I visit Scottsdale several times each year for business or pleasure and have stayed in many of the 4 and 5 star properties.
I recently stayed at this property in the beginning of October and was quite dissapointed.I had heard many favorable comments about this resort property from friends and was looking forward to my visit and in this case,my realities did not match my expectaions.
Although I am grateful to have been upgraded at check in to a larger room,I found my room to be dark, tired and a bit dirty.
The spa was nothing exceptional and prices higher than other resorts in the area for what I considered to be comparable services.
The Property is at its best in the evning when it becomes alive with firepits,attractive lighting design and an active dining and bar scene.
while sitting at a firepit early one evening with friends, a nearby large glass panel exploded with out any explanation and sprayed me with glass and I recieved a splinter in my eye and had to receive medical treatment
Not sure why and how this accident occurred,but it put a chill on the reminder of my stay.The management sent a bottle of wine and some fruit to my room as a gesture of apology.
I prefer the Phoenecian,Sanctuary and biltmore while visiting the Scottsdale area
- Also Known As:
- Montelucia Hotel Paradise Valley
- Montelucia Resort And Spa
- Montelucia Hotel
- Intercontinental Paradise Valley
- Intercontinental Montelucia Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the rich history, white-washed villages and sun-drenched hills of Spain’s Andalusia region, the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia brings the essence of Europe to the heart of Scottsdale. With arching entryways, splashing fountains, floral walkways, and a collection of antiquities hidden throughout the property, Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia is an enchanting resort destination that boasts 293 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, the Moroccan-inspired Joya Spa, six tempting dining options including the critically-acclaimed Prado restaurant, a myriad of radiant pools and breathtaking views. Nestled at the base of Camelback Mountain, the resort’s convenient central location offers easy access to the area’s best golf, recreation, nightlife and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Amex, EasyToBook and Priceline so you can book your Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.