“Not as luxurious as I had hoped” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
All-Inclusive in Phoenix
Ranked #23 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Las Vegas, United States
“Not as luxurious as I had hoped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The grounds are pretty, the bed is soft and the shower was nice, and the staff at Frank & Albert's are very kind but that still did not add up to being worth $470 a night (after taxes and resort fees.) The reasons it was not worth the money was because the room had a toilet that could not be fixed and ran every 30- 40 minutes all day and all night. Another amenity, a safe/lockbox, that one could even receive at a Motel Six, the hotel could not provide! The staff did nothing to remedy either of these- I pushed with the lockbox situation as my husband is in law enforcement but did not push with the toilet because one gentleman did try to fix it (but he explained parts of the toilets had been discontinued since they were dated from the 1950's.) I expected more assistance with my issues then what I received. Another issue was the Illy Café girl was quite rude and could not assist me with a half-caff iced beverage which I find odd because I have never had this issue at any coffee shop. I think the Biltmore had it's hayday and now it is over. For the price you could stay elsewhere and probably be given all the amenities you would hope for. It's the little things I look for that I have received at other five-star or five-diamond properties that we did not receive here. It was definitely not personalized service.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
La Quinta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Robert and I are travelling a lot, but never bothered to post reviews ..Until a hotel manager told us last week: "People like you who keep coming and enjoying our hospitality, are too busy to post anything ..While 1 or 2 guests with bad intentions or bad temper would post extreme bad reviews .."
So here is our first review:
This is a large property, with a fun pool, lots of games, perfect for a family vacation ..
We were disappointed from the villa we got: Old furniture, old TV with only local stations ..
I conviced Robert to watch with me "Dancing with the Stars this season. He supported the injured wonderful veteran. We finished our business dinner early, and headed to our villa, to watch the final show ..Oops! The local ABC station did not have it!
We did not find the usual bottles of water next to our beds, and had minimal vanities in the bath room, and minimal towels.
HOWEVER - when we picked up the phone and asked for more - we got a basket of shampoo and lotions and bottled water so fast ..It came with a smile.
The staff of this hotel is so personal and warm, that we must give 4 stars, despite the old villa, and lack of vanities.
Everywhere we went and asked for direction, a staffer insisted to accompany us to our destination.
They text messages our mobiles, and came to pick us up. When I went to the hair salon (next to a condtruction ..) they kept my husband informed, so I could join him and his business partner for lunch.
So if the contruction is finished, and the villas are updated (as they told us, in July) - we will visit this place again!
The hotel staff won us over ..

Room Tip: Until they renovate the villas, ask for a modern room with full TV access.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a Symposium. Place is quite big and well done. Rooms are ok nothing much to wrote about. Good restaurants and a very good central lawn around which you can have drinks and food. This is a good attraction and Golf Course is also good.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
GM_ArizonaBiltmore, General Manager at Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Sanjeev N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your candid feedback and are glad to hear you enjoyed our grounds and the majestic Squaw Peak Lawn. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Redondo Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I adore this property as I have stayed here twice now. The grounds are fantastic! The restaurant is GREAT! The accommodations are exceptional. The service is bar none! I don't know if I will ever stay anywhere else when I visit Phoenix.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Steve D,

Thank you so very much for the generous feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Arizona Biltmore and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Warm regards,

Mount Laurel, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel for a business conference. The grounds and hotel were beautiful. The food and service was also exceptional. Rooms were large, clean and the beds were very clean and super comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

GM_ArizonaBiltmore, General Manager at Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Alice B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your business trip at our resort. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for some rest and relaxation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Had our anniversary dinner at Wright's and the food was fantastic and the service was on point. Tom took amazing care of us, gave great recommendations, one of the best restaurant experiences we have had! Thanks Tom!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Glcorio,

Thank you so much for celebrating this special occasion with us! It was a pleasure having you as our guests. I appreciate your kind and valuable feedback, and look forward to sharing it with Tom. We hope to welcome you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was above and beyond satisfied with the whole experience at this resort. The grounds were beautiful, the rooms luxurious and the staff was super. Very helpful, very courteous and went out of their way to be friendly. I would recommend this resort. I went for business but would go back for pleasure.

Dear 285francinec,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Arizona Biltmore. Thank you for sharing your generous feedback with our team, we look forward to your return!

Sheila Foley

Been to Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!