“Not the greatest experience.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5235 N. 16th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #135 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
“Not the greatest experience.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Beds are too small, not enough kitchen utensils, closet doors would not shut all the way and I had to remove my dog from the property and board him elsewhere because he was barking too loud and they would only refund the dog surcharge for the last night there....otherwise it was a great experience....lol

• Stayed April 2013
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had to remove your dog from the property. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at pbi@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Just checked in at 9 pm. scary entrance way. no one at desk. i called and called. filthy carpet in hall. broken fixtures. they are trying to charge extra. awful. i like the Extended Stay up on 17 in phoenix. thought this place would be similar but it is a horrible embarrassment and i don't feel safe.

• Stayed April 2013
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the hallways were dirty. In response to your feedback, I am going to personally inspect the hallways for cleanliness. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Yuma, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Upon checking in, the hall and the room itself had a strong odor of cigarette smoke and also the room smelled moldy. The stovetop and the ice maker did not work and there were several spots on the cabinets that were peeling away. The carpeted floor was filthy and quickly turned white socks black. The couch was very dated and needed cleaning as well. The TV was nice but if you turned it at all the picture became fuzzy since the cable was simply dangling and not actually attached via the proper male/female connectors. we stuck to only packaged items on the continental breakfast since the fruit was small and shriveled and was returned to the table ever day we were there. Since it was an extended stay hotel, it was out responsibility to remove our trash to receptacles in the stairwells. These however, were often overflowing and contributing to the general stinkiness of the place.

The bed was comfortable but we would have moved to another hotel immediately but our options were limited due to all the hotels being booked up for spring training. The hotel staff was polite but when I commented that the stay was "very sub-par" the clerk did not follow up or even comment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The fruit in the breakfast, the carpet in the room and the problems with the TV you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am going to personally inspect the fruit at the breakfast, and ensure carpet cleanings and TVs are being kept up. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. I invite you to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Brookings, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Room was good for our needs could have used some maintenance and kitchen could have been more equipped. Staff for the most part was very friendly and accomodating . Stayed for a week no room service when asked was told only get room service. If you stayed 8. Or more nights. Had to go and exchange towels get toiletries and vaccum myself. Overall would stay again close to airport and ball fields.

Room Tip: Rooms were clean but hallways and front office carpets could use a good cleaning. Staff was pleasant...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful to you. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The pricing is good, but the room was really tired around the edges. The carpet needs to be replaced. The shower was cold, although fixed by management eventually. The breakfast was mediocre. Yes, it's pre-packaged but there are better choices.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. I invite you to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Lincoln, NE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We checked in very late for a 5-night stay and by the time we got into our room knew that we could not stay the next 4-nites here.

Nice building, helpful & pleasant nite clerk, relatively clean and small but sufficient rooms. Great location, they welcome pets for an added fee and the $82 rate was best we found.

But the halls and our NON-Smoking smelled strongly of tobacco smoke, the sofa-bed our daughter was to sleep on had a terrible mattress and the clean sheets they gave us were old and there were no clean blankets.

Best thing they could do is turn this into a SMOKING-ONLY hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed there 3-3-13 and checked out 3-5-13. We had a very nice comfortable stay there. The staff, Haley, Heather, Michael and Shirley were great to my wife and I. We have no complaints of the rooms or the staff. Our room was clean comfortable and very nice to stay in. The bed was comfortable and clean.The staff (listed above) we dealt with are very knowleadgeable and very nice. We will stay there again when we are back in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled to hear that our staff was helpful during your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore? Share your experiences!