“Nice place with good food and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Gilbert, Arizona
“Nice place with good food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

They were very accommodating with our kids and dietary restrictions. We enjoyed our Rib eye and Salmon dinners.

Visited March 2013

Payson
“A little disappointed. Nice restaurant, though.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I really do love this restaurant, but my last meal here was very disappointing. I ordered the prime rib medium rare. It arrived medium and luke warm. The potato was also VERY luke warm. Very disconcerting. I pointed this out to the waitress and she was very accommodating and offered to get me a new prime rim - one that was medium rare. Guess what? Missed again. It was medium. I guess the secret is to order prime rib rare! The quality of meat wasn't all that great either. It was a little dry and grainy.

My son's steak, a 12 oz New York Strip, medium rare, was very good and cooked correctly. My wife had scallops (which were excellent) as an appetizer and a large dinner salad. In short, 2 out of the 3 dinners were very good. I pretty much left mine on my plate.

The wine list was certainly adequate, but not great. We ordered a bottle of High Note Malbec. I was not impressed. Although I love a good Malbec, this isn't one of them. Thin, lacking a good finish, and not very complex.

The ambiance is excellent as well as the service. In fact, the service is as good as it gets in Payson.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a great find! My wife and I ate lunch here on the recommendation of a friend! He was right. It is fabulous. My wife and I split two meals. We had the french dip and we both thought it was the best one we have had. The meat was tender and fresh. We also had a oriental salad with coconut salmon. It was terrific. Even their coffee was great! This place is now one of our favorites when we travel around. The waitress Monica gave us exemplary service!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rick S, Owner at Fargo's Steakhouse, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for visiting us. I am glad that your dining experience lived up to your friends recommendation. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kindly,
Rick Stockman
“Better Dining in Payson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is my choice when I'm really wanting a steak... usually prime rib for me. They are friendly, warm, have big yummy crab stuffed mushrooms... but if you like your steak on the rarer side (my choice is MR) you'll want to emphasize this ... tends to be a little more done than what you might hope. Otherwise, nice green salad, super friendly service, good desserts (not gourmet, but solid, well done). Nice wine selections.

For Payson, this is the place to go when you're looking for a better than average meal! Highly recommend!

Visited December 2012
Gunnison, Colorado, United States
“Great Dining Expierience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Service was great and the food was excellent! The prime rib I had was cooked perfect to my specifications, and the chicken dish my wife had was absolutely fantastic. This restaurant is a must visit place and a cannot go wrong choice!

• Visited February 2013