“Great Value and Location for the Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5235 N. 16th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #132 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Great Value and Location for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We paid $41.97 for one night at this hotel via a travel discount website (one of those that doesn't tell you the name of the hotel until you pay). We were quite happy with the room, and the Camelback Corridor location is a great, centrally located part of town. Our room was perfectly clean and quiet (our room faced poolside). I'm not sure what other people who have reviewed this property have paid, but I've gotta say we also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Scottsdale during this trip at nearly twice the price of this place and were not nearly as pleased.

Room Tip: Ask for poolside. Camelback can be noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the cleanliness of our guest room and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. Also, I am happy to hear that you found our rates to be affordable and suited your needs.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
SoCal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Looks fine from the outside, but don't be fooled. The hotel common areas were fairly dirty. Trash on stairs, bags of trash stored in stairwell, ashtrays filthy in common areas, dog crap on grass in back of hotel. You get the picture.

However, the carpet in the room itself was the worst part. It was disgusting!!! It was sticky in several places and desperately needed to be cleaned.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
"Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the carpet in your room and the trash in the common areas. In response to your feedback, I am coaching all members of my staff to ensure these issues do not repeat themselves. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at pbi@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area."
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm still living at this hotel and so far so good...Service is great, staff is very helpful...I was moved from one room to another because of a minor issue without any delay or problem...I would stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Guadalupe - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our staff has been helpful. I apologize that you had to move rooms; however, I am glad we were able to accommodate the switch, and that we did so in a timely fashion.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

First of all, the front door key pass doesn't work. There's a phone outside to call someone - but the problem is nobody answers the phone. After sitting on hold for twenty minutes, I started to knock (then bang) on the front door. Finally another guest was tired of hearing the banging on the front door and came down to open it for me. I don't care how cheap the price is - it's not worth it!! When I finally got to my room, I called the front desk - again no answer. The sign at the front desk says "back in 10 minutes" - yeah right. I'm writing this review hoping that someone will read it and either staff the front desk or fix the key pass. Guests shouldn't need to help each other out because there's no staff. I'm anxious to see if tomorrow I'll be washing my own sheets?!? As I sit here in the dark (oh yeah, I forgot to mention, there are no light bulbs in the lamps), I'm setting the alarm on my phone because the clock doesn't work. My advice - spend the extra $5 and stay someplace else.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you were unable to get into the hotel and that the bedside lamps in your room did not have light bulbs. I am working with the maintenance staff now to ensure the phone to our Lobby is working properly and the light bulbs are replaced. As well, our housekeeping policy is to clean rooms for stays of 7 or more days, and continue to do so once a week. In between you can request additional service or exchange dirty linens at the front desk.

Tacoma, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Good news was the location and the pool and to be fair, the room was clean and slightly updated. The kitchen was a joke. We chose an "Extended Stay" so we could cook some of our own meals and save some money. This was not possible with the pan and utensils that were provided. They did not even provide a large salad bowl to make a family sized salad. We even had to ask for a different toaster because the one in the room was smoking from burnt cheese inside. There was a dog barking in the room down the hall which was very annoying. They advertise an "on the go" breakfast, which is only apples, coffee and granola bar. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: None recommended.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the kitchen was not to your satisfaction and that the toaster had cheese in it . In response to your feedback, I am going to ensure housekeeping is trained on the proper ways of cleaning and stocking the rooms. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thanks again.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The good news: convenient location. efficient check-in, large room, bargain rate through Travelocity Top secret

Bad news: the room was badly in need of maintenance. The cabinets in the kitchen were disgusting. They're cheap-o cabinets, and the plastic veneer was chipped off in may places. Worse than a Section-8 reject apartment. "Grab and go breakfast": Are they kidding?? A granola bar and an apple are "breakfast?"

Pet Peeve: When the make up the bed, why can't the housekeepers look at the alarm clock by the side of the bed and make sure it is plugged in, and showing the correct time???? Why! Why! Why!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Rusty - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the level of cleanliness in your room did not meet our company's standards and the alarm clock was not set to the accurate time. In response to your feedback, I am going to ensure every room has a working alarm clock and the time is set correctly. As well, I am working with my staff on cleaning techniques and how to perform a good inspection prior to guests checking into the room.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Beds are too small, not enough kitchen utensils, closet doors would not shut all the way and I had to remove my dog from the property and board him elsewhere because he was barking too loud and they would only refund the dog surcharge for the last night there....otherwise it was a great experience....lol

• Stayed April 2013
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had to remove your dog from the property. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at pbi@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore? Share your experiences!