“A Another Excellent Made To Order Dinner!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Indian Delhi Palace

Indian Delhi Palace
5104 E Mcdowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85008 (Camelback East)
(602) 244-8181
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: 51st
Maricopa, Arizona
“A Another Excellent Made To Order Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

On March 11, 2013 we decided to have another great meal at the India Delhi Palace. I always read the posted reviews of others to check on how the restaurant is doing. My opinion of any buffet—we never participate in any buffet. We like to order a different level of spice and like our meal prepared for us, served hot temperature wise. Therefore I cannot review any buffet.

Each Indian restaurant that we patronize, the actual level of their use of spices are unknown. We usually start off with mild and in future visits we either decrease or increase the spice level. To date, we have dined at the India Delhi Palace at least ten times. My current level of spice is seven and that seems about right for me. My wife likes it a little less–around 5 or 6, while friends will go for 10+.

We started off with the large KingFisher Beer @ $6.99 that is served with a frozen glass–great way to serve it! I had a diet coke @ $2.50 with refills. My wife ordered the Mixed Grill @ $15.99 that arrived on a sizzling cast iron pan–see photo. I knew the amount of food would be too much for her. I enjoyed the Chicken Tikka Masala–photo in past reviews @ $10.99 at spice level 7 and arrived very hot temperature wise. We also ordered one Garlic Naan bread @ $2.50–it's large so one is usually enough for two diners. An order of Peas Pulaou @ $6.99 was also ordered. Other reviewers claimed the rice & Naan Bread was costly–ok as that was their opinion and not ours.

The cost for our dinner was $45.96 + $4.28tax & $12.00 tip = $62.24. We consider this as reasonable and will dine here many times in the future. I added the prices within my review so that you could consider if the cost was reasonable for a great meal.

• Visited March 2013

Mesa, Arizona
“Overpriced dinner; spice underwhelming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have been here many times before for their lunch buffet, which is well worth the $9. But this is the 1st time we've come for dinner and we were disappointed although the flavors were good. Compared to lunch, they are way overpriced. A dinner for 5 came to over $115. Part of that is because they charge for each plate of rice and each naan you order. The rice does not come with the entree. This is where they make back the money from lunch.

We also asked for a spice level of 10 (0-10) for the lamb vindaloo, and a level of 5 for the chicken saag. Both came out quite timid. The 10 was more like a 5, and the 5 more line a 3. Even Serrano's has more punch to their salsa.

If you are willing to travel to Mesa/Gilbert, the India Oven is a much better deal. They serve a $11 buffet all day, and the food is great.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maricopa, Arizona
“Another Great Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We dined here again but this time with friends who also love Indian food. On December 08, 2012 we arrived at 5:50PM. Parking within their parking lot was great. My wife and I ordered Kingfisher Beers served with a ice cold glass.

My wife ordered Shrimp Korma with a spice level of medium. I ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala also with a spice level of medium. One order of Basmati Rice was ordered. Our meal arrived hot–temperature wise and was excellent. I did steal a shrimp or two from my wife's selection and she stole a piece or two of chicken. The level of spice was great.

See my photos in a previous review. We will return in the near future for another excellent meal.

• Visited December 2012
Phoenix, Az
“Best Indian Buffet (and treated like royalty!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We are repeat customers! The service is excellent, my water was always refilled and the plates were cleared right away. The food is delicious, with many different options including awesome Tandoori chicken. Every single dish is amazing. We love the chicken tikka masala, jasmine rice, lentils, naan, kheer, and the yogurt dressing is so tasty, we could literally drink it. The atmosphere is not only pleasant, but the restaurant inside and out is decorated beautifully. The host/hostess and wait staff are very friendly and welcoming. You will have an excellent experience!

• Visited November 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Tasty and spicy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

First time eating here. The service was smooth, efficient, attentive, but unobtrusive. Kudos to the staff. The menu is complete but not over-extensive. We both ordered The Vegetarian dinner. The Nan was top notch and the vegetables were perfect albeit somewhat dull. I would have it hotter next time. I must commend the Raita which was just slightly tart and more interesting than others I have eaten. The rice was typical but tasty. We also ordered a Mango Lassi and a Banana Shake. Both were delicious. Finally we split a small bowl of Kheer. It was good but not a standout. The establishment is welcoming, neat, and clean.

• Visited October 2012