“Staff is extremely friendly -- rooms are average” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Camelback East)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #65 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Sammamish, Washington
“Staff is extremely friendly -- rooms are average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Had high expectations for my stay at the Ritz Carlton. Everything about the hotel and the experience went fine. But, frankly, for a Ritz Carlton, it should be more than fine. No expectations were exceeded and I would be hard pressed to distinguish the amenities here from a decent Sheraton or Marriott. The staff was all extremely friendly and professional. The room was well appointed and the bed very comfortable. Some areas of disappointment:

* Bath towels could be more plush
* No power outlets at desk -- REALLY???
* No newspaper at door in morning
* Fairly loud hallway noise when other room doors close

The experience certainly wasn't anything to be disappointed in, it just wasn't anything that I would say was above and beyond.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011 via mobile

We just stayed for a few nights on business. The location is very good. Small pool. Rooms and bathrooms are average. I do not understand why several ritz properties do jot update their bathrooms. A 5 star hotel should not have a dingy shower curtain and rust on the tile. We have recently stayed at ritz in laguna niguel and had the same problem with an ugly bathroom. The ritz needs to do something about their small, old bathrooms. The four seasons has separate showers with nice shower doors and is first class.

• Stayed May 2011
Bellevue, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stopped here for one night on a trip for our wedding anniversary. Although we we later stayed at some nice (and comparatively priced) hotels, this spoiled us for those later places. There was just no comparison with the personalized service at the RC. We stayed on the concierge/club floor, and it really felt like we were her only guest. The communication between staff is impressive. The doorman asked our name and how to pronounce it - and somehow everyone else knew. There were numerous times when our possible needs were anticipated. Just a great experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

I had a great stay at The Ritz, I was attending a large corporate conference being held at the hotel and only for one night but they made it a very memorable stay. I arrived early from the airport and was greeted with chilled bottled water and a very friendly bellman who took care of my luggage right away, I found the service very pleasant and welcoming. Check in was a breeze and I found myself in my well appointed room very quickly, the room has all your needs met from trouser hangers to a well stocked although pricey mini bar....$9.75 for an airline sized Grey Goose! The room was quite comfortable, the bed was very soft without being lumpy and lots of big pillows!

My conferences were held in the main ball room, which were well kept aside from the chairs, which while comfortable just looked cheap in the grand surroundings. We had a prepared buffet lunch, everything I tasted was wonderful and very fresh. I would recommend their catering for any event, it was really well presented and the service was wonderful, I never had to look far for one of the congenial wait staff.

We had a buffet dinner by the pool with a complete bar set up, the tables were done beautifully and again the service was amazing. The food was very good again, they had interesting things like fresh hand rolled Sushi, Lobster and Brie Quesadillas, Beef Wellington....I mention these because while all different and unique dishes, everything was done very well and you can tell the chefs enjoy what they do. Our bartenders were also very gracious and warm.

Overall I enjoyed The Ritz and I would hold my own event there in a heartbeat, I would recommend this hotel if you wanted an impressive formal gathering for many people. Some things aren't so great like the size of the pool and there are just a few cosmetic dings here and there in the rooms but nothing bad at all.

The Business Center had very fast internet, top of the line computers and fast printers for printing boarding passes it also had something not many business centers do, which was very comfortable chairs.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

Everyone who worked at the Ritz-Carlton Phoenix was professional and very friendly, but the facilities themselves are outdated and I would not recommend this hotel:

- internet service was awful. Slower than dial-up, and sometimes inaccessible at all. This is not a hotel where you can work reliably after hours if you need to be online.

- Execu Car service that the hotel recommends for guests to use for local transportation is very bad. Sometimes they don't answer the telephone at all (so you can be stranded without an easy way back to the hotel), and the one time I did ride with them, the driver texted and took his hands off the wheel while we were in traffic.

- Water pressure in the shower was very low. Very few rooms actually have proper stall showers. Most are old fashioned tub showers.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Displaced family of four and NanNa and PopPop check in. Family relocating from CA to AZ, and after a 6 hour drive, the Ritz Carlton luxury and service was just what we needed! The rooms were perfectly arranged as requested with a crib, fridge, and bath accessories for the lil one's.Room service was fast and accommodating for their lil guests, and nice wine for the adults! And after a comfy night's sleep in the Ritz's plush bedding, it was time to check out and meet up the movers! Thank You Ritz Carlton for assisting in the move to AZ!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

While located efficiently in Phoenix rom a business perspective, I enjoyed a service experience that made me feel I was staying at one of the many resort facilities that dot the local landscape. The staff provided some outstanding individualized service experiences, well beyond name recognition, and incorporated a variety of personal recommendations to allow me to enjoy my business trip to the area. Definitely a gem. I felt it to be of great value. I especially enjoyed the opportunity to meet the General Manager. That does not happen to me often.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix? Share your experiences!