“way too expensive for what you paid for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix Biltmore

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix Biltmore to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix Biltmore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2630 East Camelback, Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Camelback East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Choose Your Savings
Ranked #53 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Los Angeles, United States
“way too expensive for what you paid for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

old, smelly and not clean.. couldn't wait to leave. the staff at check in could not be too bothered, the room was filty and you could see dust collecting in the corners and the windows hadn't been cleaned in ages. the bathroom was small, and the shower was even smaller and impossible to get in and out of without hitting the toilet. the carpetting was sticky and the suite sitting area had dark and uninviting furniture you didnt want to sit in because it was hard to see if they were clean enough.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Marjan D,
Please accept my apologies for the completely unacceptable experience you had at our hotel. I am especially upset that our staff did not respond appropriately to your concerns.
There is no excuse for your room not being clean. I would like to speak with you personally about your stay. Please contact me at your convenience. I can be reached at 602-553-8179.
Valarie Miceli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Phoenix Biltmore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The government agency paying for my stay chose this hotel and I couldn't have been happier. The made to order breakfasts were amazing and the complimentary cocktails every evening with snacks was over the top. I usually LOVE Residence Inns and this hotel, I must say was better.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay.
I hope will will see you again soon!

Scottsdale, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hotel room appeared to be clean and beds were comfortable. Carpets need to be replaced and there is a bit of a moldy smell. Staff is very nice. Rooms are spacious. I think they are due for a renovation of paint, carpets...

Boulder, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

First stay at this property, which is in a great centralized location that makes it easy to reach clients in downtown Phoenix, as well as Scottsdale. It’s a mature property, but is immaculately maintained and has been updated. Wifi connection was fast and reliable. The suite was quite nice, and surprisingly quiet, given that it overlooked the pool area. Unlike other hotels, I really enjoyed being able to open the balcony doors to get some fresh air on a beautiful fall evening. Evening reception was great, as was breakfast. Overall, an ideal stay.

Richmond, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Poor bathroom design, nasty breakfast, and noise from jackhammer was offset by nice steak dinner, comfortable bed and pleasant staff. There is a nearby disc golf course which was very convenient for a morning workout and great access to shopping and my meetings.

Dear Mark L,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced due to noise. I am also very sorry you were unhappy with your breakfast. If it is convenient for you, I would like to speak with you about your stay so that I can understand more specifically what happened and take steps to prevent those problems in the future. I can be reached at valarie.miceli@hilton.com or 602-553-8179.
Heber, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is impressive. The front desk staff is personable & bright. They cheerfully accommodated my request for an early check in. A basket of apples and lemon flavored water in the front lobby was an inviting touch.
This hotel has a warm, tropical feel with ponds scattered throughout the large indoor lobby. Companion and I found our way to our well-appointed room. The room was spacious, clean and pretty. The bed was perhaps the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The high end linens were plush and a pleasure to sleep on. A small refrigerator was nice to store some favorite snacks. As we were traveling by car, we had some freezer packs that needed to be iced. The room refrigerator did not have a freezer, but the front desk staff cheerfully found freezer space so the packs would be frozen at check out.
Complimentary breakfast exceeded my expectations. Omelets were cooked to order and options of pancakes, bacon, sausage, hot & cold cereals, and fresh fruits were available.

The petite fitness center was sparkling clean. Treadmills & ellipticals were modern with individual TV’s. Weights were also available.
A small business center was available with free Wi-Fi.

The only slightly negative aspect of this facility was a parking fee of $10.00. I was told it was due to liability.
This is one hotel I would have liked to stay at longer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel. I was attending a conference at another hotel and the Embassy Suites staff drove me in their van to the conference each day. The staff is TERRIFIC!!!!! I had some issues with my original room when I checked in. The front desk staff was on top of it! As soon as I reported the issues, they arranged to move me-even though they were sold out. Throughout my stay Nancy checked on me and my stay.

Without hesitation, I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. And thank you too for recognizing Nancy!
She has been with the hotel for a long time and she does a great job making guests feel welcome.

I hope to see you again soon!!
Valarie Miceli

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix Biltmore? Share your experiences!