“Frank Lloyd Wright Historic Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
All-Inclusive from $199
Ranked #40 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
Prescott, Arizona
“Frank Lloyd Wright Historic Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed just one night at the Arizona Biltmore, but we definitely want to come back for a longer stay. The hotel is just gorgeous - a living testament to Wright's design genius. The grounds are extensive, which makes you feel you are truly in a secluded, exclusive location. Our room was in the main building, and although not overly large, it was adequate and the finishings were superior. On a future visit, we might splurge to be in one of the cottages for a more residential experience.

We dined in Wright's, and had a lovely meal and excellent service - not stuffy, but polite and friendly. One of the things I liked most about the menu was that most dishes are offered in a small and large size. This allows you to have a grazing-style dining experience, which I like.

Don't kid yourself - this will be an expensive treat, from the room rates to drinking and dining. But you should rather expect that from a Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel. You will also, I believe, have a special experience. Allow yourself some time to stroll around the grounds and enjoy the flora, the mountain view, and beautiful water features. Sit for a while on the patio by a fire pit. If your lucky, as we were, a groundskeeper might give you a fresh grapefruit off one of the hotel's trees. Divine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

2,136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
Kaysville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I love this property. Frank Wright created a genius experience for the traveler. And great memories here for sure. I wanted to write a review for Matthew Stieg. He helped me valet my car and was just, well, cool and wanted to make sure I had high quality service with a personal touch. Props to Matt for being kind and attentive to my needs. It's those kinds of bumps with employees that make or break a traveler's experience. Time for a raise?

Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hotel and the grounds are beautiful. The concierge personnel were great and quite helpful. The fire pits were awesome. My room rate was fine. The drinks at the bar were ridiculous expensive - high enough to not return to the hotel. Two double drinks was over $80.00 before tip. Ouch!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RoomsDirectorAZB, Manager at Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay. We strive to provide guest experiences that are anticipatory to the highest degree and personalized to the occasion, and we are always looking for ways to balance fair pricing with the luxury accommodations and service we offer. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future to demonstrate our commitment to satisfaction in all areas of the guest experience.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Check in was quick but we had to drag our own bags to the room. Front desk advised us we needed to go back outside if we wanted our bags delivered. Really at a walforf? I've stayed at many waldorf's and that was just laziness. Being a diamond member we got free drink coupons only for use at the Wright which is not as nice of a bar as frank and Alberts. The amount was set, causingus to have to cover $1.40 of the bill, which neither the new york or Orlando waldorf require u to pay the difference for a drink off there main menu. Rooms were nice but need to be freshened, overall the resort is beautiful, service at the bar was good, attentive and courteous. Valet were excessively rude, this location needs work or should shed the most prestigious brand name Hilton offers.

• Stayed February 2013
RoomsDirectorAZB, Manager at Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We appreciate your continued loyalty as an Hhonors Diamond member. We strive to provide all of our guests with a singular Waldorf experience and am sorry to hear that we did not do so. Please know we are addressing with our team and hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a terrific facility for a convention or conference. The conference center is nice and the service is great. The grounds are beautiful and make for a great setting for meetings. But dig deeper and the room are adequate at best. The cottage room was dark and the shower was dirty. And then there is the service or lack thereof. They misplaced a package of materials I had sent for my conference but told me it had been delivered to my room! Nice try. When I shipped it back, I gave it to the desk at 7 AM on a Friday and it didn't ship out of there until Monday afternoon. Not top flight. I could also do without the $6 water, although I found the staff soda machines and purchased the same water for $1. Really?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RoomsDirectorAZB, Manager at Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for unparalleled service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. We believe that very best service experiences are genuine, anticipatory and personalized and we will continue to work to ensure our guests find that level of service at our hotel. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work firsthand.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We attend so many events in the city, the AZ Biltmore hands down do one of the best jobs, dinner for 100 or 1000- great staff and service.. Dan the bartender is our favorite, knows what we drink before we get to the bar.. out of 800 guests, thats pretty good. Sonia on the wait staff is always there with a smile and a big welcome back..You don't get that across the street.. Go Biltmore.

Room Tip: Stay in the new side...
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Location and pools were lovely as well as poolside service and restaurant service. We did enjoy our stay and the grounds. I was excited to stay here because of the history and architecuture (not FLWright, but he had some input with a few features) plus its location. There is a nice exercise path around the area and view of Camelback behind. The original hotel lobby and buildings are beautiful both inside (lobby, restaurant) and out (grounds); however, many guest rooms were built on later. Ours, a resort style suite was in one of small buildings, built in 80s (?) with 4 or at least multiple suites and balconies or patios. We were literally at the end of the resort with sunless patios and our suite seemed not much changed from its creation (1983?). I didn't bother saying anything, maybe should have, but for one night? Not worth it. Personally, I'd prefer a smaller room with nicer features and pay more or, I would have brought some more people to enjoy the large suite with kitchen etc, suited to longer stays, I suppose (although only one bathroom and is in master) the caulking was peeling, and suite had old TVs, chipped tile, etc. Not an issue if I'm in different country, situation; however, strange in a resort with glorious reputation. The suite across the way was in the process of being renovated and rest of suites looked deserted. Still the grounds were lovely with multiple heated pools, some gourgeous gardens and good restaurant. We went to the casual one, sat outside. Our waiter, Christian, was fantastic and gave us 1,000 x better service than the gentleman who checked us in, who was pretty brusque. Also, they really need to check the poolside restrooms more often which were pretty scary - I'll spare details.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated suite or room in old hotel at or before checking in. Also, make sure your ro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort? Share your experiences!