“Appreciation of lower level staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #25 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Appreciation of lower level staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We usaullay recognize the key personnel and praise them. We tend to forget who is working behind the scenes. It is a pity that those who make it happen are overshadowed. I had a unique experience here during my one week stay at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel. I have been to almost ten Sherton hotels. Many of the staff produce smiles, but the customer is wise enough to distinguish between a business smile and a passionate smile. Everytime my room is cleaned i get pleasure. I get it from the true expression in the face of the housekeeper Guillermo. Here he goes:
Good morning sir, may I help, do you need any help, Are you enjoying your stay. All of this with a genuine smile from the simple fellow. I love to meet him in the corridor every day. Only yesterday I got his name. Could you please tell him my appreciation of his sincerity.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you Ibrahim O for mentioning the great work and service Guillermo provided you while you were here at the hotel. Like you, we also know for us to make things happen it takes every associate in the hotel to make a contribution to create your experience. As a matter of fact our “heart of the house” those that work behind the scenes make it possible for those who are interfacing with you the guest to create the memories that we don’t want you to forget. We look forward to serving you again either here or another Sheraton across the globe.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

If all of the employees of this hotel were like Ban Salman it would be wonderful. Ban would go out of her way to help you with anything that she could do. It was like having a family member to take care of your room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We love Ban as well and we hear many wonderful compliments about her exceptional service. She represents the Sheraton brand so well.

Thank you for paying her the highest compliment: you felt that she was like a family member.

She will enjoy being a part of your wonderful memory of your visit to our hotel. Thank you for sharing your story.

Jefferson, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here during a convention. Great location. Easy walk to convention center. Beautiful lobby and rooms. Bedding is nice but very limited storage. Here for a week with two people and only two drawers and a few hangers.

• Stayed May 2013
Please – next time let us know (Guest Services) that you need additional supplies for your room, we would be so happy to accommodate you and ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible.

Your business is important to us and we want to make sure everything is just right.

Thank you for letting us know you had a successful conference and enjoyed the short stroll to our convention center! It is so convenient, isn’t it?

Thank you for choosing us. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for a business conference. Even with the special rate, it is pricey (but it is downtown). Room was nice, with good view north. Staff was very efficient, providing me with an early check-in (business function starting at noon, so we were able to get in at 10 am). Enjoyed the pool on the 4th floor.
Negatives: They "offered" a $5 credit for "green service," which meant no maid service. I am sure that it costs them more than $5 to have a maid make up the room. Then I discovered that it was not a $5 discount, but rather I would get a $5 discount on my tab in their restaurant. So, they were not only going to save on the labor cost, they were going to get it back in the restaurant (over priced).
When I retrieved my car from valet parking, the car jockey tried to give only $2 of my tip to the bellman - I made him take the $2 and give the $5 to the bellman, who handled all our baggage down to the car.

Room Tip: North-facing room did not have the intense sun (don't know what they do about this on the south...
Dear Ken,

We’re happy that we were able to accommodate an early check-in for you, and that you found our staff to be efficient. And really, the 4th floor, with the pool, Breeze bar and our outdoor herb garden, is meant for enjoyment! We’re glad you found your way there and did just that.

Regarding our Make a Green Choice program that you mention, this is Sheraton’s guestroom sustainability program that reduces water consumption, energy usage and helps keep chemicals out of the environment. By declining housekeeping for just one night, a guest can save almost 40 gallons of water, enough electricity to run a laptop for 10 hours, 25,000 BTUs of natural gas, and 7 oz. of chemicals. This program puts the power of conserving right in your hands by letting you decide how much to participate during your stay. Make a Green Choice rewards you for choosing to conserve with either a food and beverage voucher or Starwood Preferred Guest points for each eligible night you participate. Please accept our apology if that wasn’t communicated in that way.

Thank you for your feedback and your business, we genuinely appreciate both.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel for a business trip in April for the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS). We had a great time. Excellent rooms, great amenities, lovely staff. We were lucky to have met Ban Salman who took good care of us. She is very attentive, friendly and helpful. Great team!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello and we did so enjoy having the ASCRS group in-house, we certainly hope you would consider us again for another conference.

Thank you for letting us know about your stay and how much you enjoyed it. I think that we have a great team here at the Sheraton Phoenix and I’m happy to hear that you agree.

Ban Salman has always provided exceptional service to her guests and we have heard from many people telling us this. We feel very fortunate to have her on our team.

We hope we’ll be welcoming you back again very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here to be close to Chase Field. Perfect location within walking distance. Everyone we came in to contact with was very nice but Ban from Housekeeping/guest room attendants was fantastic. Very friendly, and helpful. Hotel was clean and quiet even though it was sold out. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
We are happy to hear that you would return for another visit, and we would be happy to welcome you here again, as your business is greatly appreciated. How wonderful that you were able to catch some baseball games while in town and used our hotel as your home base!

Thank you for letting us know about all of the great service you experienced from our staff while here and especially from Ban – a great part of our team.

We look forward to the next time with you.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I just started traveling extensively with my job and I must say, that out of all my travels, this hotel really stood out.

Everyone learned my name quickly and used it by saying, "Good Morning, Miss Love! How was your night/dinner/morning/walk? What can we do for you, Miss Love?"

Then I had a chance meeting with my room attendant, Ban Salman who is such a lovebug and so attentive to her guests. I mentioned I preferred shower gel over soap and she handed me shower gels and said, "But of course, I will take care of you. You come to me with anything you need!" We chatted for a minute and she was so energetic and lovely, it really made my morning.

Kudos to the staff and service at Sheraton Phoenix Downtown. Sorry to have to leave, but I'll be back soon!!!

Katie Love
Los Angeles, Ca.

Dear Katie,

Thank you for sharing the memorable moments of your recent stay with us. We are so thrilled to hear that the staff had such a positive impact on the quality of your stay; I don’t think there really is any better news to receive than that from one of our valued guests.

As for Ban, we love having her as a team member and will be happy to share your kind comments with her. She shows a natural and genuine care for her guests and we place a very high value on that.

We do hope your extensive travels bring you to our door again very soon.

Director of Rooms

Been to Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!