“One word only ... Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   17222 N. Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85053   |
Ranked #82 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Saint Johns, Arizona
“One word only ... Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We came to phoenix for my wife's surgery. This hotel will see us anytime we come back. Staff is top of the line. Room was extremely clean. Any questions we had were immediately answered and even the gm Nathan came to me within 45 seconds after I requested to speak with him. I was going to list the staff who were here the night we checked in for their excellence but decided I would have to list the entire staff. The prices are sooo reasonable. Its sorta unbelievable the value you receive here. Even our service dog was treated like a king. Great place Nathan. Keep up the high standards.

• Stayed July 2014
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to post a review, it was a pleasure having you stay with us, including your service dog. We are always happy to allow one well behaved pet per room at no additional charge. Thank you also for your kind words about my staff, I agree with you that we have a great team! We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area. Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was stranded in Phoenix due to car trouble. I was warned to not stay at the Motel 6, due to questionable, if not illegal activity. The staff at this Red Roof Inn was very friendly. Unfortunately, I did get the impression that a significant number of the guests are doing something illegal - likely drugs and prostitution. There was security, which made me more attuned to wondering what was going on. The internet had not been working for days and it seemed like it would not be fixed any time soon.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking your time to post a review. Thank you for complementing our great staff. We do have security at night to prevent the very issues you mentioned in your review. Between security and being an indoor corridor property we are able to avoid most of the issues that other hotels experience in the area. Great news! Our high speed internet upgrade has been completed, I hope you stay with us again so you can test out for yourself how fast it is! Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This hotel should be 3 star not 2. The hotel is very nice, clean, and the customer service is excellent. The manager is always at the front desk making sure all guests get the best service possible and the rest of the staff is great as well. Location is perfect as the highway is super close and there is restraunts within walking distance. I frequent this area for business and pleasure, by far this is the safest, cleanest, and best value in this area period.

• Stayed July 2014
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to post a review. I appreciate your comments regarding the staff and the property. We strive to make every guests experience a positive one by providing clean rooms, great customer care, at a value price. Thank you again for your time and for staying with Red Roof Inns! Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com.
Prescott, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This review is my OPINION.
This hotel conducts itself in a way that I consider highly unethical. When I checked in, I was not informed that there was a room safe fee. The bill I signed when I checked in didn't list it. It only had the price of the room, and the taxes.

I found out about it only because I read it on top of the safe in the room. At checkout I asked the clerk about it, and he told me it is $1.62, including tax. (There is your Instant Savings.) I requested to have the fee removed from my bill.

This (I would think, in my opinion), must be pure profit for them. I consider it Reason 1 to avoid this place.

Reason 2 to avoid this place: They do not have WiFi, they have ByeFi. My old dial-up was faster than their byefi. Maybe I should have upgraded to the next room level. At least then i would have had coffee to drown my sorrows while I was waiting for webpages to load.

They did have coffee in the lobby, but it was lukewarm. The second time I went back, it was empty.

The beds were clean, spartan, and had a flat-screen TV.

YMMV.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to post a review. The $1.62 is not a charge for the in room safe usage, it is for a warranty in case you choose to use the safe. The charge for this warranty is not hidden as every guest initials for it on the registration card at check in. If there are any questions at check in or at check out about the warranty we are happy to explain this to our guests and we do not charge this warranty fee if the guest does not use the safe.

We are in the process of upgrading our Wi-Fi. We have already installed the new antennas and equipment, and are currently waiting for the circuit upgrade. Our new Wi-Fi will be high speed.

Thank you for sharing your concerns and we hope that you will give us a chance in the future to serve you again. Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com
New World
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I based my reservation based upon previous stays at Red Roof. I even skipped some less expensive hotels because of previous stays.

The good: There is a flat screen TV in a non-smoking hotel.

The bad: My dial-up is faster than this place. Maybe I should have upgraded to the Superior King Room. Then at least I'd get coffee in my room. The coffee in the lobby is lukewarm at best.

The room itself is basic.

If you need to access the Internet, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking your time to post a review.

We strive to keep hot fresh coffee in the lobby, and if this is not the case we are always happy to brew a fresh pot 24/7. Our Superior King and Double Deluxe rooms do have in room coffee, irons, hair dryers, and a micro fridge, the upgraded rooms with these amenities are only $8.00 more per night.

Glendale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed here for a week in late April with my family. Was charged an extra $5 per person. No breakfast was offered, only hot water/coffee. VERY poor wifi. Maids were extremely nice and efficient. There were smokers in room two doors down from us and we mentioned it to the front desk staff and they did nothing about it, even the maids noticed it. So we had to endure smoke smell all the time, even though its a non smoking hotel. Front desk staff were too busy outside taking smoke brakes then to pay attention to guests. Room was clean but nothing special compared to other Red Roofs we've stayed at. The coin laundry was inoperable and the staff told us to go to a local laundromat. We never received the free bottle of water per day without having to go down stairs to the front desk and show our Redi Card. The pool was clean, however, had lots of dead bees and bugs in the bottom of the pool.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room with great wifi signal.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking you time to post a review on the property. I am Sorry that your stay was not exceptional. Our property is 100% smoke free and we do take this issue very seriously, unfortunately some guests choose to ignore this policy. When we do come across a guest that is smoking in the room, they are immediately removed from the property. We are also in the process of upgrading our TV line up and switching to high speed Wi-Fi VS the Wi-Fi we currently have. Unfortunately this has affected the current laundry service that we have which is wireless. We hope to have everything up and running in the next month or so. I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Our stay was during the March spring training. The hotel was full/sold out, despite being busy we were extremely pleased with the service. The manager was friendly, front desk staff very helpful, housekeeping did a great job and breakfast staff kept up with the demand. Room was very clean, loved the smoke free building. Defiantly will return. Room tip, west side of building might be quieter, interstate is on east side. We were put on third floor due to pet allergies. Thanks for a great weeks stay.

Stayed March 2014
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review of the property. I have shared your review with my staff, thank you for mentioning them! We strive to provide the best guest service and experience possible including clean rooms at a value price. We look forward to seeing you for spring training again next year or sooner! Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road? Share your experiences!