“Great spring stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Paradise Valley, Arizona
“Great spring stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

One of the best in the valley. If not the best!

We had a wonderful stay at the Arizona Biltmore, Waldorf Astoria. We were in a Signature suite, which was nice. The furnishings are well appointed. Located near the main pool, the room is nice, spacious, clean and fresh. [Would have appreciated a mini fridge in the room rather than a honor bar also a larger safe would be a nice upgrade]

The staff is friendly and gracious. Housekeeping were warm and all smiles. We didn’t have our room serviced much during our stay but the few times we did housekeeping were efficient, and welcoming.

We enjoyed the “old school” ambiance, photos from times gone by, Reagan Honeymoon registration check in card on display, and service amenities from times past including food delivery to sun loungers pool side. The guys and gals working at the waters edge were accommodating and a true asset to the resort. [Tamika was our server a handful of times and was sociable and organized.

Much history to take in as the hotel as been in operation since the 20’s.

The outdoor gardens, flowers, hedges and lawns are beautifully maintained- but not without a price. The gardeners are out in force with their mowers beginning at 7:00am which is loud , and we couldn’t see to escape it. To their credit they do stop the noise if you walk by.

A good stay overall. Thank you.

Room Tip: Suites are pricey but worth it
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Afternoon tea at The Biltmore is an absolute delight. Being looked after by Kevin is something special, he makes you feel as though ŷou are the most important guest in the hotel. Service was wonderful, tea delightful and the food more than anyone could ask for. I would highly recommend you have afternoon tea at The Biltmore.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Nashua, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

A great hotel resort. Easy to get to with fine facilities. Not a good place for kids as the clientele is older and mostly business oriented. The facilities are old school but very appropriate for this Frank Loyd Wright designed master piece. Lots of history with presidents, movie stars including the Vegas Rat Pack having stayed here.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

GM_ArizonaBiltmore, General Manager at Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Jeffrey B,

It is delightful to hear that you enjoyed our rich history and distinguished architecture. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I've read a few other reviews of this hotel and the people who are complaining about "how old the furniture is" have no appreciation for history. They apparently don't realize they're staying in a hotel designed by Frank Lloyd Wright (and the Taliesin Architects). It's a gorgeous place, and I only wish I had taken the time to spend more time exploring the grounds. Usually, when I stay at a hotel, it is more about exploring the city I'm in, rather than the hotel, but really, I wish I had scheduled a tour and spent time in the pools. I recommend reading up on the history of this hotel before going down.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear Gabriella K,

It gives me great pleasure to hear that you share an appreciation for our beautiful architecture and colorful history. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the Arizona Biltmore team. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a chance to explore our grounds and enjoy the wonderful amenities our resort has to offer.

Mahwah, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Sadly the service does not match the surroundings of the hotel. At every point of service personnel are generally uninformed. For example, I asked when was breakfast served until and was told that they served breakfast all day. When I went to the restaurant I found out that they only serve breakfast until 11:00 a.m. Then I asked for a salad with the dressing at the side and let the server know that I am allergic to mayonnaise. The salad was brought out slathered with mayonnaise. I asked about it and she said the salad did not have mayo but I could see it – I let her know if I ate mayo, they would soon be dealing with a medical emergency. She walked away and soon came back and confirmed that there was mayo in the salad and they would bring one without it.
After lunch, I went to the concierge desk where I inquired about the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Phoenix Museum. The woman at the concierge desk confirmed that the exhibit was there today and told me how to get there in the hotel town car. By the way it costs two times as much to use the hotel’s town car than to take a cab. After a long cab drive to the museum and a $49.00 fare, I found out the museum is closed on Mondays. Perhaps this is something the concierge desk should have known. So I called the manager on duty to let him know about my experience. I waited on the telephone for ½ hour and the phone just kept on ringing - no voice mail. I called the operator and she said she would ask him to me back in my room.
On a different but equally incompetent note; I went to get a pedicure, poorly done. The cuticles not cut. It cost $95.00 and the service was poor. The hotel personnel are in dire need for some training.
All and all avoid this hotel – not worth the aggravation.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
GM_ArizonaBiltmore, General Manager at Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear WiseTravelsUSA,

We are truly disappointed that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for unparalleled service delivery at the Biltmore, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. We believe that true Waldorf service experiences are genuine, anticipatory and personalized and we will continue to work to ensure our guests find that level of service at our hotel. Your feedback will help us continue to improve our training process, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work firsthand.

Respectfully,

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We were here for a conference, which just happened to coincide with Spring Break for our kids. We booked a separate room for them and made it a family getaway. First of all, our rooms must have been upgraded, because they were both enormous and had a lovely patio with tables and chairs. We enjoyed room service breakfast and wine out on the patio. We were in the Paradise wing, so close to the main pool but on the quiet side of the building with a few of the manicured gardens. Perfect.

We enjoyed renting a pool cabana - definitely worth it if you are going to spend the whole day at the pool. The service was very good and it was so nice having your own private changing area and bathroom, as well as shady places to sit when you wanted to get out of the sun.

While the property was really lovely, we weren't terribly impressed with any of the restaurants. They were fine though, and the pool cafe does have some pretty great cocktails (try the Ruby Red - trust me).

Overall we had a fantastic time, and I hope we get to return again!

Room Tip: We enjoyed being on the ground floor in the Paradise wing with a patio.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Cathy K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom accommodations and the poolside cabanas. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome your family back in the near future.

Aledo, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

As I checked into the hotel I realized that the signage was terrible! The old signs and entrance with barriers set up were clues to the old dilapidated hotel.

Staff is VERY friendly and helpful...lawn is beautiful!!! Cocktail party was fabulous....food was very good!

My $359 (conference rate) room with $27 Valet parking and an outrageous Resort Fee was suppose to be "Mountain or Pool View. It is below ground level with a patio that looks into the delivery driveway...as many of the rooms.

Do not pay extra for the "Club Level!" It is an upscale, sub-level Holiday Inn Express feel with wonderful staff!!!

There is really not a lot they can do with some of these rooms...except....

Honesty in booking!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
GM_ArizonaBiltmore, General Manager at Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear aledo99,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We promise our guests a singular Waldorf luxury experience, and we will use your comments to ensure that we are continually working to achieve that ideal. I sincerely appreciate your feedback, and I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Sheila Foley

Been to Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!