“awful” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Payson, Arizona
“awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was there two weeks ago and ended up with the worst case of food poison ever. No it was not the flu. I had the hot turkey sandwich and within the hour I was dreadfully sick. Food poison is worse than the flu. I would have called but I am sure they would argue so i just tell my friends Do not eat there!!!!

Visited February 2013

84% Recommend
“Best breakfast in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is exactly what it should be. A place where the local crowd still gathers every morning for breakfast and two people eat for under $20. Amazing homemade biscuits in their biscuits and gravy, great pancakes and HOT coffee. This place took me back in time to what the local cafe/dinner used to be a family and budget friendly place where everyone says hi when you roll in and you stay full all day on a $6 breakfast. Just remember no cards, cash or local check only (they do have an ATM located inside at least) hey I did say it will take you back....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Friday morning breakfast at the counter - great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Its not fine dining but you wont go here for that. Great small local cafe with atmosphere and a tasty breakfast. Sausage gravy, bacon crisp as requested, fiesta breakfast, eggs over easy just right. Don't complain if it's busy or doesn't take plastic. Be glad for the owner, that you escaped McDonalds and that Americana is still alive in Payson.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Keep driving!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Wish I had listened to other review that spoke of waiting longer since he wasn't a local! We sat down and were greeted by a friendly waitress. We ordered our meals, two of the fish specials, a blt, and a corndog. That's when the wait began. The couple seated in the booth next to us 15 minutes after we ordered got their two fish specials and was almost finished by the time our food arrived. When I asked the waitress why they were served first, she replied that they only had the specials. Guess they had to slaughter the pig to get my duaghters corndog (which was obviously premade/frozen) and my bacon! Food was definitely not worth the 40 minutes we waited after placing the order.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Peoria, Arizona
“Great Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We really liked the food and the service was great. The only reason I gave it a four is because they don't take credit cards other wise it was a great place to eat. Home made food.

• Visited November 2012