Our family of four arrived at the Camelback Inn at 9:30 am knowing it was unlikely we would be able to check in to our room. We were allowed to use the pool and resort with a call promised when our room was ready. It was HOT-105 plus. At 2 pm I dropped our bags with the Bellman and checked on our room. Not ready. At 5:15 pm we got a call that the room was ready. I informed the Bellman and went in get room keys with the hope the bellman would show us our room and deliver our luggage. After getting the room keys I returned to the car to find the bellman had loaded all the luggage back into the trunk of the car and left us to find our room and deal with our own luggage. Not the end of the world but not what one would expect from a 5 star establishment.
The property is 5 star but our experience of the service was about as bad as it gets. At dinner the waitress forgot on of our meals, the fire alarm went off for about 5 minutes due to the fajitas (which were were informed is a regular occurrence) and the waitress completely forgot one of our meals for a late arriving guest we had join us for dinner.
Three times we called "at your service," once for cooking items and dishes to enjoy breakfast in the suite, once for dishwashing items and once for a cork screw. The first time the pots, pans and dishes arrived in minutes with a follow-up call to see that we were taken care of. The second and third times the woman who answered the phone was curt and unpleasant. In response to our request for items to wash dishes we were provided a grout brush and in response to our request for a cork screw we were ignored leaving us unable to have an evening glass of wine.
The service at the pool was excellent. The suite and property were as good as it gets. The Bellman and the "at your service" staff need training. The property is so amazing it is hard to imagine why Marriott would allow such poor service to overshadow such and great place.
I would still recommend the Camelback Inn over any other resort in the area but another experience like that described above could change my mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unrivaled among Scottsdale resorts, JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa remains faithful to its storied history while boldly embracing the future. Located on a breathtaking 125-acre campus beneath Mummy Mountain, this stunning luxury resort features a hacienda style entry, casita guest rooms and impressive amenities that leave guests with the thought of "In all the world, only one..." In addition to 24-hour room service guests can indulge in the fresh restaurant offerings including Rita's Kitchen, R Bar, featuring live music and inviting fire pits, or the famed BLT Steak. Golfers will enjoy 36-holes of championship golf at Camelback Golf Club or instruction from the Advantage Golf School. Spa-goers can unwind at award-winning Camelback Spa with a signature spa treatment, or poolside beneath a cabana while overlooking Camelback Mountain. When you are ready to discover the local area, allow the professional concierges to compliment your interests with the perfect activity or attraction. It's easy to understand why families, business luminaries and leaders alike return to Camelback Inn year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Camelback Inn Scottsdale Hotel Paradise Valley
- Jw Marriott Scottsdale
- Camelback Hotel Jw Marriott
- Marriott Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Marriott