“Beautiful Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Beautiful Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was here for a conference. The service was impeccable and the grounds were beautiful. I stayed in one of the cottages, which were conveniently located to the main lawn, the conference center, and all of the restaurants and bar. The room was very comfortable, except that I could easily hear the phone ringing in the room next door. Another downside is the ridiculously high price of bottled water at the hotel. They offer 2 complimentary bottles for the entire stay, but given the price of the hotel and the Phoenix heat, I would expect water to be free. Fortunately, the conference provided constant bottled water. Same thing for wi-fi. I've stayed at cheaper hotels where wi-fi was complimentary, but not here. Again, the conference provided this for us. I enjoyed spending time in the bar area, with comfy leather chairs and conversation areas for networking. The catering was delicious. My only regret is not bringing my family on this trip, as my husband would have loved the putting green right outside our room and the kids could have enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Beautiful property. Bathroom was SMALL. Wonderful lawns and pools. Professional staff making the resort feel personal. Expect to pay top resort prices for food, amenities and entertainment. Lots of young and beautiful people creating a true resort feel. Very playable golf course. This was a Staycation with the 4 year old twins in the second day and a good time.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Its a beautiful property. The central lawn around which you sit and have drinks and dinner is amazing. Very courteous staff. Rooms are big and spacious. Nice Golf course. Good restaurants. Overall a good place for conferences and leisure holidays

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I came here with a couple of girlfriends for a bachelorette weekend. We rented a car from the airport and drove ourself. It was difficult to find the front lobby using our GPS and we ended up in the back of the hotel so we were pretty skeptical about this hotel. When we finally found the front and went inside, the hotel was great! The grounds were well kept and beautiful. Parking is free and they valet our car one time for free. Our room was clean and beautiful! It wasn't a large room but it was nice. We ordered room service once for breakfast and it was really expensive! Who knew toast and tea could cost so much?? We stopped at Frank and Alberts for a light lunch, and we were not impressed. The food, or at least what we ordered was not so great. I got the taco with mole beef, and my friends ordered the chili with cornbread and nachos. The next day we went to our massages. This was the worst part of my stay here. The massage was great! The problem was that my friend had signed scheduled all our apts. I had wanted the 50 minute massage and once my massage was over they said it was 80 minutes and charged me $80 more than I was expecting to pay!! They said they had confirmed it with us the day before but they only confirmed the name of the massage, not the actual length! I was so annoyed because I didn't even want the massage in the first place because it was overpriced, but I did it because my friends were all getting one (ha!) So finding out I had to pay $80 more boiled my blood! They said that they couldn't do anything about it since I already received the massage. So make sure you confirm the length of your massage! Other than that, everything else was great. Staff was friendly. Anytime we needed anything they were quick to respond and come to our room. At night they have the firepits going and you can sit out in the evening and hang out, but we did not have time to enjoy that. Maybe next time. I wouldn't mind staying here again!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The grounds are pretty, the bed is soft and the shower was nice, and the staff at Frank & Albert's are very kind but that still did not add up to being worth $470 a night (after taxes and resort fees.) The reasons it was not worth the money was because the room had a toilet that could not be fixed and ran every 30- 40 minutes all day and all night. Another amenity, a safe/lockbox, that one could even receive at a Motel Six, the hotel could not provide! The staff did nothing to remedy either of these- I pushed with the lockbox situation as my husband is in law enforcement but did not push with the toilet because one gentleman did try to fix it (but he explained parts of the toilets had been discontinued since they were dated from the 1950's.) I expected more assistance with my issues then what I received. Another issue was the Illy Café girl was quite rude and could not assist me with a half-caff iced beverage which I find odd because I have never had this issue at any coffee shop. I think the Biltmore had it's hayday and now it is over. For the price you could stay elsewhere and probably be given all the amenities you would hope for. It's the little things I look for that I have received at other five-star or five-diamond properties that we did not receive here. It was definitely not personalized service.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

La Quinta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Robert and I are travelling a lot, but never bothered to post reviews ..Until a hotel manager told us last week: "People like you who keep coming and enjoying our hospitality, are too busy to post anything ..While 1 or 2 guests with bad intentions or bad temper would post extreme bad reviews .."
So here is our first review:
This is a large property, with a fun pool, lots of games, perfect for a family vacation ..
We were disappointed from the villa we got: Old furniture, old TV with only local stations ..
I conviced Robert to watch with me "Dancing with the Stars this season. He supported the injured wonderful veteran. We finished our business dinner early, and headed to our villa, to watch the final show ..Oops! The local ABC station did not have it!
We did not find the usual bottles of water next to our beds, and had minimal vanities in the bath room, and minimal towels.
HOWEVER - when we picked up the phone and asked for more - we got a basket of shampoo and lotions and bottled water so fast ..It came with a smile.
The staff of this hotel is so personal and warm, that we must give 4 stars, despite the old villa, and lack of vanities.
Everywhere we went and asked for direction, a staffer insisted to accompany us to our destination.
They text messages our mobiles, and came to pick us up. When I went to the hair salon (next to a condtruction ..) they kept my husband informed, so I could join him and his business partner for lunch.
So if the contruction is finished, and the villas are updated (as they told us, in July) - we will visit this place again!
The hotel staff won us over ..

Room Tip: Until they renovate the villas, ask for a modern room with full TV access.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a Symposium. Place is quite big and well done. Rooms are ok nothing much to wrote about. Good restaurants and a very good central lawn around which you can have drinks and food. This is a good attraction and Golf Course is also good.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
GM_ArizonaBiltmore, General Manager at Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Sanjeev N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your candid feedback and are glad to hear you enjoyed our grounds and the majestic Squaw Peak Lawn. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Kind regards,

Sheila Foley

Been to Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!