“Another great Hampton experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Phoenix Airport South

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Phoenix Airport South to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Phoenix Airport South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4234 South 48th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85040 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport South) (South Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #33 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
JAPAN
“Another great Hampton experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We have been staying at the Hampton Hotels more and more lately. Quite a satisfying experience. This weekend stay was no exception. While we stayed basically overnight due to our early flights, the room was spacious and as top tier HHonours members we got nicely upgraded. The mattress is really comfortable, the room and the rest of the hotel was very clean and inviting and we enjoyed this stay. The hotel is easy to find, there is plenty of parking and they provide complimentary shuttle service to the airport. There is not much in regards to food availability around the hotel, that is besides a gas station convenience store. This will be our goto place when we fly in or out of PHX,

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Quicksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

What a find. If you are in need of a great inexpensive hotel near the airport this is the place. The staff is awesome. They had a bag breakfast waiting for us when we had a 6am flight. Could not have been nicer. Great 24 hour shuttle service as well. Close to the airport with spacious CLEAN rooms and very comfortable beds. Reasonably priced and highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2012
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

This Hampton Inn and Suites is very convenient for the Phoenix Airport. Easy on and off from the freeway. I was promptly greeted as I walked through the front doors to check in. Check in was quick and efficient and I was on my way to my room. My room was clean and quiet. I found the room to be comfortable and spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable, too. Breakfast was your typical Hampton Inn breakfast, a variety of hot and cold items. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. If I'm in the area again, I'll definitely stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Tucson, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on Christmas Eve as we booked the park and stay rate so we could park at the Inn and not worry about the stress of finding parking at the crowded Sky Harbor Airport on Christmas Day. The cleanliness of the hotel and attentiveness of the staff was great! Unfortunately, the breakfast was below standards usually seen at the Hampton Inn. The eggs were very dry, the sausage patties were cold and there was absolutely no coffee... NO COFFEE?? That's right, coffee was not available until after I had already finished my meal. I would have thought someone would have had extra coffee going.
We ate at 8AM and there was 1 other person eating breakfast so it wasn't like it was crowded.

The prior evening, the desk clerk reserved the 10AM shuttle to the airport. This would have given us ample time to catch our 12:00PM flight without any stress. Much to my surprise, as it was Christmas day, the shuttle driver was not working and the Inn used an outside company for shuttle service. My wife and I went downstairs at 9:40AM. The clerk immediately asked for my family name. I told him the name and he confirmed we were on the 10AM shuttle for the airport. At 10AM, the contract shuttle had not yet arrived. The clerk called the vendor / contract shuttle who advised they were on the way. By 10:15AM, the shuttle had still failed to arrive. I inquired with the desk clerk about the shuttle and he again called the contract company who said the driver would arrive momentarily. By 10:30AM the shuttle driver finally arrived. He did not handle our bags and walked inside to use the restroom! We were in a hurry, he was 30 minutes late and now he was taking a restroom break??? Unacceptable!!! We finally got into the shuttle van and arrived at the airport at 10:40AM. My flight was to depart at noon and was boarding at 11:30AM. My wife was extremely stressed out and after checking in and going through security, It was 11:15. While we still had enough time to catch our flight, the stress we hoped to avoid by staying at the Hampton Inn was ever present. It was not a good beginning to the holiday vacation.

One of my biggest complaints was that there was a maintenance man speaking to us at the hotel while the front desk clerk called the shuttle company. Why one of them couldn't take the shuttle van parked just outside of the door, is beyond me. I felt that there should have been a backup plan, should the contract company not arrive. We didn't miss our flight, but I was sadly disappointed by the service provided by this Hampton Inn. I must commend the staff, as they were friendly and helpful, they just seemed unsure of what to do when the shuttle didn't arrive. I almost left and parked myself (which would have been counter productive, as the entire reason I booked the hotel was for the parking.) The inn was extremely clean and I was impressed by the wonderful rooms. I just wish the breakfast staff would have ensured the food was prepared better and that the shuttle situation would have been resolved to my satisfaction.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
SE, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

We needed a place to unwind for two nights and this was our choice. It was the right one for us and with the outstanding room, great internet connectivity, and fabulous breakfast we were very pleased that we chose this hotel. The staff was unbelievably nice and checked us in early without any comments. The desk help was outstanding and helped us with directions by showing us on the computer and even offering to print a map. Breakfast was the best and when they said a hot breakfast they meant it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Flagstaff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

My family and I stay at this hotel whenever we need to overnight in Phoenix before a flight the next morning. The rooms are clean and large, and they have plenty of non-smoking rooms. The place is very convenient to the airport---too far for any noise, but about a 10 minute shuttle ride away. The hotel runs shuttles 24 hours a day. Free breakfast and the food selection is fine.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Ashland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Needed to stay in this area, as it is close to family. Several other hotels (resorts) in this area were $200-$300 a night. We got a suite room for in the $80 range. A regular room was in the $50 range. The suite is definately worth the price as the room is huge with a couch, several chairs, desk, bar area, etc. The bathroom was plenty big too. Everything was clean.

If you reserve online, make sure you request a pool side view. The other side of the building is just parking lot, and not much to look at. The front desk person said they went through a major rennovation this year and are going to do the outside next year (2012).

The staff were all very friendly. The breakfast in the morning was good. Nothing super fancy or crazy, but they had eggs, sausage, home fries, warm oatmeal, make your own waffles, etc. The pool area and jacuzzi were good. They even had towels out there.

The airport shuttle was wonderful and very timely. Occassionally we could hear a plane way off in the distance, but overall it was very quiet. Not sure if we just didn't have anyone around us, but it was incredibly quiet.

I am sure that someone who is extremely picky would find things wrong with this place. It is kind of set on a corner by a gas station right off the freeway. So, it's not in a 'fluffy' location, but it is nice, it's clean and we never once felt unsafe. Considering what people had to pay close to this location, I'll take this hotel any day.

Room Tip: Definately pool view. The suites cost a little more, but they have a lot of room in them.