“Excellent old style large resort” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Excellent old style large resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed 4 nights in two different premium rooms. Both were recently updated, but the second had a much larger bathroom with a separate shower and tub. So, if this is important to you be certain to ask. The lovely, extensive grounds of this property are a striking feature. The downside of these large grounds is that your car parking space may be a ten minute walk to your room. The pools are also attractive and popular. We thought that the breakfast dining room offered very good food and a variety of indoor and outdoor seating areas. I was disappointed in the signature fine dining venue, Wright's, and will revue it separately. The bellmen and other employees are generally excellent, but I encountered a very rude front desk person at registration. We played both golf courses, which really are simply public courses. Some of the surrounding homes are magnificent. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Wi-fi is free to HiltonHonors members.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Erie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great property and great staff. I enjoyed every aspect of my stay. It is a true treasure. I have been fortunate to stay at many great hotels, but The Arizona Biltmore was such a unique experience in so many ways. Dog friendly too. I came on business myself but cannot wait to return with my family.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

FIRST - STAY AT THE PHOENICIAN!!! NOT HERE!!!!! I have never been so insulted as a hotel guest EVER. I have stayed in top hotels, airport hotels, roadside motels, you name it. This place sucks and its management sucks! I had a long day of work and travel, finally get to the hotel checked in and tried to go for dinner at Wrights Steakhouse. MISTAKE! Restaurant was EMPTY! Literally 5 tables were taken and rest empty. I was asked if I had a reservation, I explained I am a hotel guest and just got in. The restaurant manager rudely refused to sit me and told me to come back in 2 hours. I went over to the concierge who laughed (politely) and put in a reservation. I went back to the restaurant and the manager refused to sit me because It was 6:35 and my reservation was for 6:45. I couldn't anymore. I had him call the hotel manager. She was rude and insulting as well. She said it was hotel policy not to sit guests until their reservations despite an EMPTY restaurant. I would not accept that and she went over to the host and said 'dont sit them until 6:45 exactly.' I GOT PUNISHED, PUT IN TIME OUT like a 3 year old. HOW DARE SHE! I spent over $950 for 1 night at the hotel and this is how you treat a guest. I left and canceled my stay and booked the Phoenician - MUCHHHHH nicer and friendlier!!!! HIGHLY recommend the Phoenician over this OVER RATED HAS BEEN!

Even the rooms are run down. The doorknob fell off, carpet was ripped up and their was hair in the shower - skeeeeeevvvy. Shame on this hotel to call itself a Waldorf. What happened to Hilton's make it right policy - Even when I explained it to the front desk manager, who requested that I explain why I was not happy with my stay - he didn't seem to care or want to make it right, and DID NOT make it right.

IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY YOUR VACATION BOOK ANOTHER HOTEL - THIS HOTEL SUCKS!!!!

Instead of 1 star I gave it 2 because the grounds are beautiful and maintained very well.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
Ridgewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were able to make use of the pool and restaurant area of this fine property recently.
I am a Diamond Club member who was visiting with friends locally and the hotel management graciously extended us the courtesy of 4 day passes.

I first want to thank Hilton properties for continuing to go the extra mile to make their frequent stay clients feel special, and then I particularly want to thank the Front Office Manager of the Biltmore for his kind assistance.

This property was amazing and I will definitely come here as a guest in the very near future. .

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
GM_ArizonaBiltmore, General Manager at Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Tom B,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Hilton brand, and for highlighting our dedicated Front Office Manager. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your day trip to the Arizona Biltmore, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Taos, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Wonderful experience overall. First class all the way. The conference was so professional, the service was superb. Will definitely stay there the next time I visit Phoenix. Reminded me of the Biltmore in Miami

Dear Aiden O,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience at the Arizona Biltmore. We look forward to your return!

Perrysburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Very luxurious old hotel which has been modernized. Unbelievable pool and recreation facilities. Very nice. Good service from staff. There is an oasis feeling about the grounds with all of the grass and flowers. Very "old school" type elegance. The food was excellent.

Dear Jonathan W,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel grounds and inventive culinary offerings. We thank you for choosing the Arizona Biltmore as your vacation destination and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I've stayed here a few times and seems to be hit or miss. This last time, the clerk said that he had a room in his favourite part of the hotel. I was excited as there are some nice rooms here. Turned out to be a "10 minute" walk and basically a "Motel 6" type room opening onto a noisy catwalk. To make matters worse, to get to the toilet, there was about a 16" space between the sink and the shower wall. In addition, you had to almost stand in the shower to use the toilet which was "shoehorned" in place. I would be embarrassed to put someone in a room like this at $ 69 a night, but for $ 269 a night as part of a huge group, more should be expected. Sad experience on this part, but the staff in the bar and restaurants were outstanding and the food very good. Beds and pillows are comfortable and amenities decent. My room was up to date and clean.

Dear Ilio D,

Thank you so much for your sincere feedback of your recent stay here at our resort. We understand the importance of a functional guestroom, and we try to be very vigilant in this area to ensure the comfort and ease of our guests. I am actively working with our team to ensure that our guestrooms reflect our high standards. I hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to authentic, memorable guest experiences should your travels bring you back to the area.

Respectfully,

Sheila Foley

Been to Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!