“Staff and Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
Portland, Oregon
“Staff and Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

The staff was very helpful with my accomodations. They helped with getting me info that i needed. Breakfast was awesome! The rooms were comfortable, and large, my bed was very nice. WIll be coming back to stay here!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Southern States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I arrived after a late flight, finding the place looking abandoned. The front desk clerk was friendly, but unfortunately, could not recommend a restaurant(none nearby), or even fast food. A convenience store across the strret was in the middle of a robbery when I arrived. This is not an area for the squemish. The hallways were papered and taped, in the middleof a reno. I got an old room. Antquated TV, remote did not work, debris in tub, no internet, no business center, not for business travel. Front desk clerk was still polite after being informed I would b leaving 6 days early, as I could not stay there and work. This place may be okay after construction, but for now,stay away

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Erie, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We had a reservation using points in a suite for the first 4 days of our stay. When we checked in we were told there was a $3.50/night charge. I was so tired I didn't question it. I thought it was because we were using points. When I went to the front desk to check out of our points reservation and check into our reservation for the other 5 days of our stay ( at $89/night), I was again told the fee applied. I asked what it was. I was told a tax. I said, "It's not a tax. Taxes are percentages. What is this really?" The clerk said, "I don't know. I'm just told to charge it." I told her that was bait and switch because they quoted one rate on the internet and then added $3.50 upon arrival. Once you arrive it's generally past their cancel policy so you're stuck. I went back to my room and then called back to the desk. I asked what their early check-out policy was. She said they had none. When she realized we were going to leave, she checked with a manager and they waived the fee.

Now about the stay. The heater didn't work properly. There were only about 5 channels on the TV. The free breakfast was sparse. I ended up buying a box of cereal and some yogurt to eat every morning. The hot tub was ice cold. One morning we went to our truck and the car next to us had it's window smashed and some of their belongings were thrown on the ground. We found ourselves searching for things to do so we wouldn't have to go back to the hotel because we didn't want to be there. Basically, the owners are cutting every conceivable thing they can thinking they're saving money. However, we did end up checking out early. They lost that revenue. When we went back to Phoenix 2 more times, we did not stay there. We will be going back to Phoenix in about 2 weeks. We won't stay there. Their "savings" have cost them a lot.
I wrote to the corporate office to let them know that this hotel does not meet their standards. I was told the hotel would contact me. I've heard nothing. No surprise.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Our stay ended up being a nightmare. Our 2001 F250 Ford Pickup Truck was stolen right off their parking lot at 8:00 p.m. in the evening. The first question out of my mouth before checking in was "have you had any problems with theft" because we were hauling two motorcyles. The clerk told us they have had "NO PROBLEMS WITH THEFT". Well not only was our truck stolen that evening, so was another F250 Ford Truck stolen (I have police reports to prove it). Also, since July of 2010, there has been a total of 7 trucks stolen from this lot and a host of vehicles broken into. There are no cameras in the parking lot anywhere and all Management could do was tell us how sorry they were that this incident had happen.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

Internet is not workable, so slow you cannot use it for much. As a business traveler it was unusable to me. Office staff is non caring, breakfast was perfunctory. Not a good place, was scheduled to stay here 3 weeks, changing to a Marriott Courtyard near by. Don't stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Although I made my rerservation for 1 night, upon arri98val I was told that I was a no-show for the previous night and my booking was cancelled. After waiting 40 minutes, I finally got a room. When accessing the room through an outside stairwell we were met with a fould odor in the stairwell and large amounts of filth, gigarette butts and an ororour overflowing trash container.

While our room was adequate, the bathroom tub was filthy, rist-stained and much of the porcelain was chipped and missing.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Canon City, Co
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I am not one to be picky but this hotel was THE WORST! I specifically looked for a Comfort Inn on this trip - because normally they are fine - but this one was horrible!
There was MOLD in the shower, the room was dirty, and the breakfast was a joke!! Woudl NOT recommend this hotel to ANYONE!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Phoenix? Share your experiences!