“Beautiful location and fun for whole family” 4 of 5 stars

Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8000 S. Arizona Grand Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85044   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
#1 Staycation Spot in AZ!
Ranked #48 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Beautiful location and fun for whole family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Such a beautiful resort, great location and fun for whole family. Staff is so nice and very helpful. Reasonably priced to eat and hang at resort. Pools are so fun for all ages down to baby. Definitely will come back

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Paul G, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Morganseton,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. You touched on two of our greatest assets, our service and our waterpark. We could not agree more with the praise for both. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always working to keep our property beautiful. We would love to welcome you back on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed this past weekend (July 19-21, 2014) on a Travel Zoo deal. The Travel Zoo deal made the stay at least somewhat reasonable for a staycation. They still get you on the $40 per day resort fee and room taxes. At least the $40 resort fee includes the fantastic water park, which definitely is the highlight of the resort. Our total bill at check out was pretty outrageous for a two night stay, but we did it to ourselves. One day cabana rental ($350!!! I've spent much less for a cabana at much nicer properties in Hawaii, but it was worth it to us in the July heat), five of us eating and drinking a little excessively at the pool for two days, and two dinners out at Aunt Chilada's and Rustler's Roost led to me going a little over budget. They really get you on the drinks at this resort, more so than most it seemed to me. We did have a great time, though. The rooms themselves were a little tired looking, and the minibar/refrigerator did not work at all. We were upgraded at check in to a bigger room with an extra bath which was nice. Overall, the rooms are just OK, but we were only in them to sleep, so it was fine. The staff were reasonably friendly and helpful.

Dear AZJuliusDad,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. You touched on many of our great amenities that better serve guests. We do have wonderful restaurants on property, I'm glad you were able to enjoy them. Our waterpark is very popular, as are the cabanas, they provide a respite from the heat. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. We hope you will consider us for your next staycation.
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Fun stay for families. I recommend bringing breakfast foods and snacks and water for your room. Resort foods and drinks are all ala carte and pricier than the movies. Nachos are the best buy for the money. You can bring water bottles in the water park but that is all.
Clean and friendly. Pools close at 10 and water park at 8:30 which is kind of a bummer on the weekend. Other than that worth while for a nice getaway.

Room Tip: The Camelback Suites are right by the water park which is nice. The rooms are pretty sound proof.
Dear Lauralux
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed the resort and had fun at the waterpark! We hope you will consider us for your next visit staycation.
Farmingdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Overall, this hotel exceeded my expectations. I stayed in a two-bed room in the Camelback suites. Room was huge, appeared new, clean, and had two tv's (one in bedroom and one in living room; both were brand new). My room also came with a balcony, which was used quite a bit.

The water park is where I spent most of my time during the day. It was fun for the first two days, but got a little boring towards the end. The other customers in the water park were respectable and no issues arose. I have read some reviews that this place is in the "bad neighborhood," but you would never notice (not like you are walking around outside the resort). The resort was clean and looked safe the entire time.

I went in July and my sister and her kids met me there. I had a good time and would stay again. Ordered room service. It was very tasty but a little pricey.

Also, yes the resort is big, but there is absolutely no problem walking from one end to the other. I did it in July with a 6-year-old, and didn't have a problem.

Room Tip: Balconies overlooking active streets tend to get noisy at night (I think deliveries). Never woke me...
Anthony J,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am so glad you enjoyed the rooms. We are always working to ensure our rooms are clean and maintained to the highest standards. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the resort overall. Phoenix, does get quite hot in the summer, I'm glad this did not become an issue for you. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Phoenix.
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Some of our friends were planning on doing a small staycation, and on a whim we decided to follow suit and book a room - which was very easy considering they were nearly at capacity. Overall - and after a few days I am still disappointed with the experience I had there.
Let me start with the goods - Arriving here was spectacular, from Zack who valeted our car, and Martha and Nick at the front desk who were attentive, smiling and willing to help in any way possible. The rooms are pretty good, well finished, clean, nice attention to detail, though it might be time to swap out some mattresses', as ours seemed to have a sink-hole in the middle. The young ladies in the Oasis pool were fantastic, quickly moving through the line and getting everyone situated. That's where the good ends, you figure that as an adult you may want a beverage or two - the bar staff at the bar right outside is what is preventing me from giving this location any additional stars - let's start with the basics, yes - they are busy - but you can't tell me a 15 minute wait before you are even acknowledged is acceptable, at the least give me a nod, eye contact, something. Then comes the even more disappointing part - If I am paying $11 dollars for a margarita, it had better be consistent and pretty tasty - nope, completely inconsistent, most were too heavy on the sour mix, one set was just right, and the last set was painful to finish - they had run out of tequila, and we had to wait just a minute or two - definately a short handed pour on that set. The last complaint I have is whatever happened to service with a smile? being in the hospitality business, I appreciate it when someone goes above and beyond - and they are rewarded, the barstaff was tipped roughly 24% for their trouble, and still failed to deliver a consistent experience.

Room Tip: Try the villas' - depending on the size (and there are two) you get a full kitchen with fridge...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nathan S,
Thank you for taking the time to remark on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your visit was not all you hoped it would be. While I am pleased that you had a good experience at check-in, I'm very disappointed that the rest of your stay wasn't up to standard. I apologize for your experience at the waterpark. Everyone deserves service with a smile! I am sorry the drinks were inconsistent, as well. Please, never hesitate to speak to an associate, especially the front desk. We will do anything we can to ensure you are satisfied. We, at the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa, pride ourselves in providing a high level of service to our guests we are sorry to have fallen short in your case. We sincerely hope you will return someday allowing us to demonstrate how important your business is to us.
Southborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

July in Phoenix. Not the best of time to visit this resort. Staff extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the sprawling property. Rooms not updated and starting to show their age. Had a few meals and can only say the spicy mustard stood out from the crowd. Pretty sad that all I can remember about the food is that it was billed as five star, but didn't reach that level in quality.

Room Tip: hold onto your map, takes some time to know your way around.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Paul G, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear LeonardoG408,
Thank you for taking the time to remark on your recent stay with us. I am sorry the restaurants and the room did not meet your expectations. We are always working to improve our property and our level of service. Thank you for your kind words about our team. we pride ourselves on our customer service. We work hard to ensure all our guests have a pleasurable experience. I hope you will consider staying with us again to give us another chance to wow you.
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely love the staff and best customer service. We usually stay at wild horse pass but thought I would give Arizona grand a try due to great reviews from friends. I would have to stay I will never stay anywhere else other then Arizona grand now thanks to Nick armanetti who is the front desk supervisor and he has truly made this a home away home. He has gone over and beyond to make our stay the most memorable for myself and 2small children. I couldn't thank his enough for everything he has done. My family will always be a loyal customer of his and we will make sure we spread the word about our experience and continue to bring business.

• Stayed July 2014
Paul G, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear jmgunn,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. You touched on one of our greatest assets, our service. We could not agree more with the praise. Thank you for giving us a try, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Nick, and everyone one else on our team, is always working to serve our guests. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Phoenix.

Been to Arizona Grand Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!