Sanctuary in Paradise Valley looks inredible on the website, spectacular really. Arriving the Valet area and entrance look nice, but on the way to the room, a Mountain Suite, we got worried. The buildings look like a bad 1960's apartment complex, painted an awful beige color, disguised with nice signs on the doors, and lighting. As soon as we got in the room, we called the front desk and told them no way we were paing $700 for this. It was so cheaply done, with off brand TV's and products. Lots of screaming kids around the pool, were no Sanctuary to us. The Restuarant was excellent though, the Menu could have had more options. Heavy Beef emphasis was on the Menu. The male servers were all outstanding, and super accomodating. One female server was [--] and hositle, but once we switched servers, we had a wonderful meal. The Spa was very nice, and the treatments were very good. Most of the resort is an old Country Club, that is ugly and outdated, dressed up with tinsle. Many people who don't travel much, or don't enjoy the finer things in life regularly may be impressed with the window dressing, but deep down, Sanctuary is way overpriced, and overrated. It's not 4 Seasons quality. They say they are, but they are not, it's obvious it was done on the cheap, and decorated rather than renovated fully. Try the Four Seasons in Troon North, about 40 minutes away, or The Royal Palms. We switched to both, and both far surpassed Sanctuary. It is worth maybe $250/night. It's just cheesy, and cheaply done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your sanctuary at the best Arizona resort...a luxury boutique hideaway on Camelback Mountain. Overlooking the spectacular views of Paradise Valley, relax in a mountainside or spa casita. Retreat to Sanctuary Spa for Asian-inspired treatments and exhilarating classes. Taste the award-winning cuisine of elements' by Food Network star Chef Beau MacMillan. Savor the sunset at jade bar or on edge, raising the bar for happy hour. Play tennis or hike in a fabulous setting, lounge by the infinity-edge pool, or indulge in Scottsdale's hottest shopping, cultural attractions and championship golf just minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Sanctuary Camelback Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Hotel Paradise Valley
- Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Paradise Valley