“Average but adequate” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore

You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5235 N. 16th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #107 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
san diego, ca
“Average but adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. There is a microwave, two burner stove, refrigerator and a flat screen tv. Muffins and coffee are available no charge in morning. No ice machine on property and no ice cubes in refrig-just empty ice tray (apparently a health issue is present if ice cubes are left by departing guest, so they are thrown away). ( oh well) Budget rates
are good. I had not planned on staying overnight in Phoenix and this property was near one of my accounts. It was fine for one night.

Room Tip: Request a courtyard room to avoid any street noise.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, 5 days ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable room as well as our grab-and-go breakfast in the morning. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our fully equipped kitchens. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

My wife and I were so pleased with our 5 night stay at this property. We were concerned after reading a few negative reviews, but found our stay was absolutely perfect! (That's why I'm especially taking the time to write this review.) As an Extended Stay hotel there was no daily maid service. If you want your bed made every day, don't stay here. If you want a great location, clean, safe, comfortable room, at a fair price, this is your place!Location was fantastic. We went for walks around the area between baseball games, and found great restaurants within blocks. Many useful stores nearby too. Location was central to all areas of the Phoenix area. Room was clean, spacious, and well maintained. Good quality bed, fixtures, and A/C (important in Phoenix). Free wifi and parking. The full size fridge, microwave and dining table were good for heating leftovers the next day. It even had a stove we never used. Breakfast of coffee, oatmeal, granola bars, and fruit was a fine start to the day, although nothing special. Pool and hot tub were nice. The diner across the street was very good, and we loved Dick's Hidaway for dinner just a few blocks away. Staff at the front desk was always helpful. It was the perfect hotel for our stay!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Greeley, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

We stayed here from March 15th until the 21st and were very pleased by the newly remodeled facility. The walls were repainted; the carpets were new and vacuumed; and the staff members were quite helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others and would willingly stay here again during my next visit to Phoenix.

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor are quiet and overlook the pool.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, April 6, 2015
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and that our staff was helpful. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

Be forewarned. This hotel takes a copy of your drivers license when you check in that they not only do not return to you or shred it, but keep it for at least 30 days. Tried talking to the manager at checkout and she refused to shred it and the reasons she gave were totally bogus. Had I known I wouldn't have Che led in. Never again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

I am still wondering if this place is a hotel or a halfway house for the down and out. I saw very few people who looked like they were on vacation. There were some pretty unsavory looking characters in the mix, including some people who leered at us in a menacing way. We witnessed a medical emergency involving a handicapped man who was clearly drunk.There were a lot of people hanging around in the parking lot or by the pool area smoking. It also looked as though guests were letting in people who were not actually clients of the hotel, as the door was left open as is if for non-guests to enter. On my last sleepless night there I heard the door opening and closing all night long. We woke at 5 AM to start packing our car and found a group of men smoking in the parking lot. We couldn't tell if they were guests or not.
The staff were pretty much useless and tried to get away with the minimum amount of customer service. I saw staff standing around smoking right outside the doors. I also wondered if staff members are involved with some of the unsavory characters who stay there, allowing them to let strangers in the door.
I concur with all of the negative reviews about that place and wish I had read them before we arrived. I feel we survived our stay at that place.

Room Tip: Look at your room very carefully first. Look in all the drawers and cabinets and between the bed she...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

During our transition after purchasing our new house, we lived in this extended stay hotel for a couple months. The location was quietly and conveniently nestled in the nucleus of metro Phoenix. The staff, (including the manager, front desk, housekeepers and maintenance) was extremely accommodating and absolutely dependable. We felt safe and at home. The rates were irresistibly economical.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff and accommodations of the hotel. It is great to know that you enjoyed our location and that our staff made you feed at home. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

My husband and I chose this Extended Stay America late in the evening simply because it was only a block from the car dealership, where, unfortunately, our two-year-old car had to be towed to on the first day of our Arizona vacation due to engine problems. I'm happy I didn't read all the negative reviews before we stayed here, because I guess we're some of the rare guests who actually had a positive experience.

Our room was clean (and no funky smells), had a good flat screen tv, and a comfortable bed, which was all we cared about. We put the air conditioner on the constant low fan setting, which made for a comfortable white noise, apparently blocking out any and all noises that may have come our way. We never heard anything either from the hallway, upstairs or outside. There are signs saying it is a non-smoking hotel, and I did not notice any smoke smells in the hallway or even see anyone smoking outside the building, which was such a relief because I'm sensitive to smoke smells.

We ended up having to stay there for three nights, and every employee we met during our stay was friendly, helpful and nice.

The only one complaint I might make is that the towels weren't very soft. We also skipped the grab-and-go breakfast (fruit, granola bars, coffee, etc) and instead opted to head out for breakfast.

But for all the bad luck we had with our car during our stay in Phoenix, we were happy with our stay at this Extended Stay America and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you found your bed comfortable and enjoyed the flat screen TV in your room. As well, it's great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore? Share your experiences!