“Average hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic to your Saves list
Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5665 E Mayo Boulevard, Phoenix, AZ 85054 (Desert Ridge)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Riverside, California
“Average hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

It is an average hotel. The hotel is new and comfortable. Due to the vicinity of Mayo Clinic, this hotel is popular among the clinic's patients and their relatives. So the hotel has a somewhat somber atmosphere. Not a typical hotel that I am accustomed to on a business trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for easy access to Mayo's specialty clinic. Although it was exceedingly hot outside day and night, our suite stayed cool and comfortable. The room was impeccably clean and had everything we needed, including a kitchen outfitted with full size fridge, diswasher, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, dishes and pots and pans. The shuttle service to the hospital/clinic and nearby restaurants saved us a hot walk or drive. Each night I cooled off and relaxed in the salt water pool before sleeping well in the pillow top bed. The buffet breakfast included hot items that I could eat on a gluten free diet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were pet friendly, but the $100 pet fee was steep. It helped that the summer rate was reasonable. If the pet fee was lower, I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Liz V, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review to let others know how much you enjoyed your visit to the desert. We are proud of our team’s efforts to keep each suite very clean and neat for our guests. We agree that the comfortable beds are a welcome part of the room! Thankfully our breakfast buffet allowed you to maintain your diet and you were impressed with the friendly staff throughout the hotel. As a brand, Residence Inns do accept pets and charge a cleaning fee to allow pets to accompany traveling families. While the fee may seem high, it is to ensure we strip and professionally clean the room upon departure so the next guest will find you evidence that a pet was there! Since others with pet allergies may be the next guest, we feel this process keeps everyone safe and happy. While it is hot in the desert during the summer, that does allow guests to enjoy a beautiful part of the country with reduced rates to make it an exceptional deal. We are pleased to offer shuttle service to nearby venues to give guests the freedom to get around the neighborhood without the need for a car. We hope you do visit us again!
hove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just back from 2 weeks stay at the residence inn Phoenix.
I was very kindly upgraded to a one bedroom room that was separate from the lounge/kitchenette
As per previous comments the room size and condition was a stark contrast to when entering the rather drab reception area.
The bed was very comfortable with plenty of storage. The separate bathroom had a shower in the bath that worked well unlike other hotels I have stayed in. The kitchenette was a bonus with coffee making machine, toaster and large fridge/freezer
There was a laundery room nearby which was very usefully when staying for longer periods. Cost of wash and dryer was 4 bucks.
The room cost was very good value and included all you can eat breakfast which although was basic was still well received.
All the guys in reception were very helpfull as you would expect from the Marriott chain.
There were plenty of great resturants in Mayo road itself or down the road in the desert ridge market place.
The only one negative thing in my mind was the poor Internet connection. Although free it was only really good whilst in the lounge. When you were in the bathroom or bedroom the conection would sometimes get lost which was rather frustrating at times. Also as it was a non secure connection I could not get into my companies network to check emails etc.
Generally though I was very impression by the room especially and will definitely return there next year and it was only a 3 mins drive to my companies head quarters.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Liz V, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to review our hotel! We are pleased to be the choice of many business travelers in addition to guest here for a vacation to the desert. Our neighborhood has so much to offer and we do provide complimentary shuttle to and from the nearby places. I do apologize for the poor connection to Wifi as I know how important connection is for our business travelers. Just to let you know we are completing an audit of the guest rooms to ensure this is not an ongoing issue. Thank you for letting us know you were unable to utilize the internet and please ask to speak with me on your next visit so we can insure your next stay is flawless!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

this property is in the Mayo Clinic compound and is clearly used by family and patients because of its convenience regardless of price. your first impression will not be your best, the lobby is institutional, as in low end company cafeteria and the wheelchairs parked inside the doors don't help the ambiance. the lobby serves as cafe in the morning for breakfast, but Marriott knows how to design better than this. now for the great surprise, the rooms are newly refurbished. modern, comfortable verging on luxurious. a wall of leather headboard is attractive and incredibly clean, fresh white bed linens that are ALL washed with every change give this room a very upscale appearance. kitchenette is well done, desk is perfect with lots of plugs, sitting area comfortable and small breakfast table perfect. at this price this is real value, Marriott once again knows how to operate at every price level.

Room Tip: i think they're all about the same
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Liz V, Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We appreciate your taking the time to note your perception of our hotel for other travelers. Our location is perfect for many types of travelers including Mayo Clinic guests. Our location is also perfect for guests here to see the beautiful sights in the Valley of the Sun! We know that our close proximity to freeways, shopping and dining is a perfect reason for staying with us. Our team will be pleased to learn you found the suites incredibly clean as they pride themselves on keeping the hotel spotless. As the General Manager, I will certainly pass along your comments on the lobby design as the design team is constantly looking at the next version of each of the Marriott brands. Please visit us again on another trip to Phoenix or Scottsdale.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband was unexpectedly admitted to Mayo Clinic. We live 1 1/2 hours away. I did not want to drive home late in the evening to only turn around and come right back very early in the AM. This hotel is just outside Mayo's parking lot. Although, I had no reservation. My request for a room was met and exceeded by the front desk. I was given a lovely, well appointed suite on the top floor as requested. The suites are nicer than those I've stayed in before at Residence Inns. Additionally, they provide shuttle service to Mayo for guests without cars. Breakfast was my only disappointment. The eggs were hard and cold and the oatmeal was lukewarm. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: 6th floor, as far from the elevator as possible. Corner suite had two great views of the desert and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Liz V, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
My regards to your husband and best wishes for a positive outcome. Thankfully we could provide you with a suite that exceeded your expectations and reduced your need to commute each day. With our location in the Sonoran Desert, we have many suites with breathtaking views of the desert for our guests to enjoy and appreciate. My sincere apologies for the disappointing breakfast you had as that is not the experience we want for our guests. As a team we have reviewed quality control for the buffet and have made plans to correct any unappealing meals for our guests. Please note that any time you experience poor quality at any Marriott, please let someone know immediately. Our culture is to provide you will an exemplary experience. One of the team would have gotten you delicious and hot foods for your breakfast. Please give us another opportunity in the future to show you how great the buffet can be! Thanks for letting others know of your experience and giving us an opportunity to make changes.
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We have been utilizing the Residence Inn Phoenix, Desert View while our office is being prepared. The facilities and staff have been excellant and supportive of our every need.
Although I have used other Residence Inns across the country. I have been very impressed with this particular location.

Great Facility, Great Staff.
Mario Caridi
General Dynamics

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Liz V, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you sincerely for your review of our hotel. A big part of our Marriott culture stems from a commitment to providing excellent service. We are pleased you and your team felt that during your stay. Our hotel is in a great location with many shops and dining options nearby plus we have the beautiful desert views for our guests to enjoy.
Melbourne Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

But I was in Phoenix for work, and the Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View is right across the street from where I was working. I didn't have high expectations, but I absolutely loved my stay at this Residence Inn. The front desk staff were all very helpful, warm and friendly. The rooms are very well appointed. The free breakfast bar is quite good, well stocked and good quality. There are regular social nights in the foyer, with a great vibe and good food. The bed was comfortable, and it is a fairly quiet hotel even when staying during spring training. I've since stayed two more times, both when in Phoenix for work. The housekeeping can be a bit patchy, but that would be my only real complaint. I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nothing pleases us more than to learn you liked the hotel so well on your first visit and returned a couple more times. Repeat business is what we strive for and we look forward to seeing you on a future trip! We are proud to be a part of the Marriott family of hotels and proud of our Residence Inn culture. Our guests enjoy the complimentary meals in our comfortable gatehouse or on the patio overlooking the sonorant desert. The team will be pleased to know that you were impressed with their warm and friendly service as that is the core of our business. Your comments on the housekeeping will be discussed with our team to determine how to improve that part of our service to our guests. Thank you for your review.

Been to Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic? Share your experiences!