“Pony rides for the kids” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Payson
31 attraction reviews
“Pony rides for the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Sure you can pony up (get it?) and ride horses, but for the kids? When they have time, the stable hands'll let your little ones ride (guided of course) for about 10 minutes, or 100 yards in a loop around the parking lot.. If they've never been on/around a horse, this is a great first time experience, and tips are appreciated.
*Ask for Socks, the kids love Socks..

Visited March 2014

“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My grandson and I went riding last Saturday (it was a gift I gave him for turning 10) and we had a marvelous time. Our guide Lance was funny, informative and fun. They gave us carrots and apples to feed the horses. We were the last ride of the day so we watched them take off their bridles and saddles and give them their food. They take excellent care of their horses. Thanks for a memorable ride!

Visited March 2014
“Kohl's Ranch Lodge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We booked a week at Kohl's Resort Lodge & were really looking forward to being at a resort with horseback riding on the premises. When I called ahead to double check cabin & book horses, we were informed that the horse stable was closed down. Because cabin booked in advance, it wasn't possible to cancel. The entire resort needs a makeover, furniture in cabin old & dirty, restaurant pricey for the food quality, & just not enough to do in the winter months with no stables. It was one of the most boring vacations I've taken although staff was very nice! Thank God for the casino in Payson or I would have left in a few days instead of just a day early.

Visited February 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Not Opened”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were so excited when we had made our reservation at kohl's Ranch Lodge and it had advertised horseback riding my boyfriend has never ridden a horse and I always had horses growing up, but we were told upon checkin that they would not be available.

Visited January 2014
Lebanon, New Hampshire
3 attraction reviews
“Best time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I went on a trail ride here and it was a great time! Beautiful setting and very nice horses. I do know how to ride but it would be great for all levels. Check it out when in Payson AZ-also a great place to visit.

Visited October 2013