“Not the greatest” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Not the greatest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed here for a week in late April with my family. Was charged an extra $5 per person. No breakfast was offered, only hot water/coffee. VERY poor wifi. Maids were extremely nice and efficient. There were smokers in room two doors down from us and we mentioned it to the front desk staff and they did nothing about it, even the maids noticed it. So we had to endure smoke smell all the time, even though its a non smoking hotel. Front desk staff were too busy outside taking smoke brakes then to pay attention to guests. Room was clean but nothing special compared to other Red Roofs we've stayed at. The coin laundry was inoperable and the staff told us to go to a local laundromat. We never received the free bottle of water per day without having to go down stairs to the front desk and show our Redi Card. The pool was clean, however, had lots of dead bees and bugs in the bottom of the pool.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room with great wifi signal.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking you time to post a review on the property. I am Sorry that your stay was not exceptional. Our property is 100% smoke free and we do take this issue very seriously, unfortunately some guests choose to ignore this policy. When we do come across a guest that is smoking in the room, they are immediately removed from the property. We are also in the process of upgrading our TV line up and switching to high speed Wi-Fi VS the Wi-Fi we currently have. Unfortunately this has affected the current laundry service that we have which is wireless. We hope to have everything up and running in the next month or so. I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Our stay was during the March spring training. The hotel was full/sold out, despite being busy we were extremely pleased with the service. The manager was friendly, front desk staff very helpful, housekeeping did a great job and breakfast staff kept up with the demand. Room was very clean, loved the smoke free building. Defiantly will return. Room tip, west side of building might be quieter, interstate is on east side. We were put on third floor due to pet allergies. Thanks for a great weeks stay.

Stayed March 2014
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review of the property. I have shared your review with my staff, thank you for mentioning them! We strive to provide the best guest service and experience possible including clean rooms at a value price. We look forward to seeing you for spring training again next year or sooner! Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Here for quick business trip, so perfect location right off highway. Close to plenty of restaurants. GM Nathan was excellent! He went above and beyond to accommodate us. Clean rooms, nice staff, good value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review. My staff and I take pride in providing an above and beyond experience for all of our guests including clean rooms at a value rate. Thank you for staying with Red Roof Inns and we look forward to seeing you next time you require lodging. Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com.
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The staff, including the manager go well out of their way to help. I left a briefcase at the front desk in a hurry to get a group packed and into the bus. From the next city, 3 hours drive away, i called and talked to Nathan, the Manager. He offered to take it to the closest UPS outlet, package it and have it sent to me. He refused any sort of tip whatsoever for this and arranged to use the same credit card I had on file for the room. Next day in Lake Havasu i recieved the briefcase with most of our tour details. The price of the rooms was very good, the rooms nice and very clean, the pool great and close (2 min walk), to good breakfast, lunch and dinner restraunts. I slept like a baby, I have a bad back and these were fantastic beds for me. Only small issue anyone in our group had was that the back stairs (there is a nice elevator), smelled like an overuse of cleaning products.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on the property. I was glad that we were able to get your personal belongings back to you in a timely fashion, (thank you for the offer of a tip!). My staff and I pride ourselves in going the extra mile to make ours guests stay memorable and comfortable. I am glad that our new Serta bedding package allowed you a good nights rest and happy that your group was able to enjoy our heated outdoor pool. Your group was awesome and we hope to see you at the property again next time you are in the Phoenix area. Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com.
Sequim, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Filthy carpets in rooms. Dripping faucets. Stained bedspreads. Lots of hallway noise. Lots of trash strewn around the parking lot. And then there were the people having sex in the elevator and hallways. Really? And no help from the front desk. Icky.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for posting a review and I am very sorry that your stay was not up to Red Roof Inns high standards. I have shared your review with my staff in hopes that every guest that stays with us receives the highest standards of a clean, quiet stay, at a value price. In addition, I would like to mention that the guests you referred to were immediately escorted off the property once the issue was reported to us. Once again I am sorry that your stay was not up to our high standards and hope that you will give us another chance in the future to serve you better. Nathan, GM i250@redroof.com.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I'd like to share my thoughts on the outstanding staff that I've worked with during my stay here at Property 250, Red Roof Inn, Phoenix,AZ.
The hotel itself was satisfactory, but the outstanding service rendered by Nathan and his team, is the true difference maker, when it comes to satisfaction. It's their efforts that raised a 2 Star score to a 5 Star score.
Jeff & Ben are awesome on nights, while Megan & Tessi rock the evenings !
There is one huge dis-satisfier but the staff has NO control over it. The WiFi here has to be fixed. It's the primary reason, I'm moving to another facility until I find a permanent living space.
But kudos to the whole team here, they made my stay comfortable and memorable, ensuring I'll use my Redicard & stay at another Red Roof Inn in the future.
Thanks guys !
Cooper

Room Tip: Stay on ground level
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to write a review about the hotel. Thank you also for taking the time to mention my awesome staff, I have shared your review with them and they are always excited when they are mentioned in a positive review! I am very sorry that the Wi-Fi did not meet your needs. We are in the process of upgrading to high speed, which should be completed in the very near future. Thank you for staying with us and for being a Redi Card member. Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com
Pocatello, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Wow! Clean, cozy, and a great staff! Slept like a baby in a very comfortable bed. Nice area to take our fur kid out to potty. This will be my go to hotel when I come to Phoenix! Thank you again for the nice smiles and fresh coffee in the morning, too!

• Stayed February 2014
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I appreciate you taking your time to post a review on the hotel. It is our goal to provide a clean comfortable get away that is pet friendly at no additional cost. We are also happy to provide free coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day, and in room coffee in our upgraded Superior King and Double Deluxe rooms. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return! Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road? Share your experiences!