“Great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
El Chorro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cross street: 56th Street & Lincoln Drive
Dallas, Texas
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Great location, wonderful ambience. We ate outside on a very pretty patio. We couldn’t have enjoyed the evening more. It has a casual atmosphere but would also be great for a special occasion. The food was excellent and well-priced. I would highly recommend El Chorro for a festive and fun evening out!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Northern California
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Recently dined here with a large party of 11. Damian was our server and what an attentive and entertaining person. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and the surprise was the sticky buns served In between the salad and main course. Interesting yummy addition. We were told instead of traditional bread. Loved it! The Peanut Butter Pie was more than yummy. I took another piece back to our hotel and enjoyed it for breakfast with my morning cup of coffee. What a lovely dinner at a historical establishment. Definitely we will return.

Visited September 2013
Surprise, Arizona
“El Chorro has it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went to El Chorro during restaurant week. Upon entering, the hostess couldn't have been more accommodating. We were seated at a very comfortable table outside on their wonderful patio. Our waiter, Philip, was at our side within a minute. He was engaging and really efficient. You knew he had the proper training and years of experience. The food was perfection....my filet was done exactly how I wanted it. My husband's fish was so fresh. On the dessert menu was a peanut butter pie that was the tastiest (without being overly sweet) dessert that I've ever had. This restaurant is for locals to frequent and visitors for a total dining experience.

Germany
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Despite the longevity ( 1937) of this wonderful restaurant was not on my radar. Restaurant week allows me to sample various places without a lot of out of pocket investment to discover it doesn't suit me. El Chorros was a hit on every score. Its quiet location, beautiful surroundings and the decor was impressive.The food completed a perfect experience.There was a set price menu with options. I was leaning toward the Wedge Salad but the waiter suggested the lobster bisque soup. WOW, it was rich, creamy and big chunks of lobster. I followed this with a filet done to perfection , melt in your mouth character and perfectly seasoned. It was accompanied by parmesan cheese scalloped potatoes, scrumptious, and spinach which was slightly overdone...needed to be simply wilted rather than cooked ( my preference) The desert I selected was the cherry pie ala-mode. The crust was wonderful, cherries just the right amount of tartness. I didn't finish desert as I was truly full...but I left only a small portion. Will return with friends as this is a gastronomic destination!

London
“A gem of a local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hidden away from the more popular (and touristy) areas of Scottsdale I just love this place. It has a large, local and well heeled clientele but they still pour in for the Happy Hour and cut price bar snacks! The menu is different - I had deep fried chicken livers as my starter which isn't on your everyday USA menu and my husband had the fried lobster tails which were superb. Great views of Camelback Mountain.