“Family Fun & Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   8000 S. Arizona Grand Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85044   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
#1 Staycation Spot in AZ!
Ranked #48 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Family Fun & Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stop here on our way to a backpacking trip to the Grand Canyon. Our stay started off a little unusually with the valet parking telling us there was no close parking to our room. The valet immediately offered to take our 55 lbs. backpacks and luggage up to our room. From here everything was just perfect. Our room was right at the entrance to the water park. My favorite part of the waterpark was that you did not see the long lines like with most waterparks, as the waterpark is for hotel guest only. We spend all three days at the water park with excellent service from all the staff we encountered. The food we order from room service was better than expected. The fitness facility was excellent with lots of classes. The room was comfortable and updated. The Sunday Brunch was delicious with lots of options for the entire family. Our stay was relaxing and fun and we are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Paul G, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear lyonaj,
Thank you for you kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. You touched on many of our great amenities that better serve guests. I am glad you were able to stop here during your Grand Canyon adventure. I am pleased to note that you experienced our great service and our wonderful amenities. We hope you will consider us for your next visit to Phoenix.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel has one of the best water parks around! There is a resort fee of $40 per day that lets you use it (among other things like wifi) and I think it's limited to a family of four, but it's really top notch.

The rooms have been recently renovated and are very nice and the grounds are fairly close to immaculate. All of the staff I have come in contact with are friendly, helpful and sincere.

My only compliant is there are no refrigerators or microwaves in the room.

Also take your mountain bike or hiking shoes as the hotel has great access to the South Mountain Preserve.

Dear BinkNM,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. You touched on two of our greatest assets, our service and our waterpark. We could not agree more with the praise for both. Our resort fee does cover a family of four, however, our guests are always welcome to purchase additional park passes for a larger family. You are correct, we are located right next to South Mountain, which offers excellent trails for mountain biking, hiking and running. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Phoenix.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The best part of Arizona Grand Resort is Oasis, the onsite water park that is exclusive to guests of the hotel. It has a wave pool, a kiddie pool, a lazy river tube ride, a couple very fast slides, and plenty of chairs to just lie in the sun.
The layout of the rooms is perfect for families with a private bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room. It's a shame the room had no hair dryer and the safe wasn't working (so we had to take our valuables with us to the pool). Our room was in the Mountainside bldg, a 15 minute walk from the pool so we called the operator to send a golf cart to take us there and bring us back.
Service was uneven. At times it was great.The golf cart to the pool showed up so fast you could hardly get downstairs before it sowed up. The employees at the pool were also very attentive. On the other hand, we could hardly get anyone at the valet station to even look at us much less help us.
All in all, a nice stay that could have been great with a little more attention to the room and a lot more attention when you first pull up.

Room Tip: Even though check-in isn't until 4, you can use the pool starting at noon. We showed up at noon...
Dear JimHeat,
Thank you for your remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for taking advantage of our valet and golf cart services. I apologize for the inconvenience of the uneven service, this is certainly not standard for any area of our team. We try to make our guests stay as enjoyable and worry-free as possible. I do apologize for the in-room safe situation. I would like to assure you, however, that our team is completely trustworthy. We hope you will consider us for your next visit to Phoenix.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Grounds were awesome, staff were awesome, housekeeping was awesome but I only rate this 3 stars and won't be returning because they withdraw some air conditioning at night!!! My husband didn't need the blankets nor did my son and I was sweating all night when I had the temp set at 65 F. They said the had a/c problems one night but it was a problem every night!!!! Disney and the Back Bay Hotel in Boston does this as well. I am paying serious money to stay there, I want my a/c functioning all the time!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear nstirling3020,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. You touched on two of our greatest assets, our service and our waterpark. We could not agree more with the praise for both. I apologize for the A/C. I know that is extremely important here in Arizona! We do not retract or attempt to control the air conditioning. If you are experiencing problems with the unit, please never hesitate to call the front desk associates. They are more than happy to do whatever they can to resolve any issues you may have. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Phoenix.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for Memorial Day weekend 2014 and it was great!! Let me say this place is absolutely gorgeous and the one-bedroom King Suite was huge and very clean for the 3 of us. My daughter had the front area all to herself and we had the bedroom all to ourselves. I must also say when I read the initial reviews I was a bit baffled by some complaints of children at the resort. Uh well...it does have most things catered for kids e.g. Water Park, giant slides, lazy river, dine-in movies, wave pool, 3 regular pools tell me who else would want to do all that but families and fun people. So expect KIDS and expect lots of them!! So tell your business gurus not to book meetings or conventions there if you hate kids cause believe me you'll never get around them here esp in the spring and summer. We stayed in the Sedona bldg which was literally 30 steps from the water park entrance and bldg pool. Not a long walk at all. I would recommend this resort for families, golfers, or just to chill. We didn't eat on site because we knew it was expensive. There are plenty of other places to eat outside the resort if you have a car. There is also an enormous Fry's across the street with food and every electronic gadget you can think of. The resort is about 15 minutes from the airport not a long drive at all.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear joinkb,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. You touched on one of our greatest assets, our waterpark. We could not agree more with the praise. I am so pleased that you were happy with your stay! We do have a beautiful property. Our team works hard to make this a beautiful resort to visit. Our resort is, also, very family friendly. We love being a top choice for families, couples and corporations. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Phoenix.
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a nicely landscaped property with comfortably sized rooms. We visit usually once per year to get away and relax at the Oasis water park. I have visitied with family and friends and we have all had a great time. This is a great place to make memories surrounded by WATER FUN!

Dear Cristy R,
Thank you for you kind remarks regarding your recent stay with the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. You are right, we have a wonderful waterpark. Thank you for recommending our resort to your family and friends! We can't wait to welcome you back!
Grants Pass, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We attended our sons wedding at the resort and they did a beautiful job. I must say that this is the first wedding that I have been involved in where the wedding party was ready and waiting for all of the guests to arrive! We stayed here and had the rehearsal dinner at the Roosters Rooste which also went off without a hitch. All in all, everyone did a marvelous job and can't thank them enough.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear 1bjm1,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent visit to the Arizona Grand Resort. We are so honored that your son chose to spend their special day with us! I am so pleased that you received the stellar service for which we are known. Our wedding department works very hard so our brides and grooms can be at ease, knowing everything will work out beautifully. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future!

Been to Arizona Grand Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!