“Bad smells, smoking on a non-smoking floor, room in disrepair” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5235 N. 16th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #133 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Yuma, Arizona
“Bad smells, smoking on a non-smoking floor, room in disrepair”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Upon checking in, the hall and the room itself had a strong odor of cigarette smoke and also the room smelled moldy. The stovetop and the ice maker did not work and there were several spots on the cabinets that were peeling away. The carpeted floor was filthy and quickly turned white socks black. The couch was very dated and needed cleaning as well. The TV was nice but if you turned it at all the picture became fuzzy since the cable was simply dangling and not actually attached via the proper male/female connectors. we stuck to only packaged items on the continental breakfast since the fruit was small and shriveled and was returned to the table ever day we were there. Since it was an extended stay hotel, it was out responsibility to remove our trash to receptacles in the stairwells. These however, were often overflowing and contributing to the general stinkiness of the place.

The bed was comfortable but we would have moved to another hotel immediately but our options were limited due to all the hotels being booked up for spring training. The hotel staff was polite but when I commented that the stay was "very sub-par" the clerk did not follow up or even comment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The fruit in the breakfast, the carpet in the room and the problems with the TV you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am going to personally inspect the fruit at the breakfast, and ensure carpet cleanings and TVs are being kept up. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. I invite you to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brookings, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Room was good for our needs could have used some maintenance and kitchen could have been more equipped. Staff for the most part was very friendly and accomodating . Stayed for a week no room service when asked was told only get room service. If you stayed 8. Or more nights. Had to go and exchange towels get toiletries and vaccum myself. Overall would stay again close to airport and ball fields.

Room Tip: Rooms were clean but hallways and front office carpets could use a good cleaning. Staff was pleasant...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful to you. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The pricing is good, but the room was really tired around the edges. The carpet needs to be replaced. The shower was cold, although fixed by management eventually. The breakfast was mediocre. Yes, it's pre-packaged but there are better choices.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. I invite you to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Lincoln, NE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We checked in very late for a 5-night stay and by the time we got into our room knew that we could not stay the next 4-nites here.

Nice building, helpful & pleasant nite clerk, relatively clean and small but sufficient rooms. Great location, they welcome pets for an added fee and the $82 rate was best we found.

But the halls and our NON-Smoking smelled strongly of tobacco smoke, the sofa-bed our daughter was to sleep on had a terrible mattress and the clean sheets they gave us were old and there were no clean blankets.

Best thing they could do is turn this into a SMOKING-ONLY hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed there 3-3-13 and checked out 3-5-13. We had a very nice comfortable stay there. The staff, Haley, Heather, Michael and Shirley were great to my wife and I. We have no complaints of the rooms or the staff. Our room was clean comfortable and very nice to stay in. The bed was comfortable and clean.The staff (listed above) we dealt with are very knowleadgeable and very nice. We will stay there again when we are back in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled to hear that our staff was helpful during your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We had 2 rooms for the 2-11-2013, and we checked in at 8 at night. We got our keys to the room on the third floor. When we open the door we sew the room was occupied by someone alse. We got scared closed the door right away . We went down stairs to front desk and we told the young man " hey you gave us a room that's all ready occupied and that's not good" the young man front desk said " hey man I just work hear" we were baffled of his response and we ran for our life. The hotel smelled really bad, there was towels on the floor on the third floor by the elevator. I have worked in high qulitey hotel and cheap hotels but never ever sew hotel would give a guest wrong keys to a occupied room. That's not safe at all. What if the person in that room got scared and had a gun and shoot us. What if a person was sleeping and got robbed. We got so so scared we did not even want to check the second room. I hope that we get our money back. We never used the rooms , nor did we stepped in the first room we opened. This place is not safe at all for anyone.

• Stayed February 2013
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am personally spending time with each and every employee to ensure this does not happen again. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've stayed at a lot of cheap hotels in my life, but they all met the minimun standard that they were clean and I felt safe. The Extended Stay America is the first place I've ever stayed where neither standard was met. We stayed the weekend before Christmas - the room and hallway was filthy (my dog kept trying to eat things off of the carpet). The room smelled like B.O. and smoke. There were huge hairballs in the "clean" towels and dried blood streaks on the shower curtain. Best of all, at 2am, a random man walked right into our room. Thankfully we had a dog with us to alert us. I reported this to the front desk the next morning, who replied, "maybe it was the cleaning staff?" Not at 2am. Since we didn't know who they would give our room key to when we weren't there, we have to load up all of our stuff in the car every day. We never heard back from the management about an apology or even an explaination.

My husband owes me a really nice trip after a few nights there. Awful!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that the linens in your room were not clean and that somebody came in to your room . Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is all going to be retrained in security and cleanliness by myself. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore? Share your experiences!