“Great Hotel - Interesting Clientele” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Resort   |   2400 East Missouri Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85016   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 175 hotels in Phoenix
Portland, United States
“Great Hotel - Interesting Clientele”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Biltmore is a great hotel - love the pools and workout area. We happened to catch it when there was a large conference with tons of smokers. Additionally, we ordered gluten free menu items and they clearly were not resulting in some unfortunate issues.

2,064 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
san antonio, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here for a large conference (4000). This is a beautiful faccility. Our room rate was $99 per night plus tax and the resort fee of $28 was waived. Conference attendees were also given 20 off at the cafe (a take out facility). The hotel's breakfasst buffet is excellent. The meeting rooms are separate from the sleeping rooms and required us to walk outside in the intense heat to get to them. When my bill showed a charge for the minibar which my roommate and I didn't use it was promptly removed. I would recommend this facility for anyone holding a large conference since it is such a beautiful facility.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went here on the 4th of July weeked for a business meeting and a bookend of a couple relaxing days... so I thought! This was a rough experience.
First the positives. The property is beautiful. The quality of the food and beverage was good. The room price was good.
Now the negatives: This placed was packed to the gills with little kids. Yelling, sreaming, unaccompanied and dominating all the common areas including every pool on the property. Apparently they open up the hotel to Biltmore area homeowners. There was not one quiet moment in the common areas.
Another negative was that management was very unconcerned that some guests didn't want to have every common area filled with kids.
The prices on everything except the room were very high. I've stayed at most resorts in the Scottsdale area and this is a common practice in the summer to price the room low and then overprice everything else. That is the case here too. Parking is $30 per day.
The older buildings are very far apart. I walked miles to carry my luggae to the room. Literally. Room service is delivered on a bike due to the distance. There are Bell Porters around but they want to hold luggage outside until called at it was 112 degrees.
Few electric outlets in room and none at desk level. Only one elevator working in building where I stayed. Undefined "service fees" for room service.
I won't be back.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a room where there is parking near the room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GM_ArizonaBiltmore, Manager at Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Paulie66,

We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve and expected during your recent stay. We strive for unparalleled service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. We believe that very best service experiences are genuine, anticipatory and personalized and we will continue to work to ensure our guests find that level of service at our hotel. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our level of service, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work firsthand.

Kind regards,
Chintan Dadhich
Woodinville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel is a work of art. The architecture is from a grand era. The setting of the grounds is worth viewing. The staff will bend over backwards to assist their guests. The hotel as a whole is outstanding .

los angeles, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed there during a conference. The room rates were cheap - about $100/night. I would be more upset if it were more expensive than that & I wouldn't stay here if I didn't have the group rate. The building and architecture is amazing. The grounds are nicely maintained. However, the bungalows were hot, humid, and super outdated. No central air in the bungalows (I moved into the Terrace - which looked like a run down apartment building in Los Angeles). In fact, it looked like the place hadn't been updated in 20 years. The staff was pleasant and friendly and accommodating. However, they also screwed up my bill & charged me about $150 extra. Just getting my hands on the bill itself was a hassle - you have to call them, sign a release form, and wait for them to send it to you - took 2 days! Ridiculous. Again, the exterior grounds were very nice but not worth much more than the group rate I paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed in 5 star resorts in 3 countries; all across the USA, Canada, and in Mexico. My experience at the Biltmore Resort was - with no reservations - the finest of my life. From the moment I arrived, the staff was attentive and personable. The grounds were exquisite. The pools were incredible. The room was clean, well furnished, comfortable, and spacious. The bathroom was wonderful. The towels were to die for. I had the best meal of my LIFE at the on site, Wright's.

Flagstaff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Arizona Biltmore is a wonderful, classic hotel with so much potential, but certainly not a 5 star hotel anymore (I'm a travel agent and would NOT send clients there looking for a 5 star experience!). This was my second stay this summer (the rates are great!!) and some of the issues were: Trash can was left on the toilet when we got into the room; we forgot our toothbrush, called down to the front desk, and after about 30 rings, it was answered and we were told to come down and get one. We did go down...only to be told they were out and they'd have housekeeping send one up; at check-in was told the breakfast buffett was at 6:30 (wrong...it is at 7 and we needed to leave the hotel at 7....we did go into the cafe to check that out, but didn't feel like spending $4+ for a cup of coffee or can of soda); terrible, non-existant food service out by the pool. We finally did get in to see the breakfast buffett and it was pretty limited for about $20 per person. Yes, these are all minor issues but must be addressed to be a 5 star hotel. That being said, the staff are friendly, the room was nice and in good condition (other than not being able to get the shower to stop dripping water). I hope management will pay attention to the details and bring the place up to a better service level ...there are lots of luxury hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale and sadly, the Biltmore is not up to the competition.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!