“It is was it is” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Parker
riverside
“It is was it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

My family and I stay here frequently during the summer seasons and the kids can't seem to get enough (ages 11, 7, and 2). It isn't 5 star hotel by any means of the word, but for what we're willing to pay and the convenience (marina, buffet, waterslide/pool for the kids) ..it's perfect. You can't go to this hotel with high expectations...it is what it is and you get what you pay for. Want high quality? Then go somewhere else. The food is average, marina is safe and can be seen from every room, rooms have always been clean, staff is helpful and friendly, and the view of the river/sunset from your room is breath taking. I can't stress enough the phrase "it is what it is" and as long as you go into it knowing that..you'll be very happy there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

When I got to my room and opened the door there were hundreds of flies all over the walls, bed, ceiling, in the bathroom and more even behind the curtain. With that many flies, there had to be something that was not living somewhere in the room or in the walls. There was also a furniture leg that was chewed by either mice, rats or termites. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen or heard in a hotel room. Even one of the employees said to that it was because it was the bottom floor. It shouldn't matter what floor you are staying in. It was utterly disgusting. Even though they were very apologetic, I would NEVER think about staying there again or even recommend it to anyone. They did not have more rooms available to switch me to and not sure I would have now that I think about it. You would also think that any hotel would offer a customer a free voucher for a free stay. Again, I don't think I would have taken it. Just an over all horrible experience.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Laguna Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this resort with another couple 2 weeks ago. First of all, we did get there early, and they said our room was not going to be ready until 3. They basically left us out to dry in the heat! It was scorching outside too, and they were not friendly or welcoming when we first arrived. The front desk attendants were not friendly, nor professional.

When we came back at 3:00 to check in, Bobbi checked us in. She was neither warm nor welcoming, nor friendly. Who trains these people? She looked down the whole time and didn't say much as she checked us in. We showed her our AAA card, and she sighed and said, "Now it's going to take me longer to check you in, just so you know". She was so rude!

Our AC stopped working in our room. We called at 11pm because we were so uncomfortable and wanted it fixed. It was 115 degrees outside. They didn't come to fix it even though we called and they said they would. I called again, and they never showed up. We were too tired to keep dealing with it, we fell asleep.

We called the next night, and finally someone came. He tried to fix it, but didn't. There were no rooms available according to the front desk, so we could not be moved from our room. It was the worst hotel stay ever!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Florence, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

OK, so I'll start out with what was great about this place. The casino was very nice, looks like somthing you would see on the Vegas strip. Bars in the casino, likewise nice, restaurants I was told were very nice (went to eat at 9:15pm and found out that last seating on weeknights was 9) the work out room, nice and the pool area was awesome. 4 level indoor pool (4 individual pools actually) with water slide and waterfall and hot tub. Outside behind the casino is a marina with a little cantina and beach area on the colorado river. So far, awesome clean nice place. This is where it all goes bad. In order to use that wonderfull pool and workout area you have to stay at the hotel in one of their rooms. The first room they gave us was on the 1st floor and I counted 15 fly's the first 2 minutes we were in there. There were a whole bunch on gnats on one of the lamp shades, chewed up beef jerky and M@M's scattered on the floor and when my wife pointed out the spider on the ceiling I decided to go to the front desk and try to get a different room. After a little hassel (front desk lady was obviously having a bad day) they did manage to locate me another room. (Originaly claimed they were fully booked....Yeah ok...fully booked at 3pm on a monday.) This room only had 3 fly's (which I killed) and was much cleaner than the other room. The T.V. didn't work, nor did the clock radio, but we weren't there to watch T.V. so we ignored these inconvienences and went to enjoy the place. After returning to our room at midnight, I found that inside the room I was having a hard time breathing. If I left the room or went up to the casino, it was O.K. (I am slightly asthmatic, though it hardly ever bothers me.) Back in the room, couldn't breath. After 3 hours unable to sleep, I looked at the air filter for the air conditioner and it was completly covered with dust and mold where you couldn't even make out that it was an air filter. Left the hotel at 3am and will never be back. Such a shame, could be the best indian casino in AZ it they'd take care of it. After being to multiple one's, I recommend Mazatzal in Payson.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Enjoy the place and find a place to sleep somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Torrance, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

So I make reservations on the The Blue Water Casinos website , get an email confirmation... Im set .....So I thought !!!!!
My famioly and myself spend all day and night on river, we are tired and kids are restless, we dirve to the casino , to call it a night !!!! We get to front desk and the front desk girl says oh hello Mrs_________ Once she runs our confirmation number in her computer..... then says ... We dont have your room available..... I said excuse me , she said " oh this has happened 4 toher times today,, we are booked !! I said Booked .... are you kidding me.... I just travelled 6 hours from Torrance and have kids and mother in law tired, not to mention a now frustrated husband, she responded with Im sorry , I dont know what to tell you...! I said, Get Me A Manager !! girl again responded, ( its not going to change anything ) ...at this point im heated..... manager comes out and says same stuff ( confused ) ( stuttering) not taking control ..... she says let me see what I can do !!!

She now comes back with a 3rd girl., they begin to tell me , they can locate a King Smoking room ......I explained to them -- NO , i booked 2 queen - non smoking marina view room......she says I dont show you booked that, I said well Im in your computer, that your website booked, they didnt know how to do anything,,,,, the yound desk girl , starts to smirk smile... as if me being frustrated was funny,,,,, i was about to blow up......

I explained to them that I travelled 6+ hours sat in sun at river all day and 5 of us are not gonna fit in king bed (3 adults) ( 2children ) not to mention my daugter has asthma and cant ( will not ) have her in smioking room.....

Bascially they said ( Oh Well) ... they didnt care, the stood there with blank look on there face, dumb as door nails..... this place has the worst customer service, would not help at all, no where to file complaint, no complaint number.... nothing

we had no where to stay, 6 hours from home

we ended up stopping at Best Western down the street, once I told them my story they found us a room at a decent price ( didnt tr to rip us off) , we got free breakfast and great service..... I will always come back to this Bes Western,,,,, No Dought

Blue Water Casino was Horrible

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

This was a very nice hotel/casino with reasonable rates and lots of parking. There is a boat ramp and trailer parking for boat trailers too. The check-in was quick and painless and the casino (which is the first thing you see since it is by the front desk) is much less smokey than the other casinos I have visted around Phoenix. It was very well ventilated.

The hotel rooms have an outdoor room entry (as opposed to indoor hallways) so I anticpated it might be noisy in the evenings with people standing outside smoking or just hanging out. But it actually wasn't bad at all because the door sealed well. Our room faced out to the river and marina. It was somewhat noisy into the night but that is to be expected at such a venue. The room and private balcony had an absolutely gorgeous view. The room was very spacious and very clean.

The slide at the indoor pool was a nice bonus and the pool/jacuzzi stayed relatively empty during the day and got very busy at night. The outdoor marina bar was very nice too and the prices for food were reasonable. There grounds offer some nice places to walk to, like a little "island" off the marina which has good stargazing at night, despite being so close to a well-lit casino.

We ate at the River Willow Steakhouse (in the casino). Make a reservation. We got *very* lucky to get seated without one. The restaurant is fancy but there appears to be no formal dress code. You could come in right off the casino floor in casual attire or get dressed up for a date if you prefer. The price was reasonable and I heard from others that it is light-years better than the buffet at the other, less formal, restaurant at the casino.

I recommend taking a room on an upper floor. We had a private balcony on the fourth floor. I noticed the ground floor patios had absolutely no privacy from people walking to and from the marina. You wouldn't want to sit out there in your pjs in the a.m. if you're the least bit modest.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
San Bernardino, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

We had the best time on New Year's Eve regardless of the casino and staff flaws. Regretfully, the lounge was way too small to accommodate the crowd and many of the guests were literally standing outside the lounge. The band was GREAT and security was right on top of the fight that broke out next to the dance floor! However, it was almost impossible to get a drink and the staff at your welcome desk was horrible to say the least. They did not welcome guests approaching and continued conversations with each other about their personal lives, likes and dislikes even though guests were waiting for service. The casino is small but the pool and gift shop were great. Crews were constantly cleaning but the staff needs to be trained not to bother guests who are playing on the machines by asking them to move so they could sweep and pick up. A cleaner literally knocked a drink over on me while I was at a machine playing. With concentrated staff training, this could be a great vacation site.

Room Tip: N/A Did not stay overnight.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BlueWater Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!