“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband was given a gift certificate for a couple flights here last weekend. He LOVED it SO MUCH that he is now determined to get his license there now. He said he was fortunate to book two flights back to back to get the full experience, since he was learning.

Just know that if you are going along with someone who is NOT flying, they do not offer wifi and have no indoor air-conditioned place to wait. It was great weather when I went, but I can imagine it could be terrible if you're not as lucky.

There is also a really cute cockatoo there named "Bee Bop" who will keep you entertained. :)

Visited August 2013

Springfield, MO
“Put this on your "must do" list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

There are so many things to see and do on a vacation to this part of the country, but Turf Soaring School is a unique experience that should not be missed! The staff is fun, helpful, friendly, and informative. The feeling of gliding over the beautiful Arizona terrain is simply amazing. Because the glider has no engine, the ride has virtually no noise and no vibration. The bubble type window gives you a view in every direction. Before I started my ride I was a bit nervous about it and I was very nervous about sending my kids up, but as soon as we started the ride, all my concerns vanished because the peace, tranquility, and beauty of the experience took over!

Visited July 2013
Anthem, Arizona, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Great People, Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Turf Soaring School is a wonderful place where you can have a wonderful experience! Glider flights are so much fun, as are powered, but with glider flights, you're fighting the very air for more time in the sky. Catch a thermal and rise up to over 3000 feet. The view is incredible, and you get to fly a plane mostly by yourself! Dan, who was my flight instructor, was extremely nice and supportive. I highly recommend Turf Soaring School for anyone who wants a great time with excellent people!

Visited June 2013
Surrey, Canada
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ever since I saw the Imax movie Silent Sky over 30 years ago, I've wanted to go for a glider ride so when I saw the ad for the school, I decided the time had come. I went up in the yellow glider pictured above with a very nice young man. I'm sorry, I don't remember his name. I have to admit I was very nervous. The tow plane slowly took us up higher and higher until we were at 4000 feet. Then I pushed the release button and the tow rope and plane were gone. There we were at 4000 feet in total silence. It was amazing and so peaceful. The view of the desert below us was beautiful, especially since it was late in the afternoon and the sun was starting to set. My biggest concern was the landing but I had no need to worry. It was very smooth. I would definitely do this again, maybe something more adventurous next time. The staff were great and put me at ease. It was a wonderful experience.

Visited November 2012
Fort Mill, South Carolina
16 attraction reviews
“Soaring above the desert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

From the time I called up to book my ride (5000 ft acrobatic) to when we arrived, to going up, everything was handled great! The pilot made us feel very comfortable, was safety-conscious, and the ride was fantastic! Highly recommend this, it's convenient to Phoenix, and we worth it.

Visited April 2013