“great service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Paradise Valley
ny
“great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2004

Service was excellent. Grounds were nice. Spa casita was a good size, outdoor tub is a must do...especially if you're from a big city (like NY)! Elements was good. Not a big spa/resort. Went in early August so not too many people which made it a nice retreat. Don't think I would've enjoyed it as much if it had been packed.

806 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2004

It just doesn't get any better than this. What a gorgeous property! I was there for a business retreat and we were treated like kings (and queens) the whole time. You come back to your room at night and there are candles burning, soft music playing, bathrobes and slippers set out -- fabulous! Sure, it's pricey but it's worth it!! The workout facilities at the spa are the best I've ever seen!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2004

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Arizona in the middle of summer even with the extreme heat. From the moment I arrived the staff was warm, personable and extremely helpful. The spa and pool were beautiful . The bed in the room was completely amazing. The best thing about the hotel is privacy. We never heard other guests when in our room. The pool was active but not crowded. The restaurant was delicious. Overall, the staff could not be more accomodating, the rooms were great and it was the total relaxing/romantic weekend i was searching for. I cant wait to return.

• Stayed July 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2004

Ok..where can I begin? Well, for starters, the Elements restaurant have great food. Absolutely tantalizing. Their food looks like it belongs in a competition. The rooms are of true elegance! Their turndown service is superb and the whole time you are there, they have given my wife and I the best service! The staff is polite, friendly and always willing to help. The amenenties are top notch. You have to get a spa treatment there. Their qualified staff gave us the best spa treatment even imagined. Their pools, especially their inifiniti pool is quite neat I might add. The atmosphere in and around camelback is stunning. I am a person who loves the change in seasons, but honestly, I can retire in Scottsdale. By the way, if you do any outdoor activities, make sure you go early and I do mean early in the morning like 5:30-6:00am. I will most likely come back especially when you have all the amentities to yourself like the pools, spa, gym, etc. Forgot to mention, if you eat at the Elements, be prepared to spend a lot of moolah!!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2004

I recently stayed at the Sanctuary on June 28 with my better half. We stayed in a mountain casita suite and was very impressed with our room. Everything about the suite was immaculate. From the furniture to the view we had from our patio, everything was well appointed and well designed. The bed was very comfortable and the shower in our room was very relaxing. The service from the hotel staff was impeccable. From the moment we pulled up to the hotel lobby to the moment we check-out, the hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Our wonderful experience at this hotel was topped-off with a delightful dinner at the Element restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious and the panoramic view at the restaurant was breath taking. I had a wonderful experience at this resort and would highly recommend this place to those who are looking for a romatic escape in a truly beautiful sactuary.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2004

I just spent an idyllic three days at this exquisite resort. I stayed in a Spa Suite Casita that was wonderfully well appointed and offered an extraordinarily comfortable and welcoming environment featuring beautiful views of the mountains. Being a very frequent spa-goer, I was thrilled that the Sanctuary's spa was so well run and provided such a variety of unique treatments which were administered by highly skilled therapists. The entire spa staff was personable and well trained in their specific areas, and the facility itself was immaculately clean. The staff members who taught the fitness classes and led the walks were absolutely wonderful and are unparalleled in their expertise and commitment to making the activity an enjoyable experience for their guests.

• Stayed June 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2004

Having had the pleasure of visiting many of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, for my husband's birthday I booked a long weekend at The Sanctuary. The is an old failed project that was turned into a hotel and I can't imagine how they were selected to be among so many other fabulous hotels. The "units" are very old and in need of attention. From the time we checked in and were asked what time we would be checking out... to the hostess at Elements and the receptionist at the spa ignoring us while they continued their phone conversations...we expected that even though the rooms were not first rate that at least the service would be. During breakfast, construction workers were replacing the carpet and they were so loud that we couldn't ever have a conversation. We checked out after that first night. The breakfast noise was the final straw.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business

Been to Sanctuary Camelback Mountain? Share your experiences!