“Lovely place for groups” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points
Ranked #61 of 177 Hotels in Phoenix
Idaho
“Lovely place for groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

A well used hotel that has been maintained *fairly* well. The rooms were clean, beds and pillows comfortable, fairly quiet and very spacious. Coffee maker, fridge, bar sink, table in the living room, and wifi.

The front desk had water with lemon slices on tap for the first few days, but wasn't available for the weekend. Coffee was only available during breakfast, which would be nice to have available all the time.

There was a problem with one of the courtyard elevators off and on through weekend. The bar food was great and they accommodating by letting us take our beer, wine and food out to the courtyard to eat. The chairs and tables weren't all that comfortable, but were able to drag them all together for our small group to sit around.

Room Tip: Our corner end room was pretty quiet except for an occasional person dragging their suitcases down t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I hope that your reunion was fantastic! The Hotel met your group's needs and the courtyard worked well for catching up over a snack and a beverage. Visit us again soon.

Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel was very nice, great design, clean and well kept property. Found the hotel staff to be very friendly, professional and making sure every need was taken care of. The complimentary breakfast in the Belvedere was excellent, the fruit was fresh, food was was warm and tasteful. I would stay at this Doubletree again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I'm happy that you would choose us again if you're in Phoenix. I will pass your compliments of "professional" and "friendly" onto my team. I will give an extra shout out to the culinary team for the excellent breakfast.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree with a group of 15 reunion friends on October 17th through the 20th similar to our stay here 7 years ago. We arrived very early (9:00am) due to our early flight from the east coast. The hotel shuttle picked us up promptly at the airport. Rooms were already available on the 1st floor. We elected to wait for a better room location on a higher floor while waiting for our friends in the courtyard area next to the pool. The concierge held our bags until we checked in after we had lunch at their Belvedere restaurant which had excellent food and service. Check-in was smooth and they gave each person a warm chocolate chip cookie. Nice touch. We were in room 442. The rooms are all suites, very well appointed & clean. We had no problems at all and every staff member that we came into contact with was friendly, especially the shuttle driver who was very accommodating and eager to please. If you wanted to go somewhere local like the CVS pharmacy a mile away, he was able to drop you off and pick you up. Each morning we had their complimentary breakfast at the Belvedere which had a very good selection of hot food, fresh fruit etc. We spent a lot of time at this hotel with our friends sitting around the courtyard area enjoying the warm Phoenix sun and chatting. Kudos to the staff and facilities. We’ll most likely be back again for another reunion. See my photos for a close up look.

Room Tip: 4th floor is the Hilton Honors floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
I'm pleased that we got you a suite in the area you wanted. I'm confident that everyone in your reunion group received warm and accommodating service from our team. Hopefully your group decides to meet here sooner than seven years from now. Until then...
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My family and I attended a wedding in the area and we are glad we selected the Double Tree in Phoenix. We rented 2 rooms and the hotel was really accommodating for our family which included 6 adults and 2 children. We wanted to spend some time together since we were all traveling from 4 different locations, so it was cozy but not too tight. Everyone was pleased with the breakfast. The hotel allowed us to check in early, the kids and adults enjoyed the pool. Rooms were nicely appointed.

The negatives were not so bad and quickly rectified by staff. One day the hot water was out but the hotel responded by giving us access to another room where the water was working. We used the sofa bed one night, but realized it was super uncomfortable, the hotel understood and brought us a roll-away instead, which was perfectly comfortable.

The location is a little out of the way, but we had a rental car, and they have free Parking. Phoenix seems more like a driving city anyway so we were okay with that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
I'm happy that our hotel worked well for you while in town for a wedding. I apologize for the few areas we fell short but our team reacted well to the challenges. We hope that you stay with us again the next time you visit sunny Phoenix.
Mazatlan, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I found nothing wrong with the layout, as a matter of fact it was a nice change. Beautiful, spacious clean rooms. The pool area was very enjoyable, even though neither of us had a bathing suit, we just sat out there and read. The staff were very helpful, especially Rosalen,helping me get to the hotel from the airport, by free shuttle. The food from the restaurant was very good, especially the tortilla soup, which I had twice in the same day. It was a wonderful end for a very stressful day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Doubletree Phoenix

I stay in so many hotels. With Hilton alone, I've stayed in a variety of properties with some 35 stays this year alone. When I run across an exceptional property, like I did at the Doubletree Suites at Phoenix's Sky Harbor Airport, I am delighted to write a review.

First, let my qualify exceptional. Value for the money was the most exceptional feature. But this property is truly unique.

It's extremely well managed. The shuttle driver told me it's had the same owners for about 20 years and they run a tight ship. It shows. While we are talking about the shuttle, it runs every half hour to the airport. Great, courteous and helpful driver who said they will even give you a lift to nearby locales.

I'm surprised no other reviewers mentioned the architecture. With so many boxy hotels, it's so nice to see one with design integrity. It's a series of low rise southwest- style buildings (six stories) connected by sky bridges. For those with fears of heights, you don't have to take a sky bridge if you take the elevator bank nearest to your room. The room doors open into "al fresco" halls. It's very safe since each entrance to the property is secured. These open air hallways double as great view spots. The one outside my room had an amazing view of the Camelback Mountain. My room also had a view of Camelback. Stunning.

It has all the expected amenities of a Doubletree. The gym is small, but has free weights, three treadmills, and a bike. An elliptical would have been nice. The pool area is lovely. Centered is such a way that it captures a good part of the days sun. There are terminals for printing flight coupons...all of what one expects. All of the staff were helpful and friendly. I understand many of the house keepers have been on the property for 15+ years.

I enjoyed lunch in the bar and grill. The menu was fairly limited to salads, burgers and sandwiches. The server recommended the pastrami, which was very good. Served with steakhouse fries, I only wish they had the alternative of shoestring fries. Bloody Mary's are tasty. The dinner menu was more expansive, but I didn't try dinner.

Location, location, location. I took the lite rail to see the city since I didn't have a car. One trip took me to Mill Ave in Tempe the other to downtown PHX. The station is one long block from the hotel and rides are $4/day. On my downtown trip, I stopped at Hulas Modern Tiki. What a great spot. It's a fantastic system that is easily understood.

The rooms are nice with nice views. A little on the modest side in terms of decor, but very clean and attractive. High on function, low on panache. Small bathrooms. The little kitchens are handy and there is a convenience store across the street.

For you Hilton Honors folks, the extras are nice. Two bottles of water in a bag with a nice array of snacks plus the famous chocolate chip cookies upon check in. Two free drink vertices yes at the bar. Free wireless. The housekeeper kept my room supplied with two bottles of water/day. I think all guests receive this.

I obviously loved this hotel and plan to make it my little getaway given it's proximity to PHX, extraordinary staff and value for the dollar.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very nice suites...seperate bedroom/living space with comfortable beds and clean. Nice pool area and a good hotel restaurant with staff that tried to please. What more can you ask for? Also loved the chocolate chip cookie at check in!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple