amazing on so many levels. First, we drove to Phoenix from Denver so we could visit family in Santa Fe. We were delayed in Santa Fe and arrived in Phoenix at 3 am on Friday morning. When we received our bill Sunday morning they had only charged us for two nights. I went to the front desk to let them know we were "under-charged" and discovered that because we had arrived so late they just put us down as a "very" early check-in. Second, my son was injured during the tournament and we needed to make an ice bag which they were extrememly accomodating. Thirdly, the breakfast was great and the person that runs their breakfast was very accomodating of a team with 15 twelve-year-old boys.

I have a client in Chandler and any time I need to visit I will stay at this property! Huge kudos to the staff of this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Whidbey Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I spent one night here on business when our intended hotel was full for the night. We arrived late and were quickly checked in. We drove a short distance back to a Cracker Barrel restaurant nearby for dinner as only breakfast is served in the hotel. The room was large, clean and nicely appointed. My only complaint was the heater/AC unit mounted below the window. It evidently had not been used in heat mode for some time so when turned on caused the room to smell of burnt dust. That cleared out after a bit but the unit was loud enough that I finally just shut it off so I could sleep. Please understand that it was not any louder than others I have experienced - I just find them annoying in general. Fortunately, Phoenix in November is not too warm or too cold so that worked fine. I was on the freeway side of the building so I could hear some vehicle noise as a result, but it was not bad and did not affect my sleep. The continental breakfast in the morning was nice. All in all, recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the freeway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix? Share your experiences!