“If you are a SMOKER with a DOG this would be a great place to stay.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5235 N. 16th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #132 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
Lincoln, NE
“If you are a SMOKER with a DOG this would be a great place to stay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We checked in very late for a 5-night stay and by the time we got into our room knew that we could not stay the next 4-nites here.

Nice building, helpful & pleasant nite clerk, relatively clean and small but sufficient rooms. Great location, they welcome pets for an added fee and the $82 rate was best we found.

But the halls and our NON-Smoking smelled strongly of tobacco smoke, the sofa-bed our daughter was to sleep on had a terrible mattress and the clean sheets they gave us were old and there were no clean blankets.

Best thing they could do is turn this into a SMOKING-ONLY hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. I invite you to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed there 3-3-13 and checked out 3-5-13. We had a very nice comfortable stay there. The staff, Haley, Heather, Michael and Shirley were great to my wife and I. We have no complaints of the rooms or the staff. Our room was clean comfortable and very nice to stay in. The bed was comfortable and clean.The staff (listed above) we dealt with are very knowleadgeable and very nice. We will stay there again when we are back in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled to hear that our staff was helpful during your stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We had 2 rooms for the 2-11-2013, and we checked in at 8 at night. We got our keys to the room on the third floor. When we open the door we sew the room was occupied by someone alse. We got scared closed the door right away . We went down stairs to front desk and we told the young man " hey you gave us a room that's all ready occupied and that's not good" the young man front desk said " hey man I just work hear" we were baffled of his response and we ran for our life. The hotel smelled really bad, there was towels on the floor on the third floor by the elevator. I have worked in high qulitey hotel and cheap hotels but never ever sew hotel would give a guest wrong keys to a occupied room. That's not safe at all. What if the person in that room got scared and had a gun and shoot us. What if a person was sleeping and got robbed. We got so so scared we did not even want to check the second room. I hope that we get our money back. We never used the rooms , nor did we stepped in the first room we opened. This place is not safe at all for anyone.

• Stayed February 2013
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am personally spending time with each and every employee to ensure this does not happen again. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've stayed at a lot of cheap hotels in my life, but they all met the minimun standard that they were clean and I felt safe. The Extended Stay America is the first place I've ever stayed where neither standard was met. We stayed the weekend before Christmas - the room and hallway was filthy (my dog kept trying to eat things off of the carpet). The room smelled like B.O. and smoke. There were huge hairballs in the "clean" towels and dried blood streaks on the shower curtain. Best of all, at 2am, a random man walked right into our room. Thankfully we had a dog with us to alert us. I reported this to the front desk the next morning, who replied, "maybe it was the cleaning staff?" Not at 2am. Since we didn't know who they would give our room key to when we weren't there, we have to load up all of our stuff in the car every day. We never heard back from the management about an apology or even an explaination.

My husband owes me a really nice trip after a few nights there. Awful!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that the linens in your room were not clean and that somebody came in to your room . Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is all going to be retrained in security and cleanliness by myself. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Ventura, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

They need to remove Deluxe from the title and change it to mediocre! If you pay more then $25 you will be disappointed. We bid on a hotel and this was what we got. It's like staying in a dirty studio apartment! People live here and it's kind of weird. Everything is old and needs updating from the bedspreads to the tiny computer desk even the mattress is cheap and uncomfortable. It is actual the equivalent of a hostel or dorm room. Free breakfast was very minimal. But, if you want to save $$ and it's only a night then go for it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the beds were uncomfortable. To prevent this from happening again, we have replaced all of our mattresses with new pillow top beds. I want to thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a work related visit and my first visit to Phoenix. I checked in yesterday for a week and just couldn't stop myself from writing this review.

This is an excellent hotel to stay in terms of both value and customer service. I had asked for an early check-in of 1 pm and they gladly gave me one. I asked for a room with the view of the hills :-) and I got one. I asked for some toiletries and the nice and pretty lady at the reception gladly gave me a bag full of goodies including toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, soap, razors, comb, etc.

The studio room was in an excellent condition with microwave, refrigerator, stovetop, utensils, iron, television, dvd player, etc. The hotel offers free wifi with great speed and you can watch videos without any buffering issues.The hotel has free coffee, bagel and fruits for breakfast every morning during the weekdays. There is also a beautiful pool although I haven't used it so far. I have also been told that they have an on-site laundry and fitness center although I haven't been there yet.

My only constructive feedback so far would be to have a 24 hour free coffee for the guests in the lobby area.

The hotel gets 5 stars for the great value and excellent customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the hills.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you have found every thing to your satisfaction. I will be sharing your great review with my wonderful staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Frankly the Extended Stay wasn't my first choice but my company made the arrangements without any advice from me. But, I've stayed in them before and was generally satisfied with the brand. Unfortunately, this hotel was not on par with the others I've stayed in.

I checked in on a Saturday at approximately 3:00PM. Fairly painless and quickly received my key. I went to the room and was met with a suite that was still dirty from the previous guest. Just a note here...there is no reason for guests to trash out their room. Show some respect for the room attendants! Anyway, I trooped back to the front desk, told her the room hadn't been clean yet and requested a new one. She quickly assigned me a new room, gave me the keys and off I went. Got into the room and noticed there wasn't a bedspread on the bed...just the sheets. Off to the front desk again and told the employee there wasn't a bedspread on the bed. She was obviously embarrassed and took me into the laundry room and gave me one.

I did a quick inspection the room to make sure everything worked. No problems there. The new flat screen TV was great. The "kitchen" area needed some work...the cabinets were chipped quite a bit and the front laminate was peeling and bubbling. But, the room was clean and I was just spending a week there.

Over the next 7 days I noticed some other issues:

1. Ran out of toilet paper (just the one roll that was already in the bathroom on the dispenser). Searched all over for some more but that was it. A single roll. Went to the front desk to visit my new friends there and they gave me a new roll (just one...we don't want to break the budget.)

2. Although the "kitchen" was equipped with dishes and pots and pans there wasn't any soap to clean them. Kind of makes you wonder how clean the dishes were...probably just rinsed.

3. The rug either needs replacement or at least re-stretched.

4. This next issue is scary. I locked myself out of the room and had to go to the front desk to obtain a new one. I hadn't dealt with the employee who was at the desk. Anyway, I told her I locked myself out and could I have another key. Although I was prepared to offer ID to prove I was the occupant, she didn't ask for it. Just gave me the key. This is a dangerous practice and opens the hotel up to lawsuits if a guest is assaulted because the clerk didn't take the time to confirm my identity. I could have been someone off the street. This is wrong on so many levels!

Anyway, I checked out at the end of my stay. I wouldn't stay here again for several reasons other than number 4 above...although the clerks were helpful at the front desk none of them obviously knew how to smile or greet a guest. The act of a friendly greeting was a foreign concept to them. This hotel obviously has a leadership problem. I suggest a supervisor spot checks rooms before releasing them to new guests. Simple things like making sure there is a supply of toilet paper (this would have been a real problem if I discovered the lack of paper after 10:30PM when the desk is unmanned), make sure there is dish soap and check the general condition of the room and note items for repair. The kitchen cabinets were beyond tacky. For management, check out room 111 for a visual of what I'm talking about.

On the up-side, the location of the hotel is great. Everything you could possibly need (toilet paper?) is within two or three miles. Parking is plentiful and free and the area where the hotel is situated appears safe.

Room Tip: Nothing comes to mind except the photographs of the room available at this hotel don't seem to m...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you encountered so many issues with your stay. Please accept my apology. I am going to personally ensure that my staff is aware of the issues you encountered with your stay with us such as no extra toilet paper, not checking ID ,as well as checking you into a dirty room does not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pbi@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Biltmore? Share your experiences!