“Great location and great value!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 175 hotels in Phoenix
Prescott, Arizona
“Great location and great value!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my first time staying at this property and I thought it was a good value for what I needed for this short stay. I booked through Hotwire so it was a lot less costly than HI website would say this property books for.
Location- it is right on I-10 and Chandler Blvd so the location is nice!! Only a couple minutes down I-10 from Ikea all that shopping. Also, if you like BBQ, it is only less than a mile down Chandler Blvd from a place called Rudy's BBQ. If you haven't been, or haven't heard of it, you NEED to go!!!! It is an experience to try I can tell you that !!!!
Hotel- the hotel is nice and well maintained I thought. Its clean and the room was nice and clean. Nicer flat screen tv. Nothing special but clean. Also, in the morning they have a continental/hot breakfast available for no charge as well. I liked that!! They have muffins and juice like a continental, but also have scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, and biscuits and gravy. I enjoyed the convenience of that for sure!!
The pool is nice, but a little small. We were there in Dec. so didn't swim but it looked inviting and has a nice little water feature on it, as well as hot tub to enjoy. That pool and patio area was nice and looked clean!!
There is isn't a restaurant on site but is within walking distance of Cracker Barrel and a Circle K as well.
Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel and had no complaints at all!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Leslee K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for posting a review on Trip Advisor for our hotel. We value your opinion. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We are in the process of updating our hotel and services. We look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Express Phoenix/Chandler. Please do not hesitate to contact us for future reservations or if we may help in any other way!

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Arivaca, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

A well-run Holiday Inn Express, with well appointed rooms, very comfortable bedding, excellent free breakfast, and a tiny swimming pool. On the I-10 freeway, so rooms on the freeway side do get some traffic noise.

Room Tip: This hotel is right alongside the west side of the Interstate 10 freeway. Soundproofing between the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Leslee K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We traveled to Phoenix for a soccer tournament and stayed at this property and booked a three night stay. The staff of this hotel were amazing on so many levels. First, we drove to Phoenix from Denver so we could visit family in Santa Fe. We were delayed in Santa Fe and arrived in Phoenix at 3 am on Friday morning. When we received our bill Sunday morning they had only charged us for two nights. I went to the front desk to let them know we were "under-charged" and discovered that because we had arrived so late they just put us down as a "very" early check-in. Second, my son was injured during the tournament and we needed to make an ice bag which they were extrememly accomodating. Thirdly, the breakfast was great and the person that runs their breakfast was very accomodating of a team with 15 twelve-year-old boys.

I have a client in Chandler and any time I need to visit I will stay at this property! Huge kudos to the staff of this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Whidbey Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I spent one night here on business when our intended hotel was full for the night. We arrived late and were quickly checked in. We drove a short distance back to a Cracker Barrel restaurant nearby for dinner as only breakfast is served in the hotel. The room was large, clean and nicely appointed. My only complaint was the heater/AC unit mounted below the window. It evidently had not been used in heat mode for some time so when turned on caused the room to smell of burnt dust. That cleared out after a bit but the unit was loud enough that I finally just shut it off so I could sleep. Please understand that it was not any louder than others I have experienced - I just find them annoying in general. Fortunately, Phoenix in November is not too warm or too cold so that worked fine. I was on the freeway side of the building so I could hear some vehicle noise as a result, but it was not bad and did not affect my sleep. The continental breakfast in the morning was nice. All in all, recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the freeway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stay at this hotel every time I am in town and enjoy my stay immensely. The staff is very accommodating and attentive to my every request. The facility is well kept up and the fantastic location is just icing on the cake!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Leslee K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great hotel & service. Very friendly staff.
The hotel is in great location close to restaurants and shopping centers.
The breakfast is nicely organized and includes a very reach variety.
There is hot coffee 24 hours with fresh cookies in the afternoon a few times a week.
The business center includes all that is needed and is very quiet.
The pool is clean and is located in a quiet area.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet AC in the room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have been on a coast to coast to coast roadtrip and are on the long stretch back to North Carolina. This hotel is lovely. We have many to compare it to and it stands up well among the best. The room is large and well appointed and quiet. The breakfast room looks great and we know there will be no surprises with the breakfast. I figure if I wanted to complain about the breakfast food, I should just be quiet and go somewhere else to eat. Its free and filling - enough said. Although those cinnamon buns are pretty amazing.
I recommend anyone who stays with Holiday Inn join their Priority Club and start earning points. At this hotel we had a handwritten note from the GM along with our basket of goodies. Nice touch.
Also there is a Cracker Barrel within walking distance for meals AND nice touch that the sidewalks are all wheelchair accessible. Not necessary for us but we notice such things.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Leslee K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix, responded to this review, November 1, 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix? Share your experiences!