This is a beautiful, serene location. I went the week after Labor Day so it was not too crowded. The staff is extremely nice and helpful and always around. The rooms themselves are nice, but the bathrooms are very dated and the sink area outside the bathroom was very dark and unappealing. Did not make a huge difference to me. The rooms are all ground level next to each other, so it feels more like little apartments. The odd thing was that there is a window on both sides of the room and you see everyone walking by and they see you if you want your blinds open.
You also have a 'private' patio outside your room, but again, there's no real border between the patio and the sidewalk where people walk by to get to other locations on the grounds. People staying there and the staff tried to be courteous and give you privacy, but really there is none.
On a more positive note, the beds were so comfortable and the fridge and microwave came in handy. Bring your own snacks though as there is nowhere nearby to buy anything unless you have a car, I did not. They give you a snack basket in the room that of course if very tempting, but to give you an idea of the prices, a snickers bar was $3.
The jackrabbit pool was very nice, but only some chairs have cushions on them and the pool staff lines them all up everyday so most are in the sun and then you have to move the whole chair to get a cushioned one in the shade. They will help you if you ask, but it didn't make sense to me that put one whole row of cushioned chairs together when people don't like to sit on top of each other. There's a few rafts in the pool, not enough for everyone.
The spa pool was smaller and colder, but very nice. All the chairs are cushioned, but very close together. If you do not have a spa/salon appt booked you have to pay $25 for the day inside the spa. A manicure is $25 so I recommend just getting that instead of paying for nothing. I also got a haircut for $40, which is cheaper than my haircuts at home and it was done by Sue, who was great.
I do not recommend the classes at the fitness center. The instructor I had at least was not all that interested in hotel guests and catered more to the locals who belong. I was in major pain the next day. I also took the water cardio class which was very very easy and I was the only one who showed up, but the teacher was very nice, but very late.
The food at the hotel is fantastic, but very expensive. Not individual dishes, but it all adds up quickly. I do recommend the breakfast buffet for $20, and then taking a muffiin or yogurt and fruit for lunch later. They are fine with that and offer to get you a carton for any food you want to take with you.
One last thing, I took a taxi from the airport to the hotel and it cost $21 or $22 without tip. I asked for a taxi when I was leaving the hotel and they said they have them right on the premises. I thought that was great until as we were driving out of the hotel I noticed there was no meter and the driver said it's a fixed rate of $30. He said the hotel organized that rate. I was not happy as I asked for a taxi, not a car service which it was. Not the biggest deal, just know that if you plan to take a taxi back to the airport.
Overall, it's a great location even in the heat of September.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Hotel Paradise Valley
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Hotel
- Jw Marriott Scottsdale
- Camelback Hotel Jw Marriott
- Marriott Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unrivaled among Scottsdale resorts, JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa remains faithful to its storied history while boldly embracing the future. Located on a breathtaking 125-acre campus beneath Mummy Mountain, this stunning luxury resort features a hacienda style entry, casita guest rooms and impressive amenities that leave guests with the thought of "In all the world, only one..." In addition to 24-hour room service guests can indulge in the fresh restaurant offerings including Rita's Kitchen, R Bar, featuring live music and inviting fire pits, or the famed BLT Steak. Golfers will enjoy 36-holes of championship golf at Camelback Golf Club or instruction from the Advantage Golf School. Spa-goers can unwind at award-winning Camelback Spa with a signature spa treatment, or poolside beneath a cabana while overlooking Camelback Mountain. When you are ready to discover the local area, allow the professional concierges to compliment your interests with the perfect activity or attraction. It's easy to understand why families, business luminaries and leaders alike return to Camelback Inn year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your JW Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.