“One night stay, was nice and would stay here again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   320 North 44th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85008 (Camelback East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Upgrade for WiFi & Drinks
Ranked #36 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Bucks County, PA
“One night stay, was nice and would stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I spent one night in this hotel after arriving on a late flight into Phoenix. I have to say I was a little unnerved to be staying in a hotel with doors that open to the outside like a motel would have, but the courtyard the rooms open to is gated and key card accessible so I felt better about it. The room itself was nice, very clean and comfortable. I had a good rate using Priceline but they tried to give me a smoking room. I requested non-smoking and the clerk called over a manager who quickly and courteously made the change to a non-smoking room for me. The included breakfast buffet was of above average quality with a lot of selection. Oddly wifi was $10 a day at this more upscale Hilton property, but at the lower end Hampton Inn I stayed in the next night in another town, wifi was free. It would be nice to see wifi included as is common these days.

The one negative: I arrived on a Saturday night and noticed a lot of people in the lobby who seemed to be part of a wedding. I mentioned it to the desk clerk checking me in and he said, "Oh yes, they were married here in the courtyard and are having their reception." Well that reception and the very very loud music accompanying it kept on until after 1 am. I was on the 4th floor and my bed was literally vibrating from the music. You would think the hotel would put a stop to the loud music after a certain hour but I suppose they make more from the wedding than they do the hotel rooms for one night. The large number of guests from the wedding also made parking quite a challenge. Aside from that the hotel was lovely and I would stay here again, as long as it isn't a Saturday night with the potential of a large loud wedding.

Room Tip: Make sure there are no large loud wedding groups the night you choose to stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for the detailed feedback. I am pleased to know that you will stay with us again. I apologize for the wedding noise. We normally host weddings earlier in the day and this particular wedding was an exception. I have no doubt that this will not happen during your next visit. See you soon!
Todd D. Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Wisconsin, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Overall, a mediocre place, but mostly because of service and management of the hotel, rather than location or facilities. Both of the latter were decent enough. But multiple little problems---no toilet paper or coffee left by housekeeping, key card malfunction TWICE during our three-day stay, weird lack of staffing leading to things like the gift shop being closed all weekend (!)---led to a less-than-stellar experience. Seemed understaffed and logistically-challenged. But nice, big rooms and okay location near the Metro and not far from the major thoroughfares.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize that we failed to deliver an experience worthy of the Hilton brand. I will pass your comments onto my team to strive for continuous improvement. I hope that you stay with us again the next time you visit sunny Phoenix.
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night we flew into Phoenix. The good: quiet room, comfy bed, good breakfast buffet, close to airport, room size. The bad: cleanliness of property, dated decor, price per night.
Excellent restaurant nearby- Milagro Grill. Check it out!

• Stayed March 2013
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay with us. I will pass your comments onto to my team so that we can continue to improve. We look forward to your next visit.
Redding, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We arrived here to see the the SFGiants for their spring training , upon our arrival we walked in thru the door with a puzzle in our mind cause at the door it, has the A's sign , so we were wondering how is it going to be inside, but when we got to the front desk to check in , they were so friendly and helpful and also very professional , we were given our keys to our room and also cookies.We went up to our room we walked in , the room was very nice and clean and very spacious , there's a sitting room away from the bedroom ,the pool and the hot tub were a plus ,very awesome place .

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Although we are the host hotel for the Oakland A’s during spring training, we love all baseball fans. The A’s stadium, the Angels stadium and the Giants stadium are all within minutes of the Hotel. Come see us again soon.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

From our first contact to the day of our meeting our sales contact, Kristina Humphrey, was allover accommodating. We had many last minute requests which were taken care of with detail and kindness. The hotel setting itself is pleasant and fresh setting. I would certainly hold another meeting here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Very nice airport hotel in quiet neighborhood convenient to highway. Two room suite drably decorated but very comfortable and spotless with refrigerator and microwave. Bathroom small but bath towels large. Buffet breakfast included and better than most with hot and cold items. Exercise room small but very well equipped with elliptical, recumbent bike, 2 treadmills, free weights, universal cable machine, two benches, and more. Very nice pool and whirlpool. Staff pleasant and helpful. Only negative was lowish water pressure in shower. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been coming back to this property for close to 10 years. All the rooms are spacious, well appointed suites. The couch in the living area can be used as a sleeper sofa. Each room has 2 tvs, one in the bedroom and one in the living area. The bed and bedding are luxurious. The room darkening shades actually work, unlike other places I've been to, and I always look forward to an amazing night's sleep here.

On my last visit, I used the hotel's "Park and Ride" service to the airport for the first time. The service was seamless. The drivers both to and from the airport were courteous, and they insisted on helping with everyone's baggage. I would recommend this hotel to all, but especially those needing a good hub near the airport.

The hotel's amenities are also excellent. I've eaten breakfast at the restaurant downstairs before, and been very pleased. The pool area is lovely and inviting. And of course, you get that delicious cookie at check-in. That silly cookie is such a nice touch! All around, this is an excellent property, and I will no doubt be coming back for another 10 years.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
This is a generously positive review of our hotel. Thank you. You listed us as the “best Hilton you’ve been to”. We are very proud to have made this impact. You enjoyed the good night’s sleep, the convenient light rail and the ever popular warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. We look forward to the next 10 years with us.

Todd D. Wilson

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix? Share your experiences!