“Don't take small children here!!!!!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Phoenix Art Museum

Phoenix Art Museum
1625 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85004 (Encanto)
602-257-1222
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 129 attractions in Phoenix
Type: Art Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: One of the largest art museums in the Southwest, the museum houses a permanent collection of some 16,000 works of art spanning the centuries and also includes a popular miniatures collection and a "Please Touch" children's gallery.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
Riverside, California
9 attraction reviews
“Don't take small children here!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This museum is not kid friendly. My husband will not be back again. We took our small children to the museum during the video game attraction, which was alright. However, we had a personal "security" guard follow us throughout the museum. It was very embarrassing! I felt like they were waiting for our children to do something wrong, so they could admonish us for bringing them in the first place. They have a small kid station upstairs with a color center, books, and puzzles, but we were even "stalked" there. PLEASE...take your children to a museum where they will actually feel welcomed!!!!!

Visited July 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
49 attraction reviews
“Top shelf art museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Moved here from New York City, bit of a culture shock however my family was living here for years. Never went to the Art Museum until last fall. I have been back 3 times. Exhibits change and are refreshed. I went here for a few events too.

Visited May 2013
Seattle, WA
36 attraction reviews
“Good museum that's worth the visit...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Liked the selection of works and architecture of this museum. My wife and I have been to many and feel that this one is a good value for the admission. Recommended if you like museums in general.

Visited April 2013
Pittsburgh
5 attraction reviews
“Firefly room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Typical museum, but the firefly room was worth the visit. Traveling arcade exhibit was cool too (my husband loved it). Check their website for free days/times to visit the museum.

Visited July 2013
Henderson, Nevada
8 attraction reviews
“Ooops!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Recently, on a short visit to Phoenix I had hopes of visiting a number of museums over a few days. Frankly, I was put off by the Phoenix Art Museum. Yes, it's easy to get to and parking is free, but they made the decision to put the bookshop after the fee entry station and that's just dumb. I like to use a visit to a museum shop to give me a better idea of the content of the collections and time I'll need to visit them. The free admission day - Wednesdays - may be the way to go. The staff I encountered seemed unfriendly; at least, they were unwilling to stop talking among themselves to ask if I needed information or assistance. I liked the grounds, but I went elsewhere.

Visited August 2013