“Our Stau” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5235 N. 16th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #132 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix
“Our Stau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We had requested a smoking room and did not get it. Because we did not book directly with the hotel. The room was more than satisfactory, just that I am handicapped and had to keep going outside to smoke

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The only bright spots of my time there was Rey in maintenance, Yvonne in housekeeping (laundry) and Selena in housekeeping.(cleaned my room).s
The staff was rude, disrespectful and in general seemed to just not care or be bothered. The general manager was dismissive of my concerns and did not even bother to hide the fact that she could not be bothered. There is nothing like trying to talk to someone and they stop paying attention to you and start working on the computer.
I had to move twice while I was there and charged nightly rate instead of my weekly rate during both moves. I did not ask to move, why should I have to pay extra ? The first move took a week for them to get it together which held up the construction crew for renovations.
Asked the front desk for a new coffee maker, did not only not receive a new one, I had to go hunt one down and was only given a pot and told that I could fill it up with coffee form the grab and go bar, as a full coffee maker was not available.
Another occasion I asked for help to open the window - nothing.
The weekly room rate was never the same, each week it was a different amount, when asked how much I would need for upcoming week, was told it would be the same as always. . . which would be. . . ??? (anywhere from 150 to 250$).
Key cards each time it was reset for the next week, I would not be able to get into my room or the building for the matter the next day. On the weeks I offered up the key card to be set, I was told it did not need to be. . . and yet again the very next day I was unable to get in the building or my room because it has expired. The automatic response from them was for me to keep the key card away from my car keys and phone.
I was told by one staff member that he was not going to assist me because he decided I was yelling instead of seeing how much physical pain I was in and on the verge of tears plus the frustration I was experiencing.
Another staff member assigned to clean my room that particular week, unwilling to wait for me to finish getting my stuff together for work, started cleaning in the exact spot where I was trying to get my stuff together. I had to tell her she was holding me up and to start elsewhere or leave and come back in a few minutes. That day very little was cleaned – the bed was made and carpet vacuumed. The bathroom sink and toilet were cleaned but not the tub or the floor. Kitchen was untouch. I take a bath later that day and see mildew in the seam between the wall and tub !!
The staff charged my credit card even after expressing my concerns and asking them not to.
When I had lost track of time to extend another week, I was called and told I needed to vacate and that I was causing issues. The general manager demanding me to immediately return and vacate the room and upset when I would not comply. I told her I would be in later to pay for another night – that’s when I was told I was causing problems and she had to say to “NO” to someone who wanted the room. Which reminds me I had asked for my stay to be extended to Aug just before the moves and renovations started.
The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because I had NOWHERE else to go except for my Jeep, and its summer ! I went to the Biltmore location because of the location, and was going to transfer to the Scottsdale location hoping for better service, but then while moving I managed to bust the door stopper and when told I had to pay $70 for repair I told them I needed a bill as that was incredibly excessive. Now considering the extra charges (daily room rate vs weekly- multiple times) I suggest they revise the billing to reflect the weekly rate and will see that they have received more than the $70 to fix the door stopper.
When leaving to get final billing, two of the staff member start speaking in a foreign language as if I was not even standing there.
I am not scum of the earth, I am someone however trying to rebuild my life and back on my feet and all they did was add more stress. I’m sorry but this was one of the worst experiences I have ever had and will share with everyone my experience and send them elsewhere. . . unless they of course are into being treated badly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed to read that you received such poor service from my staff. Please accept my apologies that they were not able to adequately assist you with your key or in your requests for a coffee maker. These issues are unacceptable. I am so sorry that you encountered such rudeness and that my staff did not make you feel at home, as they should have. As well, I apologize for the billing issues and confusion you encountered during your stay. I will be meeting with my front desk staff to ensure that we are better assisting and explaining our billing process with guests. I am also disappointed to read that you experienced cleanliness issues in your room after it had been tended to by housekeeping. Please know that I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards and procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, please know that I will be meeting with our entire staff to discuss customer service standards to ensure that your experience with poor service at our hotel does not happen again. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at pbi@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Lenox, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My little apartment at Extended Stay America was perfect!
It was clean, comfortable bed, delicious pool and hot tub and well equipped kitchen.

The grab and go breakfast had delicious chocolate cup cakes. It was close to airport which is a plus.

I would choose this place to stay for a few days. I only needed it for one night because I was flying out the next morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our free grab-and-go breakfast and our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Where do I begin....

If I could give this hotel a "Zero" I would!

First, I was given the wrong room keys inadvertently by the front desk clerk when I checked in. When I went upstairs to my assigned room, I was shocked to see someone else in my room sleeping and with their personal belongings everywhere. Fortunately, they were sound asleep, or it could have gotten ugly.

Second, the hallways and room smelled like a cigar lounge. It was so bad, that me and other guests put towels at the base of their doors to block the smoke from entering their rooms.

Third, the linens I was given for the pullout couch were atrocious. The blanket was actually a rough bed pad and the sheets were for a Queen Bed and did not fit. I was told that they were sold out for the night and that was the best they could do. Needless to stay, the sheets did not stay on the pullout couch and fell to the floor many times during the night.

For a two night stay, we tried to stay away from our room at the hotel as much as we could. We spent a total of nine hours in the room during a 48 hour stay. Pretty pathetic hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the odors and level of cleanliness that you experienced during your stay. I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Also, I am disappointed to hear about the issues you experienced during the check-in process and I will meet with our front desk personal to review our guest protocol.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me directly at, ppi2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was going to a two day conference and needed a place close to Grand Canyon University. I was looking for value first and usually won't search for less than a three star rating. After looking at photos and past reviews I decided to take a chance on a less than 3. When I arrived they told me the wifi had been "cut" and they were waiting for it to come back on. Thankfully it did since I was going to a paperless conference and needed to choose my sessions. I called down to get a wake up call. The phone was dead. That must have been "cut" too. Like other reviewers I noticed the chipped laminate in the bathroom. I requested a non smoking room and when I got inside, I noticed my eyes were starting to itch. I saw that some rooms had a plaque that said non smoking and mine did not. When I went down to the desk I inquired. She said that the whole second floor was non smoking. I turned up my air and let that circulate the air so I wasn't so stuffy. When I described the hotel to a friend, she offered the word "tired." That is it. There was some potential but the whole place needs an uplift. Positives: close to GCU, close to Biltmore Fashion Park, close to freeway, newer laminate floor, newer carpet, bed was comfortable, size was small but adequate. I was surprised that I did not get any housekeeping services. Nothing...not even a bed made. I'm not sure why. That is one of the perks of saying at a hotel...someone else makes your bed and picks up your towels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tehran, Iran
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

not clean, poor service. Bad breakfast actually that was nit breakfast in any way, I reserved non smoking room but I got smoking room with horrible smell ,my wife was very mad and we start our vacation with great dissapoinment,please put more facts about your hotel on website. I will never try this experience again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you were placed in a smoking room after requesting a non-smoking room. As well, I apologize that our customer service, the cleanliness of your room, and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated in the future. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me, at pbi@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.
Tupelo, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My hubby and I stayed here for a week in January. While it's not an upscale place, as the "Biltmore" name might suggest, it was still adequate for our needs. The room was clean and comfortable. Some of the furniture was really starting to show some wear with missing drawer pulls, chipped laminate, and the like, but it was all clean. The bathroom was clean and adequate. The kitchen was fine, we cooked several meals there, using the basic utensils and dishes they provided.

I used the fitness facility once. It's very basic with a treadmill and an elliptical machine, and it's in the laundry room. We didn't use the pool or the hot tub, but I saw a couple of people in the hot tub one night, so it must have been functional.

The room was pretty quiet, we were on the second floor. The bed was too hard for my taste, but the hubby said it was fine for him. The heat and air worked fine, as did the TV.
Best thing about this Extended Stay is the location. Easy access to freeway, and lots of good restaurants and shopping close by. Not so sure I would go out walking alone at night, however, but that's just me.

If you aren't looking for something upscale and need to save a few bucks, then this place is fine. I would probably stay here again in the same circumstances.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location and your fully equipped kitchen. As well, it’s great to hear that you found your stay to be clean and comfortable overall. Still, I apologize that the condition of some of your furniture was unsatisfactory. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore? Share your experiences!