“Home away from home (plus pool)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore

You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5235 N. 16th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #116 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Lenox, Massachusetts
“Home away from home (plus pool)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My little apartment at Extended Stay America was perfect!
It was clean, comfortable bed, delicious pool and hot tub and well equipped kitchen.

The grab and go breakfast had delicious chocolate cup cakes. It was close to airport which is a plus.

I would choose this place to stay for a few days. I only needed it for one night because I was flying out the next morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our free grab-and-go breakfast and our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Where do I begin....

If I could give this hotel a "Zero" I would!

First, I was given the wrong room keys inadvertently by the front desk clerk when I checked in. When I went upstairs to my assigned room, I was shocked to see someone else in my room sleeping and with their personal belongings everywhere. Fortunately, they were sound asleep, or it could have gotten ugly.

Second, the hallways and room smelled like a cigar lounge. It was so bad, that me and other guests put towels at the base of their doors to block the smoke from entering their rooms.

Third, the linens I was given for the pullout couch were atrocious. The blanket was actually a rough bed pad and the sheets were for a Queen Bed and did not fit. I was told that they were sold out for the night and that was the best they could do. Needless to stay, the sheets did not stay on the pullout couch and fell to the floor many times during the night.

For a two night stay, we tried to stay away from our room at the hotel as much as we could. We spent a total of nine hours in the room during a 48 hour stay. Pretty pathetic hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the odors and level of cleanliness that you experienced during your stay. I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Also, I am disappointed to hear about the issues you experienced during the check-in process and I will meet with our front desk personal to review our guest protocol.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me directly at, ppi2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was going to a two day conference and needed a place close to Grand Canyon University. I was looking for value first and usually won't search for less than a three star rating. After looking at photos and past reviews I decided to take a chance on a less than 3. When I arrived they told me the wifi had been "cut" and they were waiting for it to come back on. Thankfully it did since I was going to a paperless conference and needed to choose my sessions. I called down to get a wake up call. The phone was dead. That must have been "cut" too. Like other reviewers I noticed the chipped laminate in the bathroom. I requested a non smoking room and when I got inside, I noticed my eyes were starting to itch. I saw that some rooms had a plaque that said non smoking and mine did not. When I went down to the desk I inquired. She said that the whole second floor was non smoking. I turned up my air and let that circulate the air so I wasn't so stuffy. When I described the hotel to a friend, she offered the word "tired." That is it. There was some potential but the whole place needs an uplift. Positives: close to GCU, close to Biltmore Fashion Park, close to freeway, newer laminate floor, newer carpet, bed was comfortable, size was small but adequate. I was surprised that I did not get any housekeeping services. Nothing...not even a bed made. I'm not sure why. That is one of the perks of saying at a hotel...someone else makes your bed and picks up your towels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tehran, Iran
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

not clean, poor service. Bad breakfast actually that was nit breakfast in any way, I reserved non smoking room but I got smoking room with horrible smell ,my wife was very mad and we start our vacation with great dissapoinment,please put more facts about your hotel on website. I will never try this experience again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you were placed in a smoking room after requesting a non-smoking room. As well, I apologize that our customer service, the cleanliness of your room, and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated in the future. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me, at pbi@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.
Tupelo, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My hubby and I stayed here for a week in January. While it's not an upscale place, as the "Biltmore" name might suggest, it was still adequate for our needs. The room was clean and comfortable. Some of the furniture was really starting to show some wear with missing drawer pulls, chipped laminate, and the like, but it was all clean. The bathroom was clean and adequate. The kitchen was fine, we cooked several meals there, using the basic utensils and dishes they provided.

I used the fitness facility once. It's very basic with a treadmill and an elliptical machine, and it's in the laundry room. We didn't use the pool or the hot tub, but I saw a couple of people in the hot tub one night, so it must have been functional.

The room was pretty quiet, we were on the second floor. The bed was too hard for my taste, but the hubby said it was fine for him. The heat and air worked fine, as did the TV.
Best thing about this Extended Stay is the location. Easy access to freeway, and lots of good restaurants and shopping close by. Not so sure I would go out walking alone at night, however, but that's just me.

If you aren't looking for something upscale and need to save a few bucks, then this place is fine. I would probably stay here again in the same circumstances.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location and your fully equipped kitchen. As well, it’s great to hear that you found your stay to be clean and comfortable overall. Still, I apologize that the condition of some of your furniture was unsatisfactory. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a great hotel if you are looking forward to poor customer service and and an uncomfortable stay. While I am normally an optimist, I would be hard pressed to report anything positive about this stay, other than its length was only several days rather than a week or more. My families rooms were split between two different wings of the hotel, even though the second room was for minor children. the AC worked sporadically but the sink dripped continually. The non-smoking room was clearly not, with the heavy smell of stale smoke on everything and cigarette burns around the room. The bed(s) in both rooms were super uncomfortable but sleeping on the floor was not an option due to the filthy carpeting. The condition of the couch was so dirty we needed to use blankets we brought with us to sit on it. The staff was completely detached and non-responsive to the needs of the guests. When we ask for a clean blanket we were told none were available as the laundry was backed up. I will never stay here again. Good luck!

Room Tip: Cancel the reservation and book somewhere else.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here for a night during a spring training visit last week before moving onto my friend's spot in Tempe. I booked on Hotwire and got a very low rate, so wasn't expecting much, and that was the case.

Was greeted by a very friendly front desk person (AA woman if a manager is reading) but when I got to my room the stench of cigs/grime/dirt/40years hit me. I am not a clean freak at all but the carpet had numerous stains on it and the stench was so bad not even opening the windows helped.

The complimentary breakfast is little more than a snack bar, but the fruit was reasonably fresh and the coffee wasn't awful, so that was fine.

TV had a decent selection and bed was fine, shower had nice hot water which is a key point for any stay imo.

The pool area was pretty nice and when I was out there getting some much needed sun I pretty much had the place to myself. Hot tub was clean and in good working order.

Location is good, was a 25 dollar cab ride (the cabbie was grumpy and rude, but that's another story) from the airport and there are plenty of food and drink options around. The 24 hour diner across the street wasn't bad, although wasn't great either. The dive "wineburger" down on Camelback is a fun spot to check out if you're into burgers and/or dive bars.

I wanted to give it 2.5 stairs for "fair" or "adequate" but since that wasn't an option and felt it was closer to "poor" then "good" overall.

If you're looking for a cheap place for a night or two in a decent location this spot will work fine but I shudder to think at having to stay here for a week or (ugh) a month.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Matt – I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and our friendly staff. Still, I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional comments, please reach out to me at pbi2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore? Share your experiences!