“Good resort but...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Buena Park, California
“Good resort but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We visited this place twice so far. The resort is very nice, my kids love swimming in the pool. They have water slide but my kids are too young for that. We weren't too happy with our first stay last year because in the bathroom, the water was dripping from the ceiling so we called but no one came. The water was dripping from the vent on the ceiling so we placed a big towel on the floor. No one ever came and we just got an apology after making a formal complaint. We visited last month again and it was okay. But the staff at the pool bar was very unprofessional. Pool bar is located at the adult only pool so if you have so much to take to the big pool it's a little inconvenient. One of the staffs told me they deliver to the pool but the staff at the pool bar was very rude so I've decided to just take it. First I ordered lunch for my family and my friends. One of the order was missing but he was quite rude in checking the receipt and the order as if I was lying. Then I made a second trip to the pool bar to order whiskey on the rock for my husband and he made me wait for so long. When he got my order finally he made the drinks and told me to wait. And he disappeared for so long as the ice was melting. He was very rude and it felt like he was being a racist. He was laughing and being polite to other guests but to me he just made me wait and wait. I didn't complain but that ruined my day. A nice gentleman noticed I was very pissed off and I guess he told the staff something on his way out because the staff came and apologized and didn't charge me for the drinks. I would rather pay for my orders and get a good service. Getting the free drinks after that unprofessional service certainly didn't make me feel better. The drinks were like water anyway after all that ice melted so my husband threw it away anyway. I would go back to the resort but I wouldn't go back to the pool bar or talk to any other staffs. Please train them!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
BluegreenCares, Manager at Cibola Vista, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hello mjh424,

Thank you for coming back to Cibola Vista. We are glad to hear that overall you liked the resort and swimming pool. We regret to hear that our staff did not make a positive impression. We are thankful for your feedback and would like to learn more about your particular experience. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to share any additional details. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Franksville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed at Cibola November 2013 for our anniversary. Weather was wonderful along with the sites. Never had been to AZ and we had a beautiful time. The room we had was beautiful. Yes there was construction on new building the time we stayed, but it did not bother us. The staff was helpful with suggestions for restaurants and tours. The resort was not heavily attended, so we had plenty of space in the pool and hot tub. Only thing I suggest is the resort build a restaurant on site. Have to travel into town for eating. Would definitely go back and at the same time of year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Dawn S,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed spending time at Cibola Vista for your anniversary! We are glad the staff was helpful with suggesting tours and restaurants. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Connersville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The grounds and idea of the place were terrific. There is a lot of current construction with yellow tape that you have to walk through or around. Staff was not very professional and pool furniture was poor quality for a true "resort". Purchased Coke Zero bottles from resort store and they were not fit for drinking; expired in Sept 2013. Asked for early check-in through reservation but was not permitted to check in. Were told they would call when our room was ready, but never received a call. Room was very nice with balcony and full kitchen. Pools were of good quality. The grounds are truly the reason for the rating and could have been higher if not for the poor customer service.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello bjk0717,

We are happy you were satisfied with your stay at Cibola Vista. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed staying in the room with a balcony and full kitchen. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope you come back soon so we can properly share happiness with outstanding service.
New Bedford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

While visiting family and friends in Phoenix with my daughter and grandson, we needed a hotel in a hurry because of a sudden illness. I found Cibola Vista on my Choice Hotel sight and stayed for free with points, an unexpected delight. We needed to check in very early and they said they had a room and would charge us $50.00 for early check in (10:00 am). We were very grateful and happy to pay the fee. We enjoyed the pool very much only downside was there was not enough umbrellas for shade, it was very hot! I also travel with my retired therapy dog and they allow pets and have a very nice area for pets that is kept very clean! The room had a bedroom with a queen bed and a living area with a fold out couch, both very comfortable. Kitchen had everything needed. Had room service once, good food good service. A lot of shopping and restaurants close enough, nice variety. Look forward to going back!

Hello Jeanine J,

We are happy to hear your stay at Cibola Vista was an unexpected delight. We are happy you enjoyed the pool area and condo-style accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Not too many Arizonans know about this little gem in the desert. Cibola Vista is a timeshare/hotel with a full service spa, two large pools (one for adults), a poolside bar and many other nice features. The units themselves are very well appointed. Having stayed twice, I highly recommend it. We just rented a Queen bed suite that really had everything we needed. The kitchenette is loaded - microwave, dorm refrigerator, oven/stove, all dishes and glassware for 4 people, dishwasher and extras like dish soap, scrubby sponge and extras of trash bags and paper towels. There is a sofa sleeper in the room and a round table with seating for 2. Also a TV tucked in a cabinet. The only thing I didn't like about it was lack of natural light. There is a tiny window near the front door so it seemed cave-like. Bathroom has all the nice things you'd expect and there is a large amoire and closet. The staff are all friendly and helpful. There is a bar near the adult pool with limited hours and a menu with all items available for room service delivery. There is no restaurant on the property (currently getting ready to open Phase III of their development) However, about a mile from the property are lots of restaurant choices (corporate places like Paradise Bakery, Chilis, etc.) AAA discount applies!

Room Tip: Lots of the rooms have patios or balconies...ours did not.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello debschwendler,

Thank you for sharing this complimentary review of your stay at Cibola Vista. We are happy you found our accommodations well-appointed. We love knowing our guests have everything they need. We appreciate your kind remarks about our staff. We hope to have you back soon!
Page, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Was not aware of the new construction. Stayed in Building #8 which we were right over the
construction site out both windows. Was wake up to very heavy construction noise on friday and saturday morning. Asking for a call in this matter at 6am on Friday but had to call again at 5pm to inquire on way I hadnt heard from a supervisor. I asked to be moved to another room but by than there was no availability. The Junior suite had a very old uncomfortable sofa bed in it. and the queen bed felt like it had a broken frame under it. The room seemed to have alot of older furniture and electronics. Did use the big pool, which was very nice.

Room Tip: Dont stay in building #8 while construction is going on.
Hello Sharon G,

Thank you for staying at Cibola Vista and sharing your review. We apologize that you were unaware of the construction on-site and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are committed to the highest standards of quality and would like to learn more about your particular concerns. We invite you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to provide any additional details. Thank you again for your feedback.
Peoria, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife had purchased a spa visit for us for a pedicure, this was at a discounted price. While we were searching for directions on the property we ran into a very friendly person who told us she would take us to the elevator to the 3rd floor, as we exited the elevator we mentioned that we were looking for the spa and she told us she was heading there so she would take us! That was great. We got into the spa and were greeted promptly. The furnishings were very nice looking but the chairs were very uncomfortable. Not what I expected. The spa started promptly on time and the lady that escorted us to the spa was our attendant. She did a great job and was very personable.
Personally I felt that the spa services were a bit overpriced, but for a resort spa, it was probably not too bad. There was only 1 person doing the pedicure, so it took 2 hours. We knew that we were back to back, so we had planned for it, but was a bit of a surprise.
I would recommend this lady at the spa, but for a good value, try somewhere else. Very nice property!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Michael B,

Thank you for sharing your spa experience at Cibola Vista. We appreciate your comments regarding the service you received. We hope to see you again.

Been to Cibola Vista? Share your experiences!