You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria to your Saves list
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Chinle, Arizona
“jetpro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

It's nice to see a motel that doesn't give you a trashed room because your a smoker! Service was fast and friendly, The room we stayed in for two nights was very clean! And the Bed was very comfortable! The WIFI was free and worked very well compared to most other motels!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your really nice review about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel to be accommodating and the service to be friendly as well as efficient.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

After checking out reviews and knowing what to expect, we were pleased. Got a non-smoking room (thank goodness with my sensitive nose), barely smelled like a smoking facility on the main floor and 2nd floor. They only had an accessible room which was fine and very roomy. However with no counter space, there was hardly any place to put our stuff in bathroom. Soap and towels/washcloths provided but no shampoo/conditioner. Room very clean and in good shape. Bed comfy enough (and Im picky). Used our own pillows. There was a kitchenette with burners, sink and fridge. So
me pans, dishes and silverware and coffee pot. No microwave. "Grab n go" breakfast was coffee, tea, cocoa, instant oatmeal, packaged oatmeal, granola bars and muffins. Also the tiniest apples Ive ever seen. Since we expected it, it was fine. However there were many people there that were very disappointed at the lame offerings. We were there 3 nights and did a load of laundry. Machines were fine, $2 per wash and $2 per dry. Bring your own soap or buy some from them.

We walked to Peoria Sports Complex about 1.5 miles, tons of food options within close walking distance.

We would definitely stay here again.At $70 average per night vs. $180 average per night for La Quinta which is literally RIGHT across from Complex.

• Stayed March 2013
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for you letting future guests know about what we have to offer and what is in our area. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

we reserved a room a month in advance in the greater phoenix area (2102 W. Dunlap Ave. ). we got there and we were told our room had been moved to another location as that location had been sold out. The woman at the counter said we had been "upgraded" she then proceeded to giving us the wrong address of the hotel we were moved to. She sent us 20 minutes in the wrong direction. We then realized there was nothing there, so we went to a homewood suites location (hilton) and they called her back for us to get the correct location (they were more helpful than she was and we werent even staying there). We went to the new address she provided us. It was at 11211 N. Black Canyon Hwy. We drove there, and the lady at the front said we did not have reservations there and that the lady at the other location gave us the wrong address. She then called her, and told her she made a mistake and that our hotel was in peoria. We were given the new correct address which was 12 miles away from our original location. It was at 7345 W. Bell Rd. when we go there the lady said all they had left was a smoking room, and she said we had booked a smoking room. I did not book a smoking room but in any case we had no where to go so we stayed there. No one in any way of help to us. We couldnt understand how it would work if we make a reservation at one location how we could be moved to another location 20 minutes away. My husband and I travel all the time, probably travel to over 20 hotels a year and this has never happend to either of us before. i would never stay at and extended stay hotel again. It was the worst experience for us ever. The room reeked of smoke, the toilet plumbing did not work properly, the internet was very slow had very bad signal, and there was no ice machines. We booked a hot air balloon ride the next morning and had to be there at 5:45, we were late because we got lost due to the change in location of our hotel. We asked for a 12:00 checkout instead of 11:00 as we had got there so late due to all the running around, they then refused us for a later checkout.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the correct address was not given to you and that we had to relocate you to another hotel. I invite you to contact me at csweetsir@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Bay Area, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We booked a one night stay using Expedia but when we arrived we learned from Argelia at the front desk that Expedia had booked a room that wasn't available. Apparently this is a fairly common practice but certainly not the news we wanted to hear. Argelia handled the situation with hospitality, calmness, professionalism, and with good spirits. She somehow managed to find the one remaining room in the hotel for us and turned what could have been a dismal situation into a positive experience. Argelia rocks!

Stayed February 2013
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Extended Stay Peoria. It so nice to hear such great things posted about our staff .We continually strive to provide excellent customer service.I'm thrilled that Argelia deliver such a great service.Thank you again for sharing your experience with us .We look to welcoming you back in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

When i first booked the room the reservationist had told me that they couldnt guarantee me a non smoking room. I checked in on a Friday at about 2pm thinking i would be able to get a non smoking room. Well...i was wrong. They put me in a smoking room on the third floor. The entire third floor is smoking...and it is absolutely disgusting! The minute you step out of the elevator you are blasted with a reeking cigarette smoke smell. I then walked into my room and was blasted again with the reek of smoke! Ashtrays were literally every three feet...gross. I am a non smoker and this was just repulsive to me. it was so bad that I went to the store to buy a glade plug in so I could smell something other than stale cigarette smoke. If that is not bad enough...oh there is more...
The compressor in the refrigerator was so loud rattling on and off constantly, the toilet would fill to a level of almost overflowing and then squeal as it was filling back up, the curtains on the windows reeked of cigarette smoke and looked like burlap potato bags, the bed linens were Old with stains on the sheets and pillow cases, the blanket felt like an old rubber band! the windows were so glazed over with dirt and smoke you could barely see out. Thank goodness the windows opened, because those bad boys were open the entire time to try and get rid of the stench! One positive aspect of this place!
I know that the room was cheaply priced but it is so worth spending the extra 50 bucks to stay somewhere else. At least you know your lungs will later thank you!
I checked with the front desk everyday I was here to see if they had a non smoking room available and they kept telling me they were booked. The parking lot never looked to be of full capacity....so I don't really know if that was the truth! They definitely didn't seem to care....but I am sure I am not the only one who has complained....they are probably resilient to complaints by now.
This place was so bad....I am checking out a day early. I would rather sleep at the airport than this place! If you are a non smoker please take my advice and do not stay here! It really is that bad!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.  I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory.  In response to your feedback, I am addressing the smoking room issue.  I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.  If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pxp@extendedstay.com.  I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is excellent value for very good price (via Expedia). Room had a small nice kitchen. Room was very clean, very good bed, flat screen TV, a lot of space and very quit. Check-in smooth and very friendly. Next time, I am staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our associates made you feel welcome during your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, when your travels bring you back to our area.
South Surrey, British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hi there. We stayed at this place recently and want to say how great it was. It is designed for longer stays but is just as great for short stays. It is like a tiny apartment really. You get a small kitchen equiped with basic dishes. We just picked up some food items to have as snacks as we enjoy eating in restaurants while on vacation...but you could fully cook there if desired. There are lots of restaurants and shopping in immediate area. The ball parks are about a 5 minute drive from the hotel. If you need all the amenities of a regular hotel (poo, gym, breakfast etc) this is not the place for you. But if you just want a nice room and noone bothering you, then this is it. There is no maid service unless you stay 7 days, but you can just take your used towels to the front desk and they will give you new ones. Affordable considering most of the other hotels nearby were far more expensive. Bed was comfy also, flatscreen tv and bathroom was fine. I have read some not so good reviews of this place....which from my experience are untrue. The only bad thing was that the air conditioner was a bit loud at night when it came on. Other than that, it was all good and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were room 203 which was nice and close to the end exit door which took us to the parking lot wher...